Hi, I have an OBC rank of 3448 in Advance– can you possibly advice on the whihc courses i might get admission into – :(

Hi, I have an OBC rank of 3448 in Advance– can you possibly advice on the whihc courses i might get admission into – :( 

Grade:12

3 Answers

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ shreya 
Kindly mention the CRL rank while asking such type of question ,. and in obs rank 3448 , u can get iit patna , and iit bhu probably with biotech and chemical branch .. in 3rd round councelling .. 
so, it completely depnends on you which stream intrest you more , 
so, try your luck in Josaa councelling .. if got any iit , except the new ones like iit bbsr , iit goa , iit tirupati . etc . 
then take that iit , every branch are good i can say , but stay away from textile branch, and if that is the case that u are getting biotech and textile in any iit , then wait for the top nits , u can get their in 3rd or spot round councelling , 
and the most preferred branch is comp. sci and electrical , civil andmechanical are also good , 
REST DEPENDS ON YOU , 
fill the form of josaa and lock the seat as soon as possible , 
ALL THE BEST ..
Shreya Singh
23 Points
7 years ago
 My CRL rank is 16276 (Advance). 

Thank you for your inputs sir – i will try for the joint counselling and try my luck , if not then drop a year  and try again
Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
HAPPY TO HEAR THAT .. 
U MIGHT NOT GET THE TOP BRANCHES IN IIT , TRY FOR NIT AND IIIT , IF POSSIBLE .. 
and drop only if you have confidence that u can perform better in the next year , beacuse next year the pattern might change and board exam weightage will be out from mains ranking , and the advanced paper might be difficult from this year , 
so, by considering this fact , take the decision about drop .. 

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free