Does IIT offer B.Sc. programme, if yes then Which IIT has better physics department.

Does IIT offer B.Sc. programme, if yes then Which IIT has better physics department. 

Grade:12

1 Answers

Aneesh Sehgal
955 Points
7 years ago
If you have a serious passion for physics and scientific research is the thing you want to do for the rest of your life, I would suggest you to forget the IITs altogether and join IISc's undergraduate program in physics. They use the IIT-JEE as a means of admission and a KVPY scholarship (If you have one) would also help you get in. From what I've seen, the standards of physics education and research at IITs have fallen to the point where serious students should avoid their undergraduate programs (The new 4 year BS programs at IITs which have replaced the old 5 year MSc integrated programs are by no means extensive and deep enough to provide a quality undergraduate education in physics). At IITs, you will effectively waste one year of your undergraduate education studying things like the humanities, manufacturing processes, engineering graphics etc (Even though your major is physics!). You'll also find a severe shortage of well taught advanced elective courses in your pre-final and final years (This will certainly not be a problem at IISc, as they have some of the best physics faculty in the country).  If you're interested in experimental physics, then the physics labs (both research and teaching) at IISc are orders of magnitude superior to those at the IITs, and are among the best in the country. I (and many others) lost all interest in experimental physics after being exposed to the physics laboratories at IIT Kanpur.

There are some othe reputed institutions as well, like – Apex Group of Institutions, Sitapura, Jaipur,.................Jagdishprasad Jhabarmal Tibrewala University, Jhunjhunu,..........................Lovely Professional University, Phagwara,..................BHU, Varanasi

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free