hello.. i am scoring a mere total of 240 in iit 2010..can anybody suggest me what to do..and are the new iits good enough to be comparable...to any of nit's or bits?

hello..

i am scoring a mere total of 240 in iit 2010..can anybody suggest me what to do..and are the new iits good enough to be comparable...to any of nit's or bits?

Grade:12

2 Answers

Askiitians Expert Himanshu Geed - IIT Delhi
31 Points
14 years ago

Dear Vaibhav

240 is a very decent score for IIT JEE 2010. At 240 marks you can expect a rank around 2300-2600 in IIT. At this rank, you'll be having a good number of options. You can get some very good dual degrees in any of the IITs in Civil Engg. etc. Also you can get B.Tech courses in Metallurgy, Industrial engg. etc. You can take a look at opening & closing ranks here:

http://www.askiitians.com/iit-jee-2009-rank.aspx

About new IITs, the infrastructure & facilities of new IITs aren't at par with the existing NITs till date. Although there's hope that in coming 2-3 years, they'll get equipped with the desired facilities, labs & faculties required. So the future of new IITs aren't at a stake. Sooner or later they'll excel & come par with some of the best NITs in India.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best!!!

Regards,

Askiitians Experts

HIMANSHU GEED

Sid @ askiitian
44 Points
14 years ago

HI

Wait for the expected cutoffs of IIT JEE 2010, well your score seems good for new IITs and others.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free