There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,950 off

i am scoring a mere total of 240 in iit 2010..can anybody suggest me what to do..and are the new iits good enough to be any of nit's or bits?

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Vaibhav

240 is a very decent score for IIT JEE 2010. At 240 marks you can expect a rank around 2300-2600 in IIT. At this rank, you'll be having a good number of options. You can get some very good dual degrees in any of the IITs in Civil Engg. etc. Also you can get B.Tech courses in Metallurgy, Industrial engg. etc. You can take a look at opening & closing ranks here:

About new IITs, the infrastructure & facilities of new IITs aren't at par with the existing NITs till date. Although there's hope that in coming 2-3 years, they'll get equipped with the desired facilities, labs & faculties required. So the future of new IITs aren't at a stake. Sooner or later they'll excel & come par with some of the best NITs in India.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best!!!

Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Wait for the expected cutoffs of IIT JEE 2010, well your score seems good for new IITs and others.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Branch Ranking of IIT

what are the opening and closing rank for chemical engineering in 1 st round seat allocation in iit kharagpur in 2015
Dear student opening and closing rank for chemical engineering in 1st round seat allocationin iit kharagpur in 2015 are 1627 and 2448
Nishant Vora one year ago
1790 and 2520
Avinash one year ago
upto which rank should i get mechanical engineering in iit kanpur
SAHIL 2 months ago
@ krs u need a rank within 610-1034 for mechanical at iit kanpur . 610 is the opening rank and 1034 is the closing rank for it . and if any kind of catagory are attached on your name , then ...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
U must rank b/w 678 to 1123 for open category but for other u can get mechanical iit kanpur due to reservation
Aditya dhonde one month ago
should i join bits dubai (cse), IIT jodhpur(systems science spec cse) , nit kurukshetra (ece or it ) , cse in vit,upes,kiit,srm,manipal,lmniit(eee),dtu and nsit(lower branches),iiit...
@ rishabh Take drop if u can do better and make it to one of the top 5 iits , but taking drop is a risky thing , i have enough example in which students taking drop and end up getting even...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
SAHIL 2 months ago
my rank in iit is 10413.Is there any chance of getting admission in IIT colleges and Iam coming under general .
No, there is not much hope for you as the score you have mentioned here, does not ensure your getting placed at IIT, so you should better try getting admission at any one of the following – ...
Aneesh Sehgal 4 months ago
sorry but chances are negligible because only 10,000 seats are available in iits . so chances are very very less.sorry for the statement with best wishes for future sahil
SAHIL 4 months ago
sir please suggest What should be the preference iit or course
@ muskan the main thing is the branch , as in most of the time , the college doesnot matter a lot , but its depend upon how strong your resume are .. i hv a example case of that also , let...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
see you need to hv a balance of both, try to get in the 7 zonal iit. But remember dont compromise on the branch because you are going to be recognised by your branch and your life depen on...
Abhishek Singh 3 months ago
I have got 120 in jee mains and 93.2 % in 12th CBSE Boards and I belong to General Category. Pl suggest me some good colleges (private/government). I would even prefer Industrial/Production ...
Dear Student, Now that the results have announced you can check your exact rank in online score card on JEE website. And then you can check the opening and closing rank of colleges you want...
Nishant Vora one year ago
Your score is good both in JEE as well as in board, but check your rank first as the result has been made public and seconly keep an eye on the latest updates of counselling rounds, no...
Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago
Did you get into somewhere or not? You must vosot the official website of Josaa to find out where you have been allotted a seat, may also go for a comparative analysis of some...
Soneel Verma one year ago
if i score 75% in 12 th boards and score 100 marks in jee mains and become eligible for writing advanced whereas my friend scores 95% in 12 th and manages to score 93 marks in mains and is...
Dear Student, congrats to both of you for your score in board as well as in Jee, but to get the clear idea about your rankings, allocation of seat in an institution and to know about the...
Aneesh Sehgal 4 months ago
hi shikhar. your friend has a better rank than you in jee mains because jee mains rank is not affected by jee advance performance. but if your marks in jee advance are good then your jee...
SAHIL 4 months ago
i mean what about the all india rank..will he have a better rank?..... in rank predictor i got a rank of 7000 in ST category...any chance i’ll get cs in any iit or any iit??
shikhar panwar 4 months ago
what is the minimum cut in jee mains to get into vit
Dear Student, You can go through there website and can check the opening and closing ranks/marks for the previous marks. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati 8 months ago
@ harshal kindly check the official websites of vit for the same,, for vit the entrance exams are separate that is viteee , the forms are out, u can fill them .. HOPE IT HELPS
Umakant biswal 8 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,950 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 4,950 off

More Questions On Branch Ranking of IIT

Ask Experts