i have completed my first year at nitk surathkal in comp engg. i gave iit jee this year and got iit kgp chemical 4yr. i dont have any such branch interest. should i leave nitk and go to iit?

i have completed my first year at nitk surathkal in comp engg. i gave iit jee this year and got iit kgp chemical 4yr. i dont have any such branch interest. should i leave nitk and go to iit?

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

askiitian expert akshay singh
8 Points
14 years ago

hi sajal,

As u mentioned u dont have any branch interest,I will suggest u to leave nit surathkal and join iit kg.The reason for this is that the brand name of iit is gonna really enhance ur CV and u r really gonna learn much more from iit.Amongst the top 100 engineering colleges in india u'll find nit surathkal is far below iitkg,so there is no chance left for not leaving nit.If u were in some other nit like warangal or trichy i would'nt have suggested u to leave nit,because comp science branch has a great future and department of cs in these nits  is very well established.

As u r getting chemical engg. in iit kg there is not much concern regarding branches and pay packages.CS in nit or che. in iit kg,there is not much difference between the branches,chemical too has got a very good scope and its an evergreen branch.Now the thing comes the 1 year u have already spent in the nit so i would say  b.tech from nit won't be sufficient and probably u'll have to go for m.tech or higher studies so its better not to worry about the 1 year because b.tech from will be sufficient enough to secure good job.

So dont get confused and go for iit.

Pratham Ashish
17 Points
14 years ago

Dear Sajal,

Congrats for you excellence as i m wondering hw u r able to crack jee while studying in nit.but in dis situation i will suggest u to go to iit kanour as it is the only best option u hav .u don't bother about the branch and u already said dat u havn't any specific branch interest so u must go to iitk as iit name is enough to make ur choice easy and also u are getting chem engg. which is quite demanding these days and will provide u a better placements at the end of ur engg. . And if u think why u studied for jee after getting comp sc at nits den u must realise iit is where u belong to.In the end i will only say that u must not hav any 2nd thoughts regarding this decision .

wishing u luck for ur future

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free