There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

I got 220 rank in JEE2010 among IIT bombay- Mechanical and IIT kanpur -Computers which one should i prefer.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Nidhi, 

Congrates for very good rank.

Both the option that u have mentioned are good in terms of placement and future scope.. The first thing i ll advise is go with your choice of branch..You should opt the branch which you are interested in as both these IITs are the top ones.. And if you neutral for both, then i ll advise you to go for computers@IIT Kanpur. 

Click the link below link for opening and closing rank of IIT :

Cutoff in new IITs  check the link give below :    (this link includes the more detail analysis)

for code of the cources check the councelling broucher 2009.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our disucssion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Branch Ranking of IIT

Sir, i got 8934 rank in iit jee adv 2016 in general category. Caj i get admission in any of the new iit like jammu, bhilai, dharwad, goa etc?
yes sure you can get admission just stay in counseling and you will get whatever youh have wished for
Sourabh Singh 3 months ago
Dear Student, kindly visit the official website of JEE Advanced and get to know the merit list, closing and opening state, whether you have chance in either of the aforementioned...
Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago
sir i am expecting a rank of 7000 in jee adv 2016 should i go to iit or wait for one year
Dear Student, you better check your status at IIT official website and be sure whether you have a chance there?, If yes, well and good else you may choose one of the leading instituitions...
Aneesh Sehgal 4 months ago
yes sure you should go to iit. there are total 10,000 seats in iit. so i think you can easily get a good branch in iit. but if you have deep interest in a paricular branch like cse and...
SAHIL 4 months ago
Hello I m Abdul maher my rank is 14000 n my caste is obc can I expect any iit or should I go for nit
Dear friend, the rank hat you have mentioned, does not guarantee a seat at an IIT rather you may visit the official website of JEE Mains and getb to know which NIT is suitable for your rank ...
you go for nit you didnt get seat in iit so you apply for nit.................................all the best......................................
raj 4 months ago
which is better iit kharagpur economics or iit kanpur metallurgical and material science.
both of these iit provides a good academic environment. but i think if we consider another factors like placement as a factor of comparison then surely you should opt iit kharagpur...
SAHIL 4 months ago
hello, any one better but what do you really interest?that one you is better for your life.all the best
raj 4 months ago
Both the institutions are highly reputed and both the branches areequally good as far as future prospects are concerned. is up to you to decide which branch to choose and what...
i got obc jee advance rank 512 sir .is cse in bhu or mechnical in chennai which is a better option please do answer
it is better to take mech in chennai as it is the one of the good branch and there are best job oppurtunities at chennai and there is one thing that if you are good at physics then it is...
Siva Rama Krishna Gudipudi 4 months ago
BHU has earned a very sound image in the field of quality education as well as best ever placements, So, getting a seat at BHU in any-any branch is a matter of pride, secondly the future...
is one thing that if you are good at physics then it is better to you to take mechanical at chennai or otherwise if you are good at maths then it is preferable to take cse i.e.... you...
raj 4 months ago
sir/mam i want to ask is zero even or odd or both or none which one should i consider
hi gaurabg zer is considered as a even number. a number is considered as even if it is divisible by 2 exactly. only due to this reason we consider zero as even thanks post if still some...
SAHIL one month ago
Hello Gaurang , According to me zero should be considered as even ,because of its divisibility by 2 , as we know a number is said to be even if its divisible by 2.
jus one month ago
Hi Gaurang According to me an integer is odd if dividing it by 2 does not yeilds an integer but on dividing 0 by 2 we get an integer “0” so 0 is even
Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
@ xavier let me know u want tips on which besics , i mean time management , study pattern . etc ?/ and as far as smart study is concerned then thats also for sure required for jee advanced...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Branch Ranking of IIT

Ask Experts