There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

I have heard that reshuffling of branch is possible in IIT after completing 1 year.

Could you please tell me the procedure and probability of getting a better branch in reshuffling?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Yash;

I think you have cleared JEE 2010 and waiting for a good course in IITs...........

Sliding takes place only in the first sem end and not throught the first year in most of the IITs.

Each IITs have its own procedure of sliding but the sliding condition of the IITs is more or less as it comes below..............:)

If you want to slide from one branch to another in the IITs you must be within the top 5 of your branch and should be in the first 10% of the people wanting to slide to the course in your college as the first 10% of the candidates from a branch only could slide and the branch you want to get a change should not get an increase of more than 10% of the candidates present already.More detailed information about sliding will be given in the counselling brochure provided by the IITs once you get a rank.

If you are very keen about sliding you must really work hard in the first sem as you must top the college packed with toppers from all over INDIA and everyone will be looking up for a slide in their course.

If you are not sure and if you are a first attempter then you may consider a dropout also as most of them who join IITs are dropouts.

With Regards;

Vasanth Kumar Balakrishnan...................:)

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Branch Ranking of IIT

I scored 101 in jee mains as per general category n m expecting around 85% in boards .I wanna know which college n which branch I shall be eligible.
If you wish to get an admission at an IIT or upper level NIT then you’ll have to do a wonderful job in Jee advanced as well, otherwise you may get admission at leading private...
Aneesh Sehgal 5 months ago
use Resonance rank predictor , askiitians or career360 rank predictor and check the cutoffs of the colleges you want to get into.
Aniket Sinha 5 months ago
If I will get AIR 1500 in general category then what could be my OBC Rank in JEE advanced?
Hii Its is very vague question but from previous data it can be assured that you will be well within less than 8% of the top OBC’s Best of Luck For other queries related to IIT JEE you...
Sourabh Singh 15 days ago
i got obc jee advance rank 512 sir .is cse in bhu or mechnical in chennai which is a better option please do answer
it is better to take mech in chennai as it is the one of the good branch and there are best job oppurtunities at chennai and there is one thing that if you are good at physics then it is...
Siva Rama Krishna Gudipudi 4 months ago
BHU has earned a very sound image in the field of quality education as well as best ever placements, So, getting a seat at BHU in any-any branch is a matter of pride, secondly the future...
Aneesh Sehgal 4 months ago
is one thing that if you are good at physics then it is better to you to take mechanical at chennai or otherwise if you are good at maths then it is preferable to take cse i.e.... you...
raj 4 months ago
Sir I am sending the list of 2015 advance.Is obc opening rank in the list is based on general merit list rank or obc merit list rank..i.e. the rank 6th of iit bombay for cse branch is the...
Hii your query is not clear .Kindly repost the question and for other queries related to IIT JEE you can contact us at support[at] or 010-4616500
Sourabh Singh 3 months ago
will i get admission in nit if my jee main rank is 16000
this year the no. of nit seats was increased to 2,00,000. so don’t worry about your nit seat. but the problem is that you cannot get a top branch in a top institute. so leave about it and...
NAVEEN REDDY 5 months ago
yes surely you will get amission in a nit if your rank is 16000 and near about is. best of luck for iitjee preperations regards sahil sharma
SAHIL 5 months ago
hello Sir, I am a B.Tech student from cse steam and I have selected in a good multinational company and I am willing to write GATE 2010.Most of my friends suggested me to opt for the job as...
If you are from IIT then there is not write any gate exam and M Tech will not be a good choice. because after M Tech fron any IIT , the salary difference will be 5 to 8K@month only. and that...
AskiitianExpert Pramod-IIT-R 6 years ago
I have recieved 65% scholarship from pinnacle program of fiitjee should i go for thiss.......
@ animesh it completely depend upon you , iof you are intrested in this then u can join , pinnacle programme only guides you in the process of last 4-5 months of preparation , even u can...
2017 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On Branch Ranking of IIT

Ask Experts