which branch should be preffered? better job prospects?and why?

which branch should be preffered?

better job prospects?and why?

Grade:12

2 Answers

Vijay Luxmi Askiitiansexpert
357 Points
13 years ago

Dear Nitin,

Aerospace/aeronautical engineering is a specialized version of mechanical engineering. Both the branches are so close,  The only differences will be the focus in your last two years. As an AE major, you'll have more specialized courses over a range of topics (controls, fluid dynamics, vibrations, Propulsion, FEM, etc.) and only one or two engineering electives. As a Mech E, you will take more fundamentals classes and then have some freedom to select what areas you want to focus in.

Both deal heavily with structures, fluid mechanics, and thermodynamics, and various special applications therein.

Modern gas turbine power plants are based on aeroderivative (aircraft) turbines.

Of course there are special applications like spacecraft, rocket propulsion and hypersonic aerodynamics which would not be covered in a general mechanical engineering program.

You can go for mechanical engineering as this one is evergreen but I wud suggest you to go for one in which u are realy interested in coz if you will go with your interest thn you will find the very good job option in that along with good money..

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our disucssion forum as you can. If you find any question difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best !!

NITIN KUMAR
18 Points
13 years ago

actually,i lov aero its my passion..but i hav heard dat due to lack of scope and career growth in india,aero UGs head abroad to do majors b4 ther are accepted by aerospace giants like boeing,lm,airbus???

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free