• OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

which branch should be preffered?

better job prospects?and why?

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Nitin,

Aerospace/aeronautical engineering is a specialized version of mechanical engineering. Both the branches are so close,  The only differences will be the focus in your last two years. As an AE major, you'll have more specialized courses over a range of topics (controls, fluid dynamics, vibrations, Propulsion, FEM, etc.) and only one or two engineering electives. As a Mech E, you will take more fundamentals classes and then have some freedom to select what areas you want to focus in.

Both deal heavily with structures, fluid mechanics, and thermodynamics, and various special applications therein.

Modern gas turbine power plants are based on aeroderivative (aircraft) turbines.

Of course there are special applications like spacecraft, rocket propulsion and hypersonic aerodynamics which would not be covered in a general mechanical engineering program.

You can go for mechanical engineering as this one is evergreen but I wud suggest you to go for one in which u are realy interested in coz if you will go with your interest thn you will find the very good job option in that along with good money..

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our disucssion forum as you can. If you find any question difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best !!

6 years ago

actually,i lov aero its my passion..but i hav heard dat due to lack of scope and career growth in india,aero UGs head abroad to do majors b4 ther are accepted by aerospace giants like boeing,lm,airbus???

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Branch Ranking of IIT

Sir, i am confused between choosing IIT kgp Architecture and a Msc dual degree in BITS Pilani. I am more inclined towards the tag than the branch. But i hardly know anything about...
@ ankush From my preference , u should have to go for dual degree in bits pilani , as u have mentioned that the TAG are important to you , kindly see the brochure of bits pilani sent...
Umakant biswal 4 months ago
you , kindly see the brochure of bits pilani sent to you abt the dual degree programme , it also have excellent oppurtunity in placement , and abt the architecture in iit kharagpur ,...
raj 4 months ago
Dear Student, choosing Architecture may be a wise decision as a number of vistas may open for you and there are quite bright future prospects, on the other hand MSc dual degree will not...
Aneesh Sehgal 4 months ago
Sir/Madam, I have secured all india sc rank of 2291. You people are alumni’s can you tell me what college or branch i can get with this small rank ?
Dear Student, you may either visit the official website of JEE or use askiitians link to get the requisite information. There you may find the cutoff and merit list and also the chances for ...
hi arvind : my dear friend please visit the below mentined link and compare your results with previous year cutoff
SAHIL 4 months ago open this can get any information
raj 4 months ago
hello sir,i have got a rank of 2701 in jee advanced 2016, i am confused about which branch should i take as i am not sure about a bright career in mechanical engineering. i know i will not...
Dear Student, you must think over this issue seriously what interests you the most and then make a choice. Rest assured that Mechanical branch will certainly bring you monetary rewards and...
You won't get mechanical anywhere(Old IITs)...All you have is IIT Hyderabad mechanical and BHU mechanical(which I won't suggest you to take).You can join Eco,Phy,Aerospace,Civil at...
Sanchit 4 months ago
I won't suggest you to take).You can join Eco,Phy,Aerospace,Civil at Kanpur...Chemical,Civil,Aerospace in KGP..Civil,Chemical in Roorkee...Aerospace,Civil in Madras,Metallurgy in IIT Bombay....
raj 4 months ago
i got 2740 rank in iit should i opt for iit mandi cs
Dear student, did you follow the counseling schedule of JEE?: Had you some other otions too?f yes, cocsider rest of the options as well, IIT Mandi is no less, but just to be sure that you...
congrats for your getting rank.your family is so can choose what your are interest................all the best.............................
raj 4 months ago
if my obc rank in jeeadv is 7574,then can I get college?
Dear Student there are very low chances to get at an IIT/NIT with this score, but you needn’t feel discouraged because there are so many reputed colleges and universities which are...
i think it is difficult to get seat in collage.sorry.….….….…..any way try to another course.................................
raj 4 months ago
no.there is zero chance i mean to say zero chance
vakul 4 months ago
how much hrs should i study daily and i m sincerely speaking that i have not started preparation.Am i too late?Pls reply i really want to crack iit.pls suggest me a time table.and should i...
Dear javed so from now you need to work hard to get good rank in IIT JEE. besides school and coaching hour you should give 5-6 hour in your home for IIT JEE Prepration. and for the rest of...
Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 6 years ago
Dear JAVED, Hope you are fine and doing well in your studies. By your question I can understand how much you are worrying about your studies. For day 6-7 hours of serious study is more than...
Askiitians Expert Nagaraju 6 years ago
CBSE board one person got 481 and 179 in board and jee Mains respectively other one got 475 and 183. But their jee Mains rank is in 4000s and 8000s. Both are in general category. Does it...
@ thiagar HOW can that happen ?? the rank will not come in that much diffrence , you have 60 percent weightage for jee main score , and 40 percent weightage for board marks or percentage ....
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
It is little confusing dear, actually, if you aspire to get a seat in a reputed institution then you need to perform well in JEE or else you may try seeking admission in a reputed...
Aneesh Sehgal 3 months ago
Thanks for your answer. No 475 and 481 are cbse board marks. In the Jee Main Rank card the 475 mark had a normalised scored of 184 and 481 had a normalised score of 226.
Thiagarajan 3 months ago
I am going to get 70 in jee mains and 450 in cbse boards whats my rank best options for cse
You will get rank in between 160000-180000.And with that you cannot get cse in any of the NITS................................................
Nikhil Upadhyay 6 months ago
i dont think you will get cse in top 10 nits..........................................................................................
jayesh 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete AIPMT/AIIMS Course and Test Series
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,000 off

More Questions On Branch Ranking of IIT

Ask Experts