In plant breeding most varieties have their names starting with pusa.eg: pusa komal.can I plz tell me wat actually did pusa refer to

In plant breeding most varieties have their names starting with pusa.eg: pusa komal.can I plz tell me wat actually did pusa refer to

Grade:12

5 Answers

SAHIL
3778 Points
7 years ago
Pusa refers to the name of genus. If pusa komal is the scientific name of a species then pusa refer to genus while komal refers to species of that plant
Thanks
nihala
27 Points
7 years ago
But sorry. Then how the same genus pusa comes under chilli,cauliflower, cowpea,brassica?they r not in same family right?moreover in text Pusa Komal,(how a species name start with capital letter
SAHIL
3778 Points
7 years ago
Genus is a class of ORGANISM which have common characteristics and which can be divided into subordinate kinds.
ALL THESE SPECIES ARE HAVE MANY CHARACTERSTICS IN COMMON. SO I THINK THIS IS THE REASON THEY ARE IN SAME GENUS.
THANKS
manojaryan
11 Points
7 years ago
Pusa is in reference to varieties that were developed at the Rajendra Agricultural University. situated in Samastipur, Pusa, Bihar
DIWAKAR PANDEY
168 Points
6 years ago
Pusa name is given on the name of Indian agriculture research institute which is situated in PUSA ,BIHAR.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free