Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

Q:- Two systems of rectangular axes have the same origin. If a plane cuts them at distances a,b,c and a1,b1,c1 from the origin, then

B. (1/a^2)-(1/b^2)+(1/c^2)=(1/a1^2)-(1/b1^2)+(1/c1^2)

C. (a^2)+(b^2)+(c^2)=(a1^2)+(b1^2)+(c1^2)

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Tapasranjan

equation of planes are 

x/a + y/b + z/c =1

x/a1  + y/b1 + z/c1 =1

since the axis is roatated but the origin and the plane is same so perpendicular distance from the origine to both the plave will be same

|1|/√{1/a2 + 1/b2 +1/c2}  = |1|/√{1/a12 + 1/b12 +1/c12}

√{1/a2 + 1/b2 +1/c2}  = √{1/a12 + 1/b12 +1/c12}

1/a2 + 1/b2 +1/c2  = 1/a12 + 1/b12 +1/c12

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed
solution very  quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Analytical Geometry

A circle passes through (2,1) and x+2y=1 is tangent to it at (3,-1). Find its equation
find the perpendicular distance from cenetr of circle to the given tangent. m = |x1 + 2y1 – 1|/|root(x1^2 + y1^2)| and equate it to root((x1-3)^2 + (y1+1)^2) = m {from distance formulae}...
Vikas TU 3 months ago
A ray of light coming from the point (1,2) is reflected at a point A on the y-axis and then passes through the point (5,3). What are the co-ordinates of point A?
Dear Student Here you should take three cases Case (1) Point is at origin, Case (2) Point is above origin (0,y) , y>0 Case (3) Point is below origin (0,y), y<0 And for all the three...
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago
Find the reflection of point (1,2) w.r.t y-axis. By simple geometry you will find that point of reflection of (1,2) i.e. (-1,2) , point A and (5,3) are collinear. So you can easily find the ...
Bhasker Goel 3 months ago
There`s a line AB whose distance is given and coordinates of A are given as well. How to find the coordinates of B? I tried it by Distance formula but in the end I get a quadratic eqn in x...
Is the equation of any line given?If yes then use parametric form and then solve. You can also bring the coordinates of B completely in terms of x or y.
2017 years ago
how many times we should apply derivative in multiple roots?
If there are n roots so derviatives can be applied till n-1 times. Please specify the proper question. So that I can guide you properly.
Harsh Patodia one month ago
modulus operator is a bit tough for me and i cant understand a thing in some questions for eg lim x->0- mod(x)/x=-1; how does this work mod must always be positive right?
Posting again as the there is bug in website which does not properly dispay inequalities. Its not difficult if you visualise it graphically. Search google for desmos graphing calculator and ...
Ajay 2 months ago
Its not difficult if you visualise it graphically. Search google for desmos graphing calculator and plot the graph for this function y= mod(x)/x. You will see why left hand limit for thins...
Ajay 2 months ago
Solve: [log_e (x-1)] / [(x-1)(x-3)]
Dear Student, The your questions seems to be incomplete, please check it. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
Dear Student, The your questions seems to be incomplete, please check it. Thanks.
Raghu Vamshi Hemadri one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn