Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

the straight lines whose direction cosines given by al+bm+cn=0 and mn+nl+lm=0 are parallel if a^1/2+b^1/2-c^1/2 is equal to a) 0,b) 1,c)2,d)4

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Vaibhav

put value of n from 1 to second and form the quadretic equation in (l/m)

a(l/m)2 +(a+b-c)(l/m) +b=0

so (l1/m1)*(l2/m2) =b/a  ...............3

given line are parallel so   l1/l2 =m1/m2 =n1/n2

or l1/m1 =l2/m2

so from equation 3

l1/m1 =(b/a)1/2

and l1/m1    +l2/m2   =(c-a-b)/a

or 2(l1/m1) =(c-a-b)/a

from above result

or a+b+ 2(ba)1/2=c

(a)1/2+ (b)1/2=(c)1/2

so option a is correct

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
 If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Analytical Geometry

IF A(cosA,sinA) B(cosB,sinC) and C(cosD,sinE) represent three vertices of the triangle . Then find the orthocentre of the triangle.
As the points A,B and C have same distance from origin (0,0). So it’s circumcentre is at (0,0) then it’s orthocentre is the of vertices of the triangle . Its orthocentre is...
Adarsh Srivastav one month ago
The locus of the centre of circles touching the y-axis and circle x + y – 2x = 0 externally is
First find out the radius of the circle given: x^2 + y^2 – 2x = 0 . And assume locus of center be P(a,b) and T be touching point and And foot of a perpendicular line from P to H. then by...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Is there any direct formula relating the sides of a triangle and it's area in vectors
the area of a triangle in vector form is A=|ab*ac|1/2 for any queries send me mail to my username ths is given in some book that is the area of a triangle in vector form if it is wrong iam...
Rock Guitarian 10 months ago
if cosα=1/√2, sinβ=1/√3, show that tanα+β/2.cotα-β/2=5+2√6 or 5-2√6.
cos(a)=1/ so, a= /4 tan(a+b/2).cot(a-b/2)={sin(a+b/2).sin(a-b/2)}/{cos(a+b/2).cos(a-b/2)} {Sin(a+b/2+a-b/2)+sin(a+b/2+a-b/2)}/{sin(a+b/2+a-b/2)-sin(a+b/2-a+b/2)}...
Kuldeep Pal one month ago
Write direction ratios of the vector a = i + j − 2k and hence calculate its direction cosines?
Note that direction ratios a, b, c of a vector r = x i + yj + zk are just the respective components c, y and z of the vector. So, for the given vector, we have a = 1, b=1, c= –2. Further,...
KUNCHAM SAMPATH 10 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn