whats the equation of plane passing thru  point (1,1,1) containing line r‾=(-3i+j+5k)+λ(-3i-j-5k)? also prove that it contains line r‾=(-i+2j+5k)+ μ(i-2j-5k).

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

required plane containing line u r given so by its direction u find normal of plane and then r.n=a ...u r done...

pres thnx if i helped u...

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
If two tangents to the parabola y 2 =4ax from a point P make an angle θ 1 and θ 2 with the axis of the parabola, then find the locus of P if cosθ 1 cosθ 2 =λ...

Let the equation of tangent in slope form be y= mx + a/m Let point P be (h,k) hence this point will satisfy the line there fore: k = mh + a/m or mh^2 - km + a = 0 (a quadratic in 'm' which...
  img
Pratik Tibrewal 10 months ago
wat are asymptotes?

Asymptotes are tangents to a hyperbola which never really touch it or mathematically u can say touch it at infinity Asymptotes are very imp from jee pt of view so do it very nicely good luck...

needhelp 4 months ago
Area of a quadrilateral is 3/4*root3. The radius of circle circumscribing the quad. is 1. if AB=1 BD=root3 then BC.CD=?

Hello Student, clearly Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 4 months ago
A person goes to office either by car, scooter, bus or train probability of which being 1/7 , 3/7 , 2/7 and 1/7 respectively. Probability that he reaches office late, if he takes car,...

Hello Student, P(C)=1/7 P(S)=3/7 P(B)=2/7 P(T)=1/7 I be the event of him reaching in time. P(I/C)=7/9 P(I/S)=8/9 P(I/B)=5/9 P(I/T)=8/9...
  img
Arun Kumar 4 months ago
Help ..Image attached

Hello student, Please find answer to your question Similarly for n,
  img
Jitender Singh 4 months ago
Please suggest best book for preparing 3D for iit.

Dear tanayraj, Check the link below: http://www.askiitians.com/Important-books-iit-jee.aspx Cracking IIT just got more exciting,It s not just all about getting assistance from IITians,...

Aman Bansal 2 years ago

Arihant “Vectors and 3-D geometry”

Chetan Mandayam Nayakar 2 years ago

arihant parkashan,h.c.verma,r.d.sharma

Dilip chouhan one year ago
View all Questions »