whats the equation of plane passing thru  point (1,1,1) containing line r‾=(-3i+j+5k)+λ(-3i-j-5k)? also prove that it contains line r‾=(-i+2j+5k)+ μ(i-2j-5k).

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

required plane containing line u r given so by its direction u find normal of plane and then r.n=a ...u r done...

pres thnx if i helped u...

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
sir what is parallelopiped this is asked in the mathematics exercise of 8 th grade but it is nowhere to be found in the book

In geometry, a parallelepiped is a three-dimensional figure formed by six parallelograms (the term rhomboidis also sometimes used with this meaning). By analogy, it relates to a...
  img
Sourabh Singh 26 days ago

a parallelepiped is a three-dimensional figure formed by six parallelograms. The rectangular cuboid (six rectangular faces), cube (six square faces), and the rhombohedron (six rhombus faces)...
  img
Yash Baheti 26 days ago
if a parabola whose length of latus rectum is 4a touches the coordinate axes the find the locus of its focus

please check the attached file
  img
Sunil Raikwar 7 months ago

Let (h,k) be the focus of the hyperbola, since it touches the axis tangent at the vertex should be and the equation of its directrix should be and the perpendicular distance from direcrtrix...

sunil raikwar 7 months ago

Hi Pranjal, There is slight technical issue. Please post these questions again in analytical Geometry. We will upload the answers for the same. askIITians Faculty

sunil raikwar 7 months ago
if the lines ax + by + c=0,bx+cy+a=0 and cx+ay+b=0 be concurrent then A.a^3+b^3+c^3-3abc=0 B. a^3+b^3+c^3-abc C.a^3+b^3+c^3+3abc. D.none of these Sir pls explain the answer in detail. Thanks...

CONCURRENCY OF LINES IS DETERMINED BY USING the ZERO or NON-ZERO VALUE OF THE DETERMINANT a 1 b 1 c 1 a 2 b 2 c 2 a 3 b 3 c 3 WHICH IS ZERO FOR CONCUREENT LINES. WHICH IN THIS CASE IS : a b...

siddharth gupta 2 months ago

CONCURRENCY OF LINES IS DETERMINED BY USING the ZERO or NON-ZERO VALUE OF THE DETERMINANT a 1 b 1 c 1 a 2 b 2 c 2 a 3 b 3 c 3 WHICH IS ZERO FOR CONCUREENT LINES. WHICH IN THIS CASE IS : a b...

find the general solution of the eqquation 4cos(x) +3 Sin (x)=5

4(1 – 2sin 2 x/2) + 3(2sinx/2* cosx/2) – 5 = 0 4 – 8 sin 2 x/2 + 6sinx/2 cosx/2 – 5 = 0 – 8 sin 2 x/2 + 6sinx/2 cosx/2 – 1 = 0 – 8 sin 2 x/2 + 6sinx/2 cosx/2 – (sin 2 x/2 + cos 2 x/2) = 0 –...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI one month ago
If p(x) be a polynomial of degree 3 satisfying p(−1) = 10, p(1) = −6 and p(x) has maximum at x = −1 and p′(x) has minima at x = 1. Find the distance between the local maximum and local...

Hello Student, Let the polynomial be p(x)=ax^3 +bx^2 +cx+d p(-1)=–a + b – c + d = 10 p (1) = a + b + c + d = –6 p'(-1)=3a – 2b + c = 0 p''(1)= 6a + 2b = 0...
  img
Arun Kumar 2 months ago
A rocket moves horizontally with a constant velocity ‘u’ at a height ‘L’. A guided missile is fired vertically with a speed ‘v’ when the rocket passes above it. Assuming that the missile...

The plans will strike when the both covers the distance L, the verticl velocity of above plane is, v=gt donwards, so the relative velocity is gt+v s= u+at L=gt+v+gt ^2 gt 2 +gt+v-L=0, solve...
  img
Sher Mohammad 2 months ago
View all Questions »