ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

The length of the chord of the parabola y2=x which is bisected at the point (2,1) is?

a)51/2     b)4*31/2     c)3*31/2     d)2*51/2

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

T = S1

y-0.5(x+2) = 1^2 - 2 = -1

2y - x - 2 = -2

or, x = 2y

Put in the equation,

y^2 = 2y

or, y = 0 , 2

x = 0, 4

Points where the line cuts the parabola = (0,0), (4,2)

Length = sqrt(4^2 + 2^2) = sqrt(16+4) = sqrt(20) = 2*sqrt(5)

Option (d)

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Find the distance of the point (3,4,5) from the plane x+y+z=2 measured parallel to the line 2x=y=z.

The answer is 6 units. I’ll give you hints. Dr’s of the line is ] = 6units 2 +(5-1) 2 +(4-0) 2 Therefore, PN = sqrt[(3-1) So N = (1,0,1) Satisfying this point on the plane gives u=-4 General...

Yash Jain 5 months ago

The answer is 6 units. I’ll give you hints. Dr’s of the line is Therefore, PN = sqrt[(3-1) So N = (1,0,1) Satisfying this point on the plane gives u=-4 General point on this line is..(u/2...

Yash Jain 5 months ago
Vertex of the parabola with focus (a,b) and directrix x/a + y/b = 1

The vertex would lie between the focus and the foot of the perpendicular from the focus to the directrix. Find the foot of perpendicular from the focus to the directri. The vertex will be...
  img
Ravi 6 months ago
If the lines joining origin and point of intersection of curves ax 2 +2hxy+by 2 +2gx=0 and a1x 2 +2h1xy+b1y 2 +2g1x=0 are mutually perpendicular,then prove that- g(a1+b1)=g1(a+b)

a petty question on homogenization of equation. ax 2 +2hxy+by 2 +2gx(1)=0 ...1 a1x 2 +2h1xy+b1y 2 = -2g1x ...2 a1x 2 +2h1xy+b1y 2 /(-2g1x)=1 ...3 now replacing 1 in eq 1 by a1x 2 +2h1xy+b1y...

Agniva Kolay 10 months ago
If P= x 3 - 1/ x 3 and Q=x-1/x , x belongs from 0 to infinity , find the minimum value of P/Q 2

P = x 3 - 1/x 3 =(x-1/x)(x 2 +1/x 2 +1) Q=x – 1/x P/Q 2 when simplified it comes in the form of (x-1/x)+3/(x-1/x) then we can apply A.M greater than or equal to G.M we get the minimum value...

udit maniyar 19 days ago

did u get this after simplification p/q 2 = (x – 1/x) + 3/(x – 1/x)

udit maniyar 16 days ago

if you feel the answer is right then approve it

udit maniyar 19 days ago
Please calculate the integral limit is (0 to pi/4) ∫ln(1+tanx) dx

Dear student, We have: J = ∫ ln { 1 + tan [ (π/4) - x ] } dx ... on [0,π/4] ...= ∫ ln { 1 + [ ( 1 - tan x ) / ( 1 + tan x ) ] } dx ...= ∫ ln { 2 / ( 1 + tan x ) } dx ...=...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 10 months ago
Hello, I would like to ask you that do you only entertain Indians or also other nationalities? Thanks.

this forum is for all over the world student, most of our student are NRIs , so its for all of you.
  img
Sher Mohammad 10 months ago
View all Questions »