DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

The length of the chord of the parabola y2=x which is bisected at the point (2,1) is?

a)51/2     b)4*31/2     c)3*31/2     d)2*51/2

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

T = S1

y-0.5(x+2) = 1^2 - 2 = -1

2y - x - 2 = -2

or, x = 2y

Put in the equation,

y^2 = 2y

or, y = 0 , 2

x = 0, 4

Points where the line cuts the parabola = (0,0), (4,2)

Length = sqrt(4^2 + 2^2) = sqrt(16+4) = sqrt(20) = 2*sqrt(5)

Option (d)

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
which book should i prefer for a detail clerence of concepts in cordinate geometry for iit jee through advanced level

i always advise to use cengage series in math by g tewani this is the book will clear all the concepts in detail at advanced level but there are also a mainy of good books in math for...

Gayatri Jayesh Bondriya 14 days ago
Find the distance of the point (3,4,5) from the plane x+y+z=2 measured parallel to the line 2x=y=z.

The answer is 6 units. I’ll give you hints. Dr’s of the line is ] = 6units 2 +(5-1) 2 +(4-0) 2 Therefore, PN = sqrt[(3-1) So N = (1,0,1) Satisfying this point on the plane gives u=-4...

Yash Jain 7 months ago

The answer is 6 units. I’ll give you hints. Dr’s of the line is Therefore, PN = sqrt[(3-1) So N = (1,0,1) Satisfying this point on the plane gives u=-4 General point on this line is..(u/2...

Yash Jain 7 months ago
is there any formula for finding pt. of intersection between: ax+by+c=0 bx+ay+c=0

Yes, you can apply cross multiplication method(similar to solving determinants). In this eqns, x = -y = 1 . Hence, x=y= -c bc-ac ac-bc a 2 -b2 a+b

Ishan Mistry 7 months ago

how you can say that they intersect at y=x , its for sure that they are symmmetric but i think its only a special case that they intersect at y=x.

daksh 7 months ago

i think that there is a better way , we see that when we replace x with y in any eqn. we get the other one which means that the st. line intersect at y=x line as they are symmeteric about...

Abhishek Singh 7 months ago
the equation sin^4x+cos^4xforall real values of x

HInt. Simplify the given equation using formula (a 2 + b 2 ) = (a+b) 2 – 2ab. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukti 11 days ago

plz post ur complete question

noogler 11 days ago
The minimum value of the polynomial x(x+1)(x+2)(x+3) is: a) 0 b) 9/16 c) -1 d) -3/2 ? Please answer in detail.

HInt: Expand the brackets and use the differnciation method to find it. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukti 26 days ago
Find the integration of the following function from 0 to 2pi [(sin 2n x)/(sin 2n x + cos 2n x)]

bkjbcxmzbnc xz, c,x c ckzbxc,m ,

Jitender Singh one year ago
View all Questions »