Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 280 off
USE CODE: MOB20

The length of the chord of the parabola y2=x which is bisected at the point (2,1) is?

a)51/2     b)4*31/2     c)3*31/2     d)2*51/2

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

T = S1

y-0.5(x+2) = 1^2 - 2 = -1

2y - x - 2 = -2

or, x = 2y

Put in the equation,

y^2 = 2y

or, y = 0 , 2

x = 0, 4

Points where the line cuts the parabola = (0,0), (4,2)

Length = sqrt(4^2 + 2^2) = sqrt(16+4) = sqrt(20) = 2*sqrt(5)

Option (d)

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Analytical Geometry

One of the bisector of the angle between the lines a(x-1) 2 +2h(x-1)(y-2)+b(y-2) 2=0 is x+2y=5.the other bisector is?

You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...

Ankit 15 days ago
a ray of light travelling along the line x + y = 1 is inclined on the x axis and after refraction it enters the other side of the x axis by turning 15 degree away from the x axis. the...

Sorry I missed the figure I am assuming you have an idea about the basic principles of refraction. Now have a look at the figure and it is pretty clear that the slope of the refracted line...
  img
Riddhish Bhalodia 6 months ago

I am assuming you have an idea about the basic principles of refraction. Now have a look at the figure and it is pretty clear that the slope of the refracted line is and we have the point...
  img
Riddhish Bhalodia 6 months ago
A cubic wooden block of density 0.8 gm/cc. When floats in water have exposure of 2cm above the water level. The side of the cube is

if density is 0.8... it means 80% of the block will sink and 20% will float... 20% is 2cm.. it means side of block is 10cm..

Jayakrishna Natarajan 7 months ago
WHAT IS MATHS? WHAT R ITS FUNCTION ?N Y MATHS IS CALL AS KING OF ALL SUBJECT? ALS WHAT IS TRIGONOMETRIC?

the defination of maths is given by so many great scientists.one of this is maths is a science of quality.its function is calculation and thinking.maths some different qualities behind...

NARAYANA 7 months ago
number of quadilaterals that can be made using vertices of a polygon of 10 sides as their vertices and having exactly 2 sides common with polygon.

Hint: Firstly select two sides out of 10 sides of polygon i.e. 10C2 then after selecting this two sides our 3 + 2 vertices are gone, now we are left with 5 more vertices, Out of these 5...
  img
Vijay Mukati 8 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 280 off

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts