Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 420 off
USE CODE: asknikunj

The length of the chord of the parabola y2=x which is bisected at the point (2,1) is?

a)51/2     b)4*31/2     c)3*31/2     d)2*51/2

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

T = S1

y-0.5(x+2) = 1^2 - 2 = -1

2y - x - 2 = -2

or, x = 2y

Put in the equation,

y^2 = 2y

or, y = 0 , 2

x = 0, 4

Points where the line cuts the parabola = (0,0), (4,2)

Length = sqrt(4^2 + 2^2) = sqrt(16+4) = sqrt(20) = 2*sqrt(5)

Option (d)

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Analytical Geometry

Sir, can you please help me to solve question number 4....

kindly , Upload the image as well. I think the student forget to upload the image.
  img
Suraj Prasad one month ago
if two circles have same radius then locus of the centre

The inforrmation for this question is insufficient. same radii circles should align somewhere. They are intersecting non – intesrecting their position are all not given. Check the qsnt. plz ...

Vikas TU 9 days ago
c is the center of the circle. abcd is a square with ac as the radius. e is a point on the circle such that ed is parallel to ac. Find the angle ced. plz answer fast

this is a very good questio ankit i think the value of theta is 22.5 you can solve it by using aleternate interiror angles property.

rshabh 7 months ago

The answer for your question is 22.5 0 all the best for your bright future bye /........................................

Prabhakar ch 6 months ago
modulus operator is a bit tough for me and i cant understand a thing in some questions for eg lim x->0- mod(x)/x=-1; how does this work mod must always be positive right?

Posting again as the there is bug in website which does not properly dispay inequalities. Its not difficult if you visualise it graphically. Search google for desmos graphing calculator and ...

Ajay 19 days ago

Its not difficult if you visualise it graphically. Search google for desmos graphing calculator and plot the graph for this function y= mod(x)/x. You will see why left hand limit for thins...

Ajay 19 days ago
find the maximum and minimum value of g(x) = x^3 + 1 plz reply as fast as you can

the given function is g(x)=x^3+1 for determining maximum and minimum values we have to find out that the given function is increasing or decreasing so differentiate the given function on...

SREEKANTH 2 months ago

g(x) = x^3 + 1 differentiate it g’(x) = 3x^2 = 0 hence slope is always positive. the graph will approach to + infinity and – infinity as x increases and decreases. Therfoore maximum and...

Vikas TU 2 months ago
what is meant by integration????????????????????????/

integration is the act of integrating,it is the act of bringing together smaller components into a single or small type of functions as only one..........

nandini 4 months ago

Integration is the act of bringing together smaller components into a single system that functions as one.

Vaishnavi Patel 4 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off

Get extra R 420 off

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts