ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

if median of triangle are 5 cm 6cm and 7cm then find area of this triangle.

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans:
Let the median length be m1, m2& m3. Then area of triangle A is:
A = \frac{4}{3}\sqrt{S(S-m_{1})(S-m_{2})(S-m_{3})}
where S is
S= \frac{m_{1}+m_{2}+m_{3}}{2}
S= \frac{5+6+7}{2} = 9
A = \frac{4}{3}\sqrt{S(S-m_{1})(S-m_{2})(S-m_{3})}
A = \frac{4}{3}\sqrt{9(9-5)(9-6)(9-7)}
A = \frac{4}{3}\sqrt{9.4.3.2}
A = 8\sqrt{6}
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
9 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Q . A LINE HAS INTERCEPTS “a” AND “b” ON THR COORDINATE AXES. IF KEEPING THE ORIGIN FIXED , THE COORDINATE AXES ARE ROTATED THROUGH 90 0 , THE SAME LINE HAS INTERCEPTS “p” AND “q” , THEN p=a...

What’s wrong with this question? See, you might have been confused about in what manner are the axes rotated whether clockwise or anticlockwise, but the options are eliminating the doubt....

Yash Jain 3 months ago
Find the image of 3x-4y+2=0 with respect to 21x+27y-16=0.

The answer is Option C)12x-5y+2=0

CHANDRA KIRAN 8 days ago
find the equation of the circle through (-2,-4), (6,0) and (1,5)

Hii FInd out equations of two chords using three points. Then find the pair of equations of perpendicular bisectors. Find their point of intersection that will be centre . Find out the value...
  img
Sourabh Singh 5 months ago

hey I have a simpler and unique solution Use family of circles passing through two points and then put third point to get the constant The required circle’s equation will be S + k L = 0...

Kaustubh Nayyar 5 months ago

hii use general equation of circle... x 2 +y 2 +2gx+2fy+c=0 put the given coordinates and you will ger the linear eqn with three variables ...solve them to find g f c then put it on the...

divyansh 5 months ago
Image attached ….....

Hello student, Please find answer to your question Similarly, you can prove for n,
  img
Jitender Singh 8 months ago

Sir explain this solution. I n = d n-1 /dx n-1 [x n-1 + nx n-1 log x ] In = (n-1) d n-2 / dx n-2 x n-2 + n d n-1 / dx n-1 (x n-1 logx) I n = (n-1 ) ! + nI n-1 In – nI n-1 =(n-1)! Proved

milind 8 months ago
Find relation between x and y. cosx+cosy-cos(x+y)=3/2.

Hello Student, cosx+cosy-cos(x+y)=3/2 2cos((x+y)/2)cos((x-y)/2)-2[cos((x+y)/2))]^2-0.5=0 =>2ka-2k^2-0.5=0 =>D=4a^2-4>=0 =>a=1 since its a cos(x-y) whose value is in [-1,1] so x=y...
  img
Arun Kumar 8 months ago
Consider a plane x+y-z=1 and the point A(1,2,-3) A line L has the equation x=1+3r y=2-r z=3+4r Equation of the plane containing the line L and the point A has the equation (A) x-3y+5...

Put any 2 values of r to get the coordinates of any 2 points that lie on the linegiven by x=1+3r y=2-r z=3+4r Let those points be B and C So, we need to the eqn of a plane which contains 3...
  img
Ravi one month ago
View all Questions »