if median of triangle are 5 cm 6cm and 7cm then find area of this triangle.

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans:
Let the median length be m1, m2& m3. Then area of triangle A is:
A = \frac{4}{3}\sqrt{S(S-m_{1})(S-m_{2})(S-m_{3})}
where S is
S= \frac{m_{1}+m_{2}+m_{3}}{2}
S= \frac{5+6+7}{2} = 9
A = \frac{4}{3}\sqrt{S(S-m_{1})(S-m_{2})(S-m_{3})}
A = \frac{4}{3}\sqrt{9(9-5)(9-6)(9-7)}
A = \frac{4}{3}\sqrt{9.4.3.2}
A = 8\sqrt{6}
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
4 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
two lines 5x-12 y=10 and 5x-12y=40 touches a circle C1 of diameter 6 if the centre of C1 lies in the first quadrant , find the equation of the circle C2 which is concentric with C1 and cuts...

in your question no circle with the given diameter can touch both the given lines Thanks and Regards, M.MURALIKRISHNA askIITians faculty
  img
MuraliKrishna Medavaram 8 months ago

Distance between 2 parallel lines (in this case the given lines) is given by : (c1-c2) / (a^2+b^2)^1/2 [where c1 and c2 are constants]. In this case the distance between the parallel lines...

Ansh Arora 8 months ago
What are complex numbers? I mean what is their significance?

Imaginary/complex numbers are multiples of i. Like 2i, 4i, 2.881i etc... They arise because not all equations can be solved by using only real numbers. Real numbers are all numbers ranging...
  img
bharat bajaj 7 months ago

Imaginary/complex numbers are multiples of i. Like 2i, 4i, 2.881i etc... They arise because not all equations can be solved by using only real numbers. Real numbers are all numbers ranging...
  img
bharat bajaj 7 months ago
find the angle between the two st lines 3x=4y+7 and 5y=12x+6 and also the equations to the two lines which pass through the point (4,5) and make equal angles with the two given lines

Ans: Hello student, Please find answer to your question below …...........(1) ............(2) Angle b/w two lines: Let the slope of the lines be ‘m’ which make equal angle...
  img
Jitender Singh 3 months ago
The slope of the tangent to a curve y=f(x) at (x, f(x)) is 2x+1. If the curve passes through the point (1,2), then the area of the region bounded by the curve, the x-axis and the line x=1 is...

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Slope of the curve at any point x Integrate both sides It is passing through (1, 2) Area bounded by curve in the given region:
  img
Jitender Singh 3 months ago
cos^2a-6sinacosa+3sin^2a+2

Ans: For maxima: when Maximum value: Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh IIT Delhi askIITians Faculty
  img
Jitender Singh 4 months ago
here ,a,b.c are vectors.

What is the relation of a,b,c ? Does it say a-b-c=0 ? what do we need to find ? Pls define the question properly. Thanks & Regards Sunil Kumar, askIITians Faculty M.Sc., IIT Kharagpur
  img
Sunil Kumar 11 months ago
View all Questions »