if median of triangle are 5 cm 6cm and 7cm then find area of this triangle.

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans:
Let the median length be m1, m2& m3. Then area of triangle A is:
A = \frac{4}{3}\sqrt{S(S-m_{1})(S-m_{2})(S-m_{3})}
where S is
S= \frac{m_{1}+m_{2}+m_{3}}{2}
S= \frac{5+6+7}{2} = 9
A = \frac{4}{3}\sqrt{S(S-m_{1})(S-m_{2})(S-m_{3})}
A = \frac{4}{3}\sqrt{9(9-5)(9-6)(9-7)}
A = \frac{4}{3}\sqrt{9.4.3.2}
A = 8\sqrt{6}
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
4 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
prove that four straight lines represented by the equation 12x 2 +7xy -12y 2 =0 and 12x 2 +7xy -12y 2 -x +7y -10 form a square

Hello Student, 12x2+7xy -12y2=0 12x2+7xy -12y2-x +7y -10 with first x=(-7y +- yroot(49+144*4))/24 you will get 2 lines from here with second do the same thing x=(-7y+1 +- root((7y-1)^2...
  img
Arun Kumar 4 months ago
If each of the points (x1,4) , (-2,y1) lies on the line joining the points (2,-1),(5,-3) then the point P(x1,y1) lies on the lines ? Give the equation of that line.

equation of line joining (2,-1),(5,-3) is: 2x + 3y -1 = 0 Now (x1,4) , (-2,y1) lie on 2x + 3y -1 = 0. So it will satisfy. 2x 1 + 3*4 -1 = 0 and 2*-2 + 3y 1 -1 = 0 x 1 =-11/2 and y 1 = 5/3...
  img
Nishant Vora 9 days ago

Sir,Actually they are asking on which line x1,y1 lies :) ?

Aditya Pati 9 days ago
If from a variable point ‘P’ on the line x-2y+1=0 pair of tangents are drawn to the parabola y 2 =8x then prove that the chord of contact passes through a fixed point, also find...

Let the point be (h,k) then h - 2k + 1 = 0 ----- (1) equation of chord of contact will be T = 0, i.e, yk = 8 (x + h)/2 yk = 4x + 4h ---- (2) Put value of h from equation (1) into equation...
  img
Pratik Tibrewal 9 months ago
how to find angle made by vector with x-axis

Say the vector is A. Take dot product with i cap. A.i = |A| . 1 . cos B You know how to calculate A.i. Hence, cos B = A.i/|A| B is the angle with x axis Thanks Bharat Bajaj IIT Delhi...
  img
bharat bajaj 6 months ago
At what values of 'a' do all the zeroes of the function, f(x) = (a-2)x 2 + 2ax + a + 3 lie on the interval (-2, 1)?

Hi, You need to consider 2 cases here. Case 1 : Take a-2>0 Now the concavity is upwards, draw the desired graph and think about the conditions. We need f(-2)>0 f(1)>0 \ But this is...
  img
Yash Baheti one month ago

The answer includes {2} . But leading coeff. is not equal to 0. Am i right ???

piyush soni one month ago
A rocket moves horizontally with a constant velocity ‘u’ at a height ‘L’. A guided missile is fired vertically with a speed ‘v’ when the rocket passes above it. Assuming that the missile...

Hello Student, We’ll do this by concept of relativity. rel_dis=L rel_vel=v =>t=L/v Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 3 months ago
View all Questions »