if median of triangle are 5 cm 6cm and 7cm then find area of this triangle.

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Ans:
Let the median length be m1, m2& m3. Then area of triangle A is:
A = \frac{4}{3}\sqrt{S(S-m_{1})(S-m_{2})(S-m_{3})}
where S is
S= \frac{m_{1}+m_{2}+m_{3}}{2}
S= \frac{5+6+7}{2} = 9
A = \frac{4}{3}\sqrt{S(S-m_{1})(S-m_{2})(S-m_{3})}
A = \frac{4}{3}\sqrt{9(9-5)(9-6)(9-7)}
A = \frac{4}{3}\sqrt{9.4.3.2}
A = 8\sqrt{6}
Thanks & Regards
Jitender Singh
IIT Delhi
askIITians Faculty
one month ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Find the locus of the focus of an ellipse with major axis 4 and Minor axis 2, which touches both the co-ordinate axes... Kindly Answer My question.... And also the one that I have posted...

Thanks and Regards, Ajay verma, askIITians faculty, IIT HYDERABAD
  img
Ajay Verma 5 months ago

Sir, What if the ellipse touches the co-ordinate axes not in the way that you have mentioned but in a slanted way, ie., such that the major axis makes some angle with the x-axis (like when...

Pranjal K 5 months ago
If two tangents to the parabola y 2 =4ax from a point P make an angle θ 1 and θ 2 with the axis of the parabola, then find the locus of P if cosθ 1 cosθ 2 =λ...

Let the equation of tangent in slope form be y= mx + a/m Let point P be (h,k) hence this point will satisfy the line there fore: k = mh + a/m or mh^2 - km + a = 0 (a quadratic in 'm' which...
  img
Pratik Tibrewal 6 months ago
What are complex numbers? I mean what is their significance?

Imaginary/complex numbers are multiples of i. Like 2i, 4i, 2.881i etc... They arise because not all equations can be solved by using only real numbers. Real numbers are all numbers ranging...
  img
bharat bajaj 3 months ago

Imaginary/complex numbers are multiples of i. Like 2i, 4i, 2.881i etc... They arise because not all equations can be solved by using only real numbers. Real numbers are all numbers ranging...
  img
bharat bajaj 3 months ago
FIND THE MAXIMUM AND MINIMUM VALUE OF COSEC 2 x + SIN 2 x

hi abhisek AM>= G.M is a very important inequality you must know although i am sending the solution PFA YOU CAN ALSO JOIN ASKIITIANS FOR FURTHER ASSISTANCE We help you in your IIT JEE...

jitender lakhanpal 11 months ago

hi abhisek value of sin^2x + cos^2 x = 1 i.e constant so it''s min and max value is 1 only We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation. Now you can win by answering...

hi abhisek minimum value is 2 we can find that by AM > = G M inequality and max value will be + infinity at x = 0 the range of this expression is [ 2 , infinity [ at x = 90 deg and x = 0...

Find the value of `a` for which the function f(x)=cos(x)-sin(x)+a(x)+b is decreasing.

we know that f(x) is decreasing for all real values of x if f'(x)<0 f'(x)=-cosx-sinx+a<0 a<sinx+cosx minimum value of sinx+cosx is -root2 so a should be less than -root2 Thanks...
  img
Sunil Raikwar 4 months ago
prove that the function f:R on Rdefined as f(x) = (x-1)(x-2)(x-3) is onto but not one - one.let a real valued function f be defined as f(x) = e to the power x + e to the power -x/e to the...

hi A1) f:R ON R means domain R is mapped to codoamin R it''s domain is R and range also is R (it''s a polynomial function it''s domain and range both are R) so range = codomain that''s why...

jitender lakhanpal 10 months ago

For first part, notice that f(+inf) = inf and f(-inf) = -inf Since f is continuous, therefore all points in (-inf, +inf) have a pre-image. So function is onto. Its not one-to-one because...

India VK 10 months ago
View all Questions »