In case of medians
Remember the following formulae

Arun Kumar
IIT Delhi
Askiitians Faculty
one year ago

Post Your Answer

The point nearest to the focus on parabola y^2 = 4ax has its abscissa =

Hello student, Let P(x, y) be the required point on the parabola which is nearest to the focus. Then D = √(x – a) 2 + y 2 Now, y 2 = 4ax So , D = √(x - a) 2 + 4ax =...
  img
Latika Leekha 5 months ago
I was having trouble solving this question: If the coordinates of a point p be (aCosθ, bSinθ) whereθ is a variable quantity, find locuss of p. I really dont understand how to solve such...

the ans is (x/a) 2 +(y/b) 2 =1 it is simple u just need to eliminate θ and for that take x=acosθ and y=bsinθ so cosθ=x/a and sinθ=y/b now since cos 2 θ + sin 2 θ=1 we get (x/a) 2 +(y/b) 2...

Nicho priyatham 2 months ago

Well that was simple! I guess I’ll just get some practice and would get a hang of it. Thanks!

Jyotinder Singh 2 months ago
If (-2,6) is the image of the point (4,2) with respect to line L=0, then L=0 a) 6x-4y-7=0 ​b) 2x+3y-5=0 c) 3x-2y+5=0 ​d) 3x-2y+10=0

Given, (-2,6) is the image of the point (4,2) w.r.t. L=0. So, L=0 is the perpendicular bisector of (-2,6) , (4,2). Therefore, L=0 is (-2-4)x+(6-2)y = [(-2) 2 +6 2 ]-{4 2 +2 2 ]/2. So,...

CHANDRA KIRAN 5 months ago

If you feel that the above meathod is lengthy or complicated you can directly go from options by checking each option.

CHANDRA KIRAN 5 months ago
5 ∫ 0 (x + 1) dx

integration of x+1 from 0 t0 5 is equal to ((x^2)/2)+x) from 0 to 5 =((5^2)/2+5)-0 =((25/2)+5) =35/2 =17.5

Miryala Gopalakrishna 10 months ago

Ans:- 5 ∫ 0 (x+1)dx =[(x 2 /2)+x] 0 5 =(25/2)+5 =(25+10)/2 =35/2

Anusha 10 months ago
If a rigid body is rotating about an axis passing through the point 2î- j-k and parallel to î-2j+2k with an angular velocity 3 radians/sec, then find the velocity of the point of the rigid...

In this problem, we would like to have the velocity of the point whose position vector is (r = 2î+3j-4k.) along the axis of vector (î-2j+2k). V point = V cm + r sin@ w (where,...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 6 months ago
Integrate ∫sin(lnx)dx Please reply soon.

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Use ILATE rule, we have
  img
Jitender Singh one year ago

Thank u very much.

Lovey one year ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers