A closed cone is placed with water half of its height as shown below in fig 1 . If it will completely revolved then water goes down and height will change . So at what height from the base water will stay? Find X.

94_47067_Untitled 1.gif

2109_47067_Untitled.gif

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
if a parabola whose length of latus rectum is 4a touches the coordinate axes the find the locus of its focus

please check the attached file
  img
Sunil Raikwar 9 months ago

Let (h,k) be the focus of the hyperbola, since it touches the axis tangent at the vertex should be and the equation of its directrix should be and the perpendicular distance from direcrtrix...

sunil raikwar 9 months ago

Hi Pranjal, There is slight technical issue. Please post these questions again in analytical Geometry. We will upload the answers for the same. askIITians Faculty

sunil raikwar 9 months ago
What is the significance of bilinear transformation??

The Bilinear transform is a mathematical relationship which can be used to convert the transfer function of a particular filter in the complex Laplace domain into the z-domain, and...
  img
bharat bajaj 7 months ago

can u please elaborate??

Meenakshi Naidu 7 months ago
The no. of points on the line 3x+4y=5 which are at a distance of sec^2? +2cosec^2?,? belongs to R from the point (1,3).

Kindly define the question properly,too many question marks in between expression.
  img
Sunil Kumar 11 months ago

Hi Kindly clarify the question. What does the question mark represent ?
  img
Sunil Kumar 11 months ago
If a+b=c, prove that cos^2 a+cos^2b+cos^2c =1+2cosacosbcosc

cos^2a +cos^2b+cos^2c= (1+cos2a)/2+(1+cos2b)/2+cos^2c =1+(1/2)*(2cos(a+b)cos(a-b) +cos^2c (since a+b+c = 0) =1 + cos(-c)cos(a-b)+cos^2c (since cos(-a) = cosa) =1+cos(c)cos(a-b)+cos^2c...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 4 months ago
If the equation z 3 +(3+i)z 2 -3z- (m+i)=0, where m is a real number, has at least one real root, then m can have the value equal to Answer: 1 or 5

Let a,b,c be the roots. If a is real, (b,c are conjugates) a+b+c=3+i abc=m+i ab+bc+ca=-3 Use this information and solve for m....
  img
Ravi 13 days ago

Solution:

mycroft holmes 12 days ago
if the light velocity is a vector quantity, why vector addition cannot be applied to it?

Dear student, Velocity of light like other velocities, is a vector quantity. So, in vector addition, veloicty of light is going to be added vectorially. Moreover, the velocity of light has a...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 2 months ago
View all Questions »