Q)Direction cosines of 2 lines are connected by the relation:-al+bm+cn=0 & fmn+gnl+hlm=0.Find the condition that these 2 lines will be (a)perpendicular (b)parellel

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Find the equation of the line passing through the inersection of lines x-y+1=0 and 2x-3y+5=0 and whose distance from the point (3,2) is 7/5.

Hello Student, Please find the solution Here you can use the concept of family of lines The equation of the line passing through the inersection of lines x-y+1=0 and 2x-3y+5=0 can be assumed...
  img
Nishant Vora 3 months ago
A straight line through p(2,3) inclined at an angle 60 degrees with positive y axis in clockwise direction.The co-ordinates of one of the points on it at a distance 4 units from P is.?

solution: as shown.. the equn of the line (x – x 1 ) / cos A = ( y – y 1 ) / sin A = R where A = angle of inclination with X-axis R = distance of the point on the line so ( x...
  img
Ajay Verma 4 months ago
A particle begins at the origin and moves successively, 1 unit to the right, 1/2 unit up, 1/4 unit to the left, 1/8 unit down, 1/16 unit to the right, 1/32 unit up etc.The length of each...

ans: total displacement in X direction : step-1 : 1 unit right (+ve X direction) step-3 : 1/2 2 unit left (-ve X deirction) step-5: 1/2 4 unit right ( +ve X direction) step-7 : 1/2 6 unit (...
  img
Ajay Verma 10 months ago

x coordinate = 1-(1/4)+(1/16)-(1/64)....... y coordinate = (1/2) -(1/8) + (1/32) ......... converge the above two series to get the X and Y as the result of converging coordinate Thanks...
  img
Saurabh Singh 10 months ago
If the equation z 3 +(3+i)z 2 -3z- (m+i)=0, where m is a real number, has at least one real root, then m can have the value equal to Answer: 1 or 5

Let a,b,c be the roots. If a is real, (b,c are conjugates) a+b+c=3+i abc=m+i ab+bc+ca=-3 Use this information and solve for m....
  img
Ravi one month ago

Solution:

mycroft holmes one month ago
(*) If cosec theta – sin theta = m, sec theta – cos theta = n then (m square n)^2/3 + (m . n square)^2/3 =

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below cosec Ø – sinØ = m => cos 2 Ø/ sin Ø = m secØ – cosØ = n => sin 2...
  img
Nishant Vora 3 months ago
Quito a city in ecuador and kampala a city in uganda both lie on the equator. The longitude of quito is 82 degree 30 minutes west and that of kampala is 37 degree 30 minutes east.what is the...

Both the points lie on the equator, so forget about the earth. Think of just a equatorial circle. a) Say A is Quito and B is Kampala. Angle subtended by A at the centre of circle = - 82...
  img
bharat bajaj 6 months ago
View all Questions »