from the origin,chords are drawn to the circle square(x-1) +square(y)=1.the equation of the locus of the mid pt. of these chord is....

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

x^2+y^2=x

2 years ago

O(0,0) lies on the circle.

general form of any point on this circle is given by (-g+r(cosØ),-f+r(sinØ)) hence here it is P(1+1(cosØ),1(sinØ)).

thus for mid pt. of chord OP:

x= (0+1+1cosØ)/2 =>(1+cosØ)/2    (1)

y=sinØ/2;     (2)

from (1) and (2), (cosØ)^2= (2x-1)^2,   (3)

(sinØ)^2=(2y)^2;     (4)

adding (3) and (4)

sqr(2x-1)+sqr(2y)=1,

or x^2 +y^2-x=0 ,which is the required eq.

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
A ray of light coming from the point (1,2) is reflected at a point A on the x-axis and then passes through the point (5,3). What are the co-ordinates of point A?

Hello Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 4 months ago

Assume the x-axis to be a mirror. take the image of (1,2) in x-axis i.e(1,-2). as we know that reflected ray when extended back passes through the image of a point on incident ray i.e...

siddharth gupta 4 months ago
Given two straight lines AB and AC whose equations are 3x + 4y = 5 and 4x – 3y = 15 respectively. Then the possible equation of line BC through (1, 2), such that ABC is isosceles, is L1 = 0...

Equation of the line BC passing through (1,2) with slope ‘m’ is (y-2) = m(x-2) Since ABC is isosceles, angle B = angle C. using Cos(theta) formula for finding angle between the lines AB,BC &...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 3 months ago
find the sum of all the natural numbers between 1 and 200 which are neither divisible by 2 nor5

sum of odd terms from 1to 199 number of terms is =100 (tn=a +(n-1)d)a=1;d=2;tn=199 Sn(odd)=n/2[a+l]=50*200=10000 now deduct the term which are multiples of 5 a=5 d=10 tn=>195=5+(n-1)10...

gajanana hegde one year ago

1+2+............+200=n/2(a+l)=200/2(1+200)=100(201)=20100-10100(div by 2)=10000, 10000-(5+15+......195)=10000-20/2(5+195)=10000-2000=8000

srinivas aytha one year ago
Integrate ∫(sinx/cos 2 x) dx

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago
Does Average Velocity have Direction?

DEAR VARUN , I DON''T THINK AVERAGE VELOCITY HAS DIRECTION IT ONLY HAS MAGNITUDE APPROVE IF MY ANSWER IS RIGHT PLEASE

Revanth - - one year ago

Yes - just like any velocity, average velocity is a vector and has a direction associated with it. Speed, on the other hand is only an intensive property which has no specific direction...

yours katarnak Suresh one year ago

yes,because velocity is a vector quantity which have magnitude and direction both.Therefore average velocity also has direction.

Abhijeet Singh one year ago
There are two inclined planes , each inclined to the horizontal at an angle theta. A particle is projected from a point midway between the foot of the two planes so that it grazes one of the...

Hello Student, Can you post the image to this question i’m not able to visulize your situation. Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 4 months ago

Dear student, Please elaborate on the question by putting a figure. Regards Sumit
  img
Sumit Majumdar 4 months ago

I am not able to post the image

Parv mor 4 months ago
View all Questions »