Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 280 off
USE CODE: CART20

from the origin,chords are drawn to the circle square(x-1) +square(y)=1.the equation of the locus of the mid pt. of these chord is....

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

x^2+y^2=x

4 years ago

O(0,0) lies on the circle.

general form of any point on this circle is given by (-g+r(cosØ),-f+r(sinØ)) hence here it is P(1+1(cosØ),1(sinØ)).

thus for mid pt. of chord OP:

x= (0+1+1cosØ)/2 =>(1+cosØ)/2    (1)

y=sinØ/2;     (2)

from (1) and (2), (cosØ)^2= (2x-1)^2,   (3)

(sinØ)^2=(2y)^2;     (4)

adding (3) and (4)

sqr(2x-1)+sqr(2y)=1,

or x^2 +y^2-x=0 ,which is the required eq.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Permutations and combination: the no of times the digit 5is written while listing integers from 1to 1000

Hint: Count the number of times 5 occurs between 1 to 1000.
  img
Vijay Mukati 10 months ago
What is the product of length of perpendicular drawn from any point on the hyperbola to its asymtotes. ..given only a and b...

Dear Student, For the hyperbola x 2 /a 2 – y 2 /b 2 = 1 , Te two asymptotes are given by x/a + y/b = 0 or x/a- y/b=0. We can rewrite these as bx + ay = 0 and bx – ay = 0...
  img
Vijay Mukati 4 months ago
Is Dr. kc sinha good for coordinate geometry for preparing iit jee ? from your point of view which book you thought best for coordinate geometry?

His book is really good to build concepts. However, to practice more problems similar to what would be asked in IIT JEE, you need to take help from study material of reputed coachings like...

Nishant Sinha 6 months ago

in my view sl loney coordinate geometry is the best book for coordinate geometry as it covers all topic required for iitjjee and many previous year questions have come directly from this...

Himanshu 6 months ago

in my opinion you must try arihant intead of k.c.sinha... as it has proved to be one of the best books in market since many years

satyam 6 months ago
ques is in image

HEY aman there may be some problem while uploading que image so post it again i will try to solve it

ng29 one year ago

there is no image post it again approve if useful

ng29 one year ago
differentiate (x+2)sin3x/ x 3 +cot 2 x with respect to x

Dear Student, In this problem you will need to use the formula for differentiation of two functions in division i.e. d/dx (1/2) = 2(d/dx (1)) – 1 (d/dx(2)) / (2 2 ) . Also you need to...
  img
Vijay Mukati 2 months ago

) . Also you need to apply chain rule simultaneously.Thanks.or 2 n this problem you will need to use the formula for differentiation of two functions in division i.e. d/dx (1/2) = 2(d/dx...

siva prasad reddy 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 280 off

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts