Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 280 off
USE CODE: MOB20

from the origin,chords are drawn to the circle square(x-1) +square(y)=1.the equation of the locus of the mid pt. of these chord is....

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

x^2+y^2=x

4 years ago

O(0,0) lies on the circle.

general form of any point on this circle is given by (-g+r(cosØ),-f+r(sinØ)) hence here it is P(1+1(cosØ),1(sinØ)).

thus for mid pt. of chord OP:

x= (0+1+1cosØ)/2 =>(1+cosØ)/2    (1)

y=sinØ/2;     (2)

from (1) and (2), (cosØ)^2= (2x-1)^2,   (3)

(sinØ)^2=(2y)^2;     (4)

adding (3) and (4)

sqr(2x-1)+sqr(2y)=1,

or x^2 +y^2-x=0 ,which is the required eq.

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

What is the area of the triangle formed by the the asymptote of a hyperbola and any tangent to the hyperbola

Dear Student, Hint: Find the two points of intersections of tangents with the asymptotes to get the two vertexes. And third vertex is the centre of hyperbola. Now Use these three pints to...
  img
Vijay Mukati 4 months ago

the area of the triangle formed by the the asymptote of a hyperbola and any tangent to the hyperbola is constant and is equal to the product of (semi major axis)*(semi minior axis) for...

neena 4 months ago
if | z – 4 | + | z – [12/5] | = 10 represents an ellipse , then what is its eccentricity?

I am assuming that [12/5] is the greatest integer function, which will change the equation to |z-4| + |z-2| = 10 Now Interpreting this as an ellipse is simple, basically the equation can be...
  img
Riddhish Bhalodia 3 months ago
how to study the logarithms table

Assuming that you have a table of 4-figure logarithms to base 10 (known as Common Logarithms) with numbers 10 to 99 down the left hand column, and 1-9 across the top of the main columns,...
  img
Avinash 9 months ago

GO TO LINK AND EXPLORE

Aakash 9 months ago
shortest distance between the skew lines r=(i+2j+3k)+t(i+3j+2k) and r=(4i+5j+6k)+(2i+3j+k) is?

for shortest distance between skew lines we use a formula d=(a2-a1).(b1*b2)/mod(b1*b2) where a1 and a2 are points from which the given two lines are passing b1 and b2 are direction ratios...

ng29 one year ago

use formula d=(a2-a1).(b1*b2)/mod(b1*b2) approve if useful

ng29 one year ago
Is there any direct formula relating the sides of a triangle and it's area in vectors

the area of a triangle in vector form is A=|ab*ac|1/2 for any queries send me mail to my username ths is given in some book that is the area of a triangle in vector form if it is wrong iam...

Rock Guitarian 4 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off
USE CODE: sharma20

Get extra R 280 off
USE CODE: MOB20

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts