ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

the locus of the center of the circle which cuts orthogonally the circle x2 +y2-20x +4=0 and which touches x=2 is

3 years ago

Answers : (3)

x2+y2+2gx+2fy+c=0

condition for orthogonal,
2*g*10=c+4
perpendicular fron center to x=2 is radius..
f2=22g
put g=-x and f=-y
hence,y2=-22x
3 years ago
                                        sorry,there was one mistake in above solution.

Ans. Is y^2=16x.
3 years ago

how?plz tell me..urgent plz..

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
find the equation of the circle through (-2,-4), (6,0) and (1,5)

Hii FInd out equations of two chords using three points. Then find the pair of equations of perpendicular bisectors. Find their point of intersection that will be centre . Find out the value...
  img
Sourabh Singh 5 months ago

hey I have a simpler and unique solution Use family of circles passing through two points and then put third point to get the constant The required circle’s equation will be S + k L = 0...

Kaustubh Nayyar 5 months ago

hii use general equation of circle... x 2 +y 2 +2gx+2fy+c=0 put the given coordinates and you will ger the linear eqn with three variables ...solve them to find g f c then put it on the...

divyansh 5 months ago
The number of points (x,y) (where x and y both are perfect squares of integers) on the parabola y^2=px,p being a prime number, is ?

y 2 = px y = sqrt(px) Since x & y are perfect square integers, sqrt(x) is an integer. Since p is a prime no., sqrt(p) is an irrational no. The point which satisfies the given condition is...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 7 months ago
If the distance between circumcentre and orthocentre of triangle whose vertices are (1,5) (2,3) (4,4) is k/√10 then sum of abscissa of points which are k distance away from the point (3,2)...

A (1,5) B (2,3) C (4,4) AB= √5 units BC=√5 units AC= √10 units Hence given triangle is right angled triangle ( AB2 + BC2 = AC2) at B Orthocenter is B only CIrcumcenter for...
  img
Harsh Patodia 6 months ago
given a,b,c are three vectors, then [a,b,c] is not equal to? a) [a,c,b] b)[c,a,b] c) -[a,c,b] acc to me (a) is not equal since it is not cylic permutated.. but in the answer key (c) is the...

[a,b,c]=a*(b*c) [a,c,b]=a*(c*b)=-(a*(b*c))=-[a,b,c]
  img
Arun Kumar 10 months ago

what is your answer. i didnt get it

RAJAT CHHABRA 10 months ago
​Q. IF f ( x ) IS A DIFFERENTIABLE FUNCTION AND f ’ ( x ) = log 1/3 ( log 3 ( sin x + a) ) , THEN FIND THE INTERVAL OF ‘’a’’ SO THAT f ( x ) IS DECREASING FOR ALL REAL VALUES OF x .

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below If the f(x) is decreasing, then ............(1) Also for the domain of logarithm function, …......(2) Combining (1) and...
  img
Jitender Singh 6 months ago

but i think a > 4 as a =3 doesnt satisfy the equation.

bharat makkar 6 months ago
Find doamin of f(x) g(x)=|sinx|+sinx h(x)=sinx+cosx , x is in b/w 0 to pi f(x)=(logh(x) g(x))1/2 log is in square root answer is pi/6,pi/2 pls give two solution graph and analytical. thanks

Ans: 1st Part: 2nd Part: 1st Condition: …...........(1) 2nd Condition: …...............(2) Final Solution: Intersection of (1) & (2) Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh IIT...
  img
Jitender Singh 9 months ago
View all Questions »