Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

the locus of the center of the circle which cuts orthogonally the circle x2 +y2-20x +4=0 and which touches x=2 is

4 years ago

Answers : (4)

condition for orthogonal,
perpendicular fron center to x=2 is radius..
put g=-x and f=-y
4 years ago
										sorry,there was one mistake in above solution.

Ans. Is y^2=16x.
4 years ago

how?plz tell me..urgent plz..

4 years ago
Let required circle be x2+y2+2gx+2fy=0---(1)
Apply orthogonal condition (2gg'+2ff'=c+c') to above circle and to x2+y2-20x+4=0
We will get -20g=c+4---(2)
Then apply perpendicular distance from centre (1) i.e (-g,-f) to give line x-2 
Then we will get g+2 this is equal to radius of (1) i.e √g2+f2-c
By equating them   f2-4g=c+4--(3)
So (2)=(3) then f2=-16g
Locus of (-x,-y) by sub y2=16x
one month ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Analytical Geometry

the variable line xcosa+ysina=2 cuts the x and y axes at A and B respectively.Find the locus of the vertex P of the rectangle OAPB,O being the origin.
Intercepts of x and y axes respectively are: 2seca and 2coseca. Let P(h,k) be the coordinates. then from rectangle property, h = 2/cosa and k = 2/sina or cosa = 2/h and sina = 2/k squaring...
Vikas TU 23 days ago
A ray of light coming from the point (1,2) is reflected at a point A on the y-axis and then passes through the point (5,3). What are the co-ordinates of point A?
Dear Student Here you should take three cases Case (1) Point is at origin, Case (2) Point is above origin (0,y) , y>0 Case (3) Point is below origin (0,y), y<0 And for all the three...
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago
Find the reflection of point (1,2) w.r.t y-axis. By simple geometry you will find that point of reflection of (1,2) i.e. (-1,2) , point A and (5,3) are collinear. So you can easily find the ...
Bhasker Goel 3 months ago
If sinx + sin 2 x + sin 3 x = 1,then find the value of cos 6 x - 4cos 4 x + 8cos 2 x.
Write sinx + sin 2 x + sin 3 x = 1, as: sinx + sin 3 x = 1 – sin 2 x Now squaring both sides, U would get, sin^6x + sin^4x + 3sin^2x = 1 and write each sin^2x to (1-cos^2x) => (1-cos^2x) ^3 ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
lt 1/n[tanpie/4n+tan2pie/4n+.....+tan npie/4n] n-infinity
This questions is from integration as a limit of sum This quantity is equivalent to Thanks
Nishant Vora 2 months ago
how to solve this please explain in detail and do not ignore me.
your question is very important to us and ans is very important to you i will tell you how to do this
sahil sharma 3 months ago
the image is invalid nc piajlskcnSLIDUCBwpviu WVIJN sdckndsfoIHFIJnfpQHFijnv isddV WUPNVwjefP WVwijvnSIDJVNdsip j vnPWJwipubvwjo vnWP IUBHwobWORHB wpovn
Shubhang Arora 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn