ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

the locus of the center of the circle which cuts orthogonally the circle x2 +y2-20x +4=0 and which touches x=2 is

3 years ago

Answers : (3)

x2+y2+2gx+2fy+c=0

condition for orthogonal,
2*g*10=c+4
perpendicular fron center to x=2 is radius..
f2=22g
put g=-x and f=-y
hence,y2=-22x
3 years ago
                                        sorry,there was one mistake in above solution.

Ans. Is y^2=16x.
3 years ago

how?plz tell me..urgent plz..

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
what is delta in conditions for pair of lines?

delta=0 h 2 -ab>0 pair of intersecting at lines h 2 -ab delta is not eq to 0 a=b , h=0 circle h 2 =ab parabola h 2 -ab h 2 -ab>0 hyperbola approve if useful

ng29 11 days ago

delta=abc+2fgh-af 2 -bg 2 -ch 2 =0 for pair f st.lines delta is not zero for parabola,hyperbola,circle,ellipse

Svbsmanyam 11 days ago

oh really tell me which are those points that are left????????????????????????????????????/

ng29 10 days ago
Given two points a = (-2,0) and b =(0,4 ) the coordinate of a point M lying on the line 2x-3y=9 so that permeter of triangle amb is least , is

GIVEN QUESTION CAN BE SOLVED USING A.M-G.M INEQUALITY FOR PERIMETER TO BE MINIMUM AM +BM SHOULD BE MINIMUM i.e AM=BM OR SIMPLY M LIES ON PERPENDICULAR BISECTOR OF AB AND LINE2x-3y=9 i.e...

siddharth gupta 10 months ago
Vertices of triangle are ( 3,4),(5cos@,5sin@)and (5sin@,-5cos@,) where @ belongs to r .locus of its orthocentre is

its quite easy but long also as cordinates of all vertices are given u can find eq of line pasising through vertex and perpendicular to base as its slope will be negative reciprocal of the...

ng29 15 days ago
intigret cos2x.sin4x/cos^4x(1+cos^2 2x)

cos2x sin4x/[cos 4 x(1+cos 2 2x)] can be written as tanx – 16cos 3 x sin 3 x / [cos 4 x(3+cos4x)] ∫tanx dx = sec 2 x put cos 4 x/(3+cos4x) = t then – 16cos 3 xsin 3 x/(3+cos4x) 2 dx = dt ∫–...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 8 months ago

Sorry, Pl. ignore, this is a wrong solution

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 8 months ago
What does the following mean? Three planes can intersect coaxially , implies that system of equations in 3 variables having infinite solutions.

Hii Yes coaxial planes are parallel. Hence there will be infinite solutions to the system of equations. Best of Luck
  img
Sourabh Singh 3 months ago
find the eqn of the circle which passes through the points (3,-2) , (-2,0) and has the centre on the line 2x-y =3

Lemme give you some hints. See, for a circle, the perpendicular drawn to any of its chord passes through its center. Also, it bisects the chord. So if we find a perpendicular line which is...

Yash Jain 4 months ago

the equation of a family of circles passing through the given pts are (x-3)(x+2)+(y+2)y+k(5y+2x+4)=0 where k is a parameter the centre of circle is 1-2k/2 , -(5k+2)/2 Since this lies on the...

Abhishek Singh 4 months ago
View all Questions »