the locus of the center of the circle which cuts orthogonally the circle x2 +y2-20x +4=0 and which touches x=2 is

3 years ago

Answers : (3)

x2+y2+2gx+2fy+c=0

condition for orthogonal,
2*g*10=c+4
perpendicular fron center to x=2 is radius..
f2=22g
put g=-x and f=-y
hence,y2=-22x
3 years ago
                                        sorry,there was one mistake in above solution.

Ans. Is y^2=16x.
2 years ago

how?plz tell me..urgent plz..

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Vertex of the parabola with focus (a,b) and directrix x/a + y/b = 1

The vertex would lie between the focus and the foot of the perpendicular from the focus to the directrix. Find the foot of perpendicular from the focus to the directri. The vertex will be...
  img
Ravi 2 months ago
find orthocenter of triangle A(2^(1/2) 3) B(3,3) C(5^(1/2),6) where circumcenter is (0,0)

Pl. check this problem. The circumcentre for the given triangle cannot be (0,0). Also, for finding orthocentre, circumcentre is not required.

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 5 months ago
If the orthocentre of a triangle is at (4,5) and the centroid is at (3,3), where is the circumcentre located? Answer is (2.5,2). Please explain.

so.. centroid is dividing Orhtocentre and circumcentre in 2:1 internally use section formula if the circumcentre is (x, y) for X-coordinate: 3 = (4*1 + 2* x)/ 3 ….....(1) 9 =(4*1 + 2*...
  img
Ajay Verma 6 months ago
if A vector travels 3ms -1 and B vector travels 4ms -1 Find | R | after an minute? if their direction between A and B is 76 degree.

Solution: The formula for finding the resultant would be given by: This results into: Hence the answer is 4.38 m in 1 sec. So, in 1 min, the distance covered would be equal to 262.86 m....
  img
Sumit Majumdar 7 months ago

Hello lets assume a=3i b=4cos76i+4sin76j so a+b=(3+4cos76)i+4sin76 for position vector just mulitply by 60 Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 7 months ago
cosA+SinA=root2cosA,show thatcosA-sinA=root2 sinA

Hii student Take LHS from to prove and do the squaring and try to writecosA-SinA andSin2A in terms ofcosA+SinA. Mke certain rearrangement by using the property cos 2 A+Sin 2 A = 1 and you...
  img
Sourabh Singh 4 months ago

CosA+SinA=​root2CosA SinA= root2CosA-CosA SinA=CosA(root2-1) Multiply by ( root2+1) on numerator as well as denominator SinA= CosA(root2-1)(root2+1) / ( root2+1) SinA=CosA(2-1) / ( root2+1)...

Nikhil Gaddam 4 months ago
View all Questions »