the locus of the center of the circle which cuts orthogonally the circle x2 +y2-20x +4=0 and which touches x=2 is

2 years ago

Answers : (3)

x2+y2+2gx+2fy+c=0

condition for orthogonal,
2*g*10=c+4
perpendicular fron center to x=2 is radius..
f2=22g
put g=-x and f=-y
hence,y2=-22x
2 years ago
                                        sorry,there was one mistake in above solution.

Ans. Is y^2=16x.
2 years ago

how?plz tell me..urgent plz..

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
let triangleABC have vertices A(3,4),B(4,6) and C(-1,6).The distance b/w orthocentre of triangle and the origin is

ans: triangle ABC is a right angle triangle.. so the ortho-center of the triangle will be the vertex where the right angle made..which is vertex A (3,4) ( you can figure it out by drawing...
  img
Ajay Verma 7 months ago

ans: triangle ABC is a right angle triangle.. so the ortho-center of the triangle will be the vertex where the right angle made..which is vertex A (3,4) ( you can figure it out by drawing...
  img
Ajay Verma 7 months ago
The no. of points on the line 3x+4y=5 which are at a distance of sec^2? +2cosec^2?,? belongs to R from the point (1,3).

Kindly define the question properly,too many question marks in between expression.
  img
Sunil Kumar 9 months ago

Hi Kindly clarify the question. What does the question mark represent ?
  img
Sunil Kumar 9 months ago
​Find the equation to the locus of a point which moves such that it’s distance from A(3,5) is equal to ‘X’ Axis.

The language of the question is not so clear.A possibility is that distance from (3,5) is equal to distance from x-axis. accordingly:(h-3) 2 +(k-5) 2 =k 2 on solving h 2 -6h-10k+34=0 or x 2...

siddharth gupta 2 months ago
position vectors of points A, B and C are 3i-2j-k, 2i+3j-4k, -i+j+2k and 4i+5j+ak respectively. if points A, B, C and D lie on a plane, find the value of a.

AB=B-A= 2i+3j-4k- ( 3i-2j-k ) = -i+5j+3k BC=C-B=-3i-2j+6k CD=5i+4j+(a-2)k z= AB*BC=36 i + 15j -13 k z.cd= 180+60-13a+26=0 a=266/13
  img
Sher Mohammad 4 months ago
help help.......

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to the following question is a one-one function. So which means that every input has only one output. Given: Since only one statement is correct and...
  img
Jitender Singh 6 days ago
View all Questions »