DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu

the locus of the center of the circle which cuts orthogonally the circle x2 +y2-20x +4=0 and which touches x=2 is

3 years ago

Answers : (3)

x2+y2+2gx+2fy+c=0

condition for orthogonal,
2*g*10=c+4
perpendicular fron center to x=2 is radius..
f2=22g
put g=-x and f=-y
hence,y2=-22x
3 years ago
                                        sorry,there was one mistake in above solution.

Ans. Is y^2=16x.
3 years ago

how?plz tell me..urgent plz..

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

Two equal parabolas have their axes perpendicular and have common vertex.find the whic one of them cuts the other.

*find the angle??a correction in the question ..

Jahnavi Svls one year ago
Q . THE EQUATION ax 2 + 2bxy + by 2 =0 REPRESENTS A PAIR OF LINES. COMBINED EQUATION OF LINES THAT CAN BE OBTAINED BY REFLECTING THESE LINES ABOUT X-AXIS IS - bx 2 – 2bxy + ay 2 = 0 ax 2 +...

Let (X,Y) be a point in the req locus. Clearly (X,Y) is the image of the point (X,-Y) wrt y=0. According to the question, (X,-Y) lies on ax 2 +2bxy+by 2 =0 Therefore aX 2 - 2bXY +bY 2 = 0...

Himaja 9 months ago

thanks.......

Bharat Makkar 8 months ago
I was having trouble solving this question: If the coordinates of a point p be (aCosθ, bSinθ) whereθ is a variable quantity, find locuss of p. I really dont understand how to solve such...

the ans is (x/a) 2 +(y/b) 2 =1 it is simple u just need to eliminate θ and for that take x=acosθ and y=bsinθ so cosθ=x/a and sinθ=y/b now since cos 2 θ + sin 2 θ=1 we get (x/a) 2 +(y/b) 2...

Nicho priyatham 2 months ago

Well that was simple! I guess I’ll just get some practice and would get a hang of it. Thanks!

Jyotinder Singh 2 months ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details