the locus of the mid pt. of a chord of the circle x2 +y2 =4,which subtend a right angle at the origin is:

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

radius of circle=2

so length of chord=2√2

let O be origin and P be mid-point of chord

OP=sqrt(4-2)=√2

so locus is x2+y2=2

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
A straight line makes an intercept on the y-axis twice as long as that on the x-axis and is at a unit distance from the origin. Determine its equation.

Hello Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 4 months ago

intercept form: x/a+y/2a=1 on solving 2x+y=2a.......(1.) normal form: xcos(m)+ysin(m)=1.........(2.) now adjust eqn (1.) to obtain eqn(2) i.e make the sum of squares of coefficients of x and...

siddharth gupta 4 months ago
prove that four straight lines represented by the equation 12x 2 +7xy -12y 2 =0 and 12x 2 +7xy -12y 2 -x +7y -10 form a square

Hello Student, 12x 2 +7xy -12y 2 =0 12x 2 +7xy -12y 2 -x +7y -10 with first x=(-7y +- yroot(49+144*4))/24 you will get 2 lines from here with second do the same thing x=(-7y+1 +-...
  img
Arun Kumar 4 months ago
if the lines ax + by + c=0,bx+cy+a=0 and cx+ay+b=0 be concurrent then A.a^3+b^3+c^3-3abc=0 B. a^3+b^3+c^3-abc C.a^3+b^3+c^3+3abc. D.none of these Sir pls explain the answer in detail. Thanks...

CONCURRENCY OF LINES IS DETERMINED BY USING the ZERO or NON-ZERO VALUE OF THE DETERMINANT a 1 b 1 c 1 a 2 b 2 c 2 a 3 b 3 c 3 WHICH IS ZERO FOR CONCUREENT LINES. WHICH IN THIS CASE IS : a b...

siddharth gupta 3 months ago

CONCURRENCY OF LINES IS DETERMINED BY USING the ZERO or NON-ZERO VALUE OF THE DETERMINANT a 1 b 1 c 1 a 2 b 2 c 2 a 3 b 3 c 3 WHICH IS ZERO FOR CONCUREENT LINES. WHICH IN THIS CASE IS : a b...

how to practice

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below First, you need to remember all the trigonometric formulas & identities. Remember upto 3x. thats enough. Then, learn &...
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago

iwant the best books for jee for mathematics

HARSHITH 26 days ago
Find the greatest term in the expansion of (7-5x)^2 where x=2/3 Please explain the steps. Thankyou in advance.

Hello Student. Please find the solution (7-5x)^2 = 49 + 25x^2 – 70x so first term = 49 second term = -70*2/3 third term = 25 x^2 = 25*4/9 = 11.11 So 49 is greatest...
  img
Nishant Vora 15 days ago

Sorry sir.. i am extremely sorry.. Actually i typed in the wrong question.. it was (7-5x)^11, where x=2/3.. I am extremely sorry once again. Sir please give me the correct answer for this.

Swagat Bordoloi 15 days ago
Two forces of 60N and 80N acting at an angle of 60degrees with eath other. Pull an object. What single pull will replace the given forces. What is the direction of the force. The answer is...

Dear student, The resultant force would be given by: The direction would be given by: Now, lets place the 60 N force along the horizontal direction so the 80 N force would be making an angle...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 3 months ago

Hi, your answer is correct and the book one’s too. The difference between the answers is their representation. You are saying 34.7 degrees with the 80 N force and the book says 25.28...
  img
bharat bajaj 3 months ago
View all Questions »