Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 280 off
USE CODE: MOB20

the locus of the mid pt. of a chord of the circle x2 +y2 =4,which subtend a right angle at the origin is:

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

radius of circle=2

so length of chord=2√2

let O be origin and P be mid-point of chord

OP=sqrt(4-2)=√2

so locus is x2+y2=2

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Analytical Geometry

One of the bisector of the angle between the lines a(x-1) 2 +2h(x-1)(y-2)+b(y-2) 2=0 is x+2y=5.the other bisector is?

You no longer have to wait desperately for someone to help resolve your doubt. You can chat with IITians live, 24/7 (even at 3AM!) and get your doubt resolved instantly. Try the HashLearn...

Ankit 10 days ago
a straight line through A (2,1) is such that its intercept between the axis is bisected at A. its equation is

Dear Student, Follow the given steps – Let the line through A meets the x – axis and y – axis on B(a,0) and C(0,b) respectively. Since A is the mid point of B and C, thus...
  img
Vijay Mukati 6 months ago
Two sides rhombus ABCD are parallel to the lines y=x+2 and y=7x+3.if the diagonals of the rhombus intersect at the point(1,2)& the vertex A is on yhe y axis,find the possible coordinates of ...

The answer should be c=0,2.5 Assume A(0,c). Now opposite sides in rhombus are parallel and all sides are equal length. Or to check if a quardilateral is rhombus, it is sufficient to show...

Akshay one year ago

Alternative solutions will be to use vectors, Let A(0,c). Assume side length=d. AC will be = (1-0) i +(2-c) j, Line AD can be in 1 st or 2 nd quardent, Point B = (0 i + c j) + d/rt(2) * (i...

Akshay one year ago
in rectangle ABCD ,diagonal BD=26 cm and cotangent of angle ABD=1.5. Find the area and the perimeter of the rectangle ABCD.

312 cm2 and perimeter is 10 root 52. find cot x=ab/ad .consder lengths as 3x and 2x. apply pythagoras to find x . then apply formulas to find area and perimeter

Rishabh Ranjan Das yesterday
what is the equation of a plane passing through (0,-2,3) and containing the x-axis??

p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; } GIVEN POINT (0,-2,3). WHERE X=0 THEN THE POINT IN THE YZ-PLANE WHERE Y=-2;Z=3 ONE LINE IS PASSINNG THROUGH THE POINT IN YZ-PLANE THEN SLOPE...

PASUPULETI GURU MAHESH 4 months ago

by assuming the point 0i-2j+3k to be perpendicular and an arbitrary point lying on xaxis i and a point p on the plane xi +yj +zk the answer is x=1

jathin 7 months ago
1.)The number of positive integer solutions of ab-24=2a is.

given ab-24=2a then, ab-2a=24 this implies a(b-2)=24 now, a=24/(b-2) as (a) is an integer then 24 is divisible by (b-2) and 24=2^3 * 3^1 then total umber of factors are (3+1)(1+1) = 8 so...

manmath 5 months ago

given ab-24=2a then, ab-2a=24 this implies a(b-2)=24 now, a=24/(b-2) as (a) is an integer then 24 is divisible by (b-2) and 24=2^3 * 3^1 then total umber of factors are (3+1)(1+1) = 8 so...

arun 5 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 280 off

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts