ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

the locus of the mid pt. of a chord of the circle x2 +y2 =4,which subtend a right angle at the origin is:

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

radius of circle=2

so length of chord=2√2

let O be origin and P be mid-point of chord

OP=sqrt(4-2)=√2

so locus is x2+y2=2

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
If the point (at^2 , 2at ) be exttemity of focal chord of parabola y^2 = 4ax then show length of focalchord is a(t + 1/t^2)

Find the eqn of focal chord using the condition that the focal chord passes through the focus(a,0) as well as(at^2 , 2at) by using the two point form of the straight line. Now, find the...
  img
Ravi 7 months ago
The equation of a straight line passing through the point (-5,4) and which cuts an intercept of root(2) units between the lines x+y+1=0 and x+y-1 is?

Hello Student. Please find the solutionx+y+1=0 and x+y-1 are two parallel lines and distance between them is mod|\frac{1-(-1)}{\sqrt{2}} |So distabce between them is 2/root2 = root2So our...
  img
Nishant Vora 8 months ago
find the equation of the circle through (-2,-4), (6,0) and (1,5)

Hii FInd out equations of two chords using three points. Then find the pair of equations of perpendicular bisectors. Find their point of intersection that will be centre . Find out the value...
  img
Sourabh Singh 8 months ago

hey I have a simpler and unique solution Use family of circles passing through two points and then put third point to get the constant The required circle’s equation will be S + k L = 0...

Kaustubh Nayyar 8 months ago

hii use general equation of circle... x 2 +y 2 +2gx+2fy+c=0 put the given coordinates and you will ger the linear eqn with three variables ...solve them to find g f c then put it on the...

divyansh 8 months ago
kya kar rahe ho?????

PLease post proper questions.
  img
Harsh Patodia 2 months ago

____
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago
Find the area bounded by the lines y = 4x + 5 , y = 5 – x and 4y = x + 5

Plot an approximate graph and solve the eqns to get their coordinates for the points of intersection. If calculating, the area across X-axis, (which would be easier as the limits would be...
  img
Ravi 8 months ago
sin(270-theta)= -cos theta

As u know at the Y-axis function will change. So here sin function will convert in to cos function. Sin function is -ve int 3 rd qua. so cos function will become -ve. Like, I have sin(240)...

Aadit Desai one month ago

sin(270-theta) = -cos theta is right. Because in in unit circle 270-theta means u will in third qua. & in third qua. sin function is negative.

Because i have alredy studied it in class 11.

View all Questions »