the locus of the mid pt. of a chord of the circle x2 +y2 =4,which subtend a right angle at the origin is:

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

radius of circle=2

so length of chord=2√2

let O be origin and P be mid-point of chord

OP=sqrt(4-2)=√2

so locus is x2+y2=2

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Find the locus of the focus of an ellipse with major axis 4 and Minor axis 2, which touches both the co-ordinate axes... Kindly Answer My question.... And also the one that I have posted...

Thanks and Regards, Ajay verma, askIITians faculty, IIT HYDERABAD
  img
Ajay Verma 6 months ago

Sir, What if the ellipse touches the co-ordinate axes not in the way that you have mentioned but in a slanted way, ie., such that the major axis makes some angle with the x-axis (like when...

Pranjal K 6 months ago
What is the significance of bilinear transformation??

The Bilinear transform is a mathematical relationship which can be used to convert the transfer function of a particular filter in the complex Laplace domain into the z-domain, and...
  img
bharat bajaj 5 months ago

can u please elaborate??

Meenakshi Naidu 5 months ago
What is the integration of 7^xe^x dx

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar one month ago
integrate the following integral ∫ 1/sqrt(x + 3) – sqrt(x+2) dx

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below
  img
Jitender Singh 9 days ago
Second step I want to understand

Ans: There is some little mistake in the expression Differentiete one time & apply the chain rule ….....(1) Put in (1)
  img
Jitender Singh one month ago

Dear student, This is a formula for nth order differentiation. Can you please elaborate what is the second step that you want to be clarified. You need to specify whether you like to do an...
  img
Sumit Majumdar one month ago

sumit sir ….….…i understood this question ….…..................but i have another question can u please tell me my problem ….….…....the question is please explain fully ….if it has 0/0 form...

milind one month ago
when going east at 10 kmph a train moving with const. velocity appears to be moving exactly north east . when my velocity is increased to 30 kmph east it appears to be moving north. a.what...

Hello You should apply concept of reletive velocity here Now you can find everything. Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech IIT Delhi Askiitians faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 2 months ago

Ok ok..is it because angle is 45 degree so...x- component and y- component must b equal????.. Am I right Sir???

shalini 2 months ago

Thanq very much Sir :) but why should x-10 be equal to y??? :/

shalini 2 months ago
View all Questions »