ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

the locus of the mid pt. of a chord of the circle x2 +y2 =4,which subtend a right angle at the origin is:

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

radius of circle=2

so length of chord=2√2

let O be origin and P be mid-point of chord

OP=sqrt(4-2)=√2

so locus is x2+y2=2

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
If AB=2a, given base of triangle ABP where p is a varianle such that tanA+tanB=k(constant) then locus of P is? a: circle b:parabola c: hyperbola

b:parabola is ans. use A+B = 180-P then take tan and apply angle between lines formula. Assume A(a,0) B(-a,0)

yashpal 4 months ago
Q . IF THE DISTANCE OF ANY POINT ( x , y ) FROM THE ORIGIN IS DEFINED AS d( x,y) = max { | x | , | y | } , d( x,y) = a , non-zero constant, THEN THE LOCUS IS - A CIRCLE A SQUARE A STRAIGHT...

The answer, from the given options, should be A TRIANGLE. I got it by eliminating the rest of the options. P.S:- I have checked for the first three options. From them, i haven’t got the...

Yash Jain 3 months ago

it is a squre with line X=+a,-a Y=+a,-a

Abhishek Singh 2 months ago
Q . THE EQUATIONS OF THE LINES REPRESENTING THE SIDES OF A TRIANGLE ARE- 3x – 4y = 0 , x + y =0 AND 2x – 3y =7. THE LINE- 3x+ 2y =0 ALWAYS PASSES THROUGH THE – INCENTRE CENTROID CIRCUMCENTRE...

The lines 3x – 4y =0 and x+y=0 intersect each other at (0,0). Also the line 3x + 2y = 0 passes through (0,0) and is perpendicular to the third line 2x – 3y=7 . Therefore it passes through...

vardhan 3 months ago
evaluate the following integral ∫ a / b + ce^x dx

Ans: Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below
  img
Jitender Singh 6 months ago
If N=750 and p=1/500, what is the probability in poisson’s distribution that x>2?

Please give the steps also.

viswanath one month ago

the answer is 0.01118

agila one month ago
View all Questions »