ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

the equation of the tangent to the circle x2 +y2 +4x -4y+4=0 which make equal intercept on the positive coordinate axes is:

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

if tangent is y=mx+c.

Equal intercept means m=-1
x+y=c
perpendicular from center of the circle on tangent is radius.
C=2 root 2
x+y=2 root 2
3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
The line lx+my+n=0 bisects the angle between a pair of straight lines of which one is px+qy+r=0. Show that the equation to the other line is:- (px+qy+r)(l^2+m^2) -2(lp+mq)(lx+my+n) =0

Form a family of straight lines passing through the point of intersection oflx+my+n=0 andpx+qy+r=0. (px+qy+r)+µ(lx+my+n)=0 Find the angle betweenlx+my+n=0 andpx+qy+r=0 and equate it to...
  img
Ravi 3 months ago
Q . THE EQUATION ax 2 + 2bxy + by 2 =0 REPRESENTS A PAIR OF LINES. COMBINED EQUATION OF LINES THAT CAN BE OBTAINED BY REFLECTING THESE LINES ABOUT X-AXIS IS - bx 2 – 2bxy + ay 2 = 0 ax 2 +...

Let (X,Y) be a point in the req locus. Clearly (X,Y) is the image of the point (X,-Y) wrt y=0. According to the question, (X,-Y) lies on ax 2 +2bxy+by 2 =0 Therefore aX 2 - 2bXY +bY 2 = 0...

Himaja 4 months ago

thanks.......

bharat makkar 4 months ago
Given two straight lines AB and AC whose equations are 3x + 4y = 5 and 4x – 3y = 15 respectively. Then the possible equation of line BC through (1, 2), such that ABC is isosceles, is L1 = 0...

Equation of the line BC passing through (1,2) with slope ‘m’ is (y-2) = m(x-2) Since ABC is isosceles, angle B = angle C. using Cos(theta) formula for finding angle between the lines AB,BC &...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 9 months ago
Let f(x)= { -4, -4 { x 2 - 4, 0 Discuss continuity & differentiability of g(x) = f(|x|) + |f(x)|.

Hi, It seems that the fx is not written in proper format. Please upload the question correctly so that we can provide you an explaination....
  img
Yash Baheti 7 months ago
middle term in the expansion is greatest then the value of [x]=

Hello Student, if middle term is greatest then using result. we get n/n+1 <x < n+1/n =>[x]=0,1 Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 9 months ago
if Cos A+Cos 2 A=1 THEN Sin 2 A+Sin 4 A=?

nileena 7 months ago

nileena 7 months ago
View all Questions »