the equation of the tangent to the circle x2 +y2 +4x -4y+4=0 which make equal intercept on the positive coordinate axes is:

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

if tangent is y=mx+c.

Equal intercept means m=-1
x+y=c
perpendicular from center of the circle on tangent is radius.
C=2 root 2
x+y=2 root 2
2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
prove that the straight line joining the midpoints of the diagnol of a trapezium is parallel to the parallel sides and is equal to half their distance.

Hello Student If you consider two triangles which are formed by the diagonal of the trapezium. In both the triangle base will be parallel to mid point of sides and both sides are also...
  img
Nishant Vora 4 days ago
The number of points (x,y) (where x and y both are perfect squares of integers) on the parabola y^2=px,p being a prime number, is ?

y 2 = px y = sqrt(px) Since x & y are perfect square integers, sqrt(x) is an integer. Since p is a prime no., sqrt(p) is an irrational no. The point which satisfies the given condition is...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 2 months ago
What are complex numbers? I mean what is their significance?

Imaginary/complex numbers are multiples of i. Like 2i, 4i, 2.881i etc... They arise because not all equations can be solved by using only real numbers. Real numbers are all numbers ranging...
  img
bharat bajaj 6 months ago

Imaginary/complex numbers are multiples of i. Like 2i, 4i, 2.881i etc... They arise because not all equations can be solved by using only real numbers. Real numbers are all numbers ranging...
  img
bharat bajaj 6 months ago
The minimum value of (tan(x+ π/6))/tanx is: 0 ½ 1 3

f(x) = tan(x+ π/6)/tanx = (tanx + 1/sqrt(3)/(1 – tanx/sqrt(3)) * 1/tanx = [sqrt(3) * tanx + 1 ]/[(sqrt(3) – 1) * tanx] The extreme points of f(x) are for f ’ (x) = 0 By differenetiationg...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 2 months ago
Whats the cosine rule.

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 3 months ago
In a triangle ABC the value of acosA+bcosB+cCosC/a+b+c is equal to (A) r/R (b)R/2r (C)R/r (D)2r/R

Hi, Follow the steps to reach the answer : Apply the cos formula in terms of S, a, b, c. Now rearrange the three terms and apply the formula which will connect R & r to S, a, b, c. You...
  img
Yash Baheti one month ago
View all Questions »