the area of the triangle formed by the tangent at the pt. (a,b) to the circle x2 +y2 =r2and the coordinate axis

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Equation of tangent is 

ax+by-r^2 = 0

In x-y intercept form

x/(r^2/a) + y/(r^2/b) = 1

x-intercept = r^2/b

y-intercept = r^2/b

Area of triangle = 1/2*r^2/b*r^2/b = r4/(2ab)

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
The length of subnormal to the parabola y2=4 ax at any point is equal to

The length od the subnormal is always constant and is eqaul to the semi latusrectum i.e. 2a Thanks & Regards Rinkoo Gupta AskIITians Faculty
  img
Rinkoo Gupta 5 months ago
If two tangents to the parabola y 2 =4ax from a point P make an angle θ 1 and θ 2 with the axis of the parabola, then find the locus of P if cosθ 1 cosθ 2 =λ...

Let the equation of tangent in slope form be y= mx + a/m Let point P be (h,k) hence this point will satisfy the line there fore: k = mh + a/m or mh^2 - km + a = 0 (a quadratic in 'm' which...
  img
Pratik Tibrewal 9 months ago
Find the distance of the point (0,2) from the straight line with slope 5 and passing through the point of intersection of x+2y=5 and x-3y=7. Find the equation of the straight line passing...

Hello student, the point of intersection of equations is(29/5,-2/5) given slope is 5 So eqn of line is y-y1=m(x-x1) y+2/5=5(x-29/5) 5x-5y-31=0 Distance from point (0,2) to above straight...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 4 months ago

Hello student, the point of intersection of equations is(29/5,-2/5) given slope is 5 So eqn of line is y-y1=m(x-x1) y+2/5=5(x-29/5) Similarly you can solve the next question Thanks and...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 4 months ago
a=i+2j+3k,b=3i-j+2k find dot product and angle between two vectors?

When the two vectors are placed this way, the vectors form the angle q . ... The scalar product ( dot product ) A · B (A dot B ) of vectors A and B is the ... Given A = i - j + k and...

yours katarnak Suresh one year ago

a=i+2j+3k b=3i-j+2k we know that i.i=1 , j.j=1 , k.k=1. and i.j=j.i=i.k=k.i=j.k=k.j=0. a.b=3-2+6=7 a.b=abcosθ cosθ=(a.b)÷ab {a=√a.a, b=√b.b} [ a= √14=b}...

souvik sonu roy one year ago

A.B=9 A.B=|A|*|B| COSØ

raj razi one year ago
If sinx+siny=root3(cosy-cosx) Prove that sin3x+sin3y=0.

Hello students, please check the solution of your question given below: sinx+siny = root3 ( cosx-cosy) 2sin(x+y/2)cos(x-y/2) = root3 {2sin(x+y/2)sin(y-x/2)} sin(x+y/2)[cos(x-y/2)-root3....
  img
Sunil Raikwar 2 months ago

Dear student, According to the given relation, we would have: If we multiply both sides by a factor of 4, we get: This on simplifying gives us: If the right hand side can be simplified to...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 2 months ago
cos a + cos b – cos (a+b) = 3/2 show that a=b= 60 degrees

Let A+B+C=180 cosA+cosB+cosC = cos A+ cos B +cos A+B cosA+cos B- cosC= cos A+ cos B -cos A+B 3/2= 1-4sinA/2 sin B/2 cosC/2 4sinA/2 sin B/2 cosA+B/2=--1/2 A=b=60

Ahsan Barkati 28 days ago
View all Questions »