DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

the area of the triangle formed by the tangent at the pt. (a,b) to the circle x2 +y2 =r2and the coordinate axis

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Equation of tangent is 

ax+by-r^2 = 0

In x-y intercept form

x/(r^2/a) + y/(r^2/b) = 1

x-intercept = r^2/b

y-intercept = r^2/b

Area of triangle = 1/2*r^2/b*r^2/b = r4/(2ab)

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Product of slopes of pirpendicular lines is -1. Slope of x-axis is 0, slope of y-axis is “infinity”. But, 0*infinity is not -1 why?

If product of slopes of 2 lines is -1 then they are perpendicular. But, the converse may not be true always. The statement of converse clearly has a limitation in it i.e., if the lines are...

Raghu Vamshi Hemadri one month ago

If product of slopes of 2 lines is -1 then they are perpendicular. But, the converse may not be true always. The statement of converse clearly has a limitation in it i.e., if the lines are...

Raghu Vamshi Hemadri one month ago

we say product of slopes -1 if perpendicular when both slopes are finite tan (teta)=(m 2 - m 1 )/1+m 1 m 2 so if perpendicular denominator zero m 1 m 2 =-1 if one of them is infinite then...

Nicho priyatham one month ago
Q . THE EQUATION ax 2 + 2bxy + by 2 =0 REPRESENTS A PAIR OF LINES. COMBINED EQUATION OF LINES THAT CAN BE OBTAINED BY REFLECTING THESE LINES ABOUT X-AXIS IS - bx 2 – 2bxy + ay 2 = 0 ax 2 +...

Let (X,Y) be a point in the req locus. Clearly (X,Y) is the image of the point (X,-Y) wrt y=0. According to the question, (X,-Y) lies on ax 2 +2bxy+by 2 =0 Therefore aX 2 - 2bXY +bY 2 = 0...

Himaja 8 months ago

thanks.......

Bharat Makkar 8 months ago
what will the graph of |x| + [x] look like?

Dear Student. In graph of y = |x| + [x], you will find that modulus function having break points at +/-1, +/-2, +/-3 and so on. There is a shift by 1 unit in vertical postion. Try to take...
  img
Vijay Mukti 3 days ago
25a + 35b + 65c =355 . find value of a ?

The question seems incomplete ! There needs to be two more equations or b&c should be given.
  img
Sunil Kumar one month ago

if their is only one equation u can have infinate solutions i think the question is incomplet or u might have missed some conditions please check PLEASE APPROVE IF USEFUL

Nicho priyatham one month ago

devanshu your questions seems to be incomplete atleast u should have given 3 different cases for the problem solving but over here only one of them is provided

grenade one month ago
FIND UNIT VECTORS PERPENDICULAR TO THE PLANE DETERMINED BY THE POINTS P(1,-1,2) , Q(2,0,-1) AND R(0,2,1).

The two vectors in the given plane is PQ & PR PQ = (2 – 1) i + (0 + 1) j + (-1 – 2)k = i + j – 3k PR = (0 – 1)i + (2 + 1) j + (1 – 2k = –i + 3j – k The vector perpendicular to PQ & PR is PQ ...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI one year ago

THANKS!!!!

Bharat Makkar one year ago
rank of a matrix of order m x n is less than or equal to min (m,n). why is that?

Because for an m x n matrix, If m is less than n, then the maximum rank of the matrix is m. If m is greater than n, then the maximum rank of the matrix is n.
  img
Vijay Mukti 12 days ago
View all Questions »