ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

The locus of the centre of the circle for which one end of the diameter is (3,3) while the other end lies on the line x+y=4.

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

let (h,k) be the centre of the circle and other end of diameter be (x1,y1).

h= (x1+3)/2      and        k= (y1+3)/2

or, x1=2h-3       and        y1=2k-3

but (x1,y1) lie on x+y=4,

(2h-3)+(2k-3)=4

or, h+k=5

for locus, replace (h,k) by (x,y)..

thus, locus is  x+y=5

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Q . IF THE DISTANCE OF ANY POINT ( x , y ) FROM THE ORIGIN IS DEFINED AS d( x,y) = max { | x | , | y | } , d( x,y) = a , non-zero constant, THEN THE LOCUS IS - A CIRCLE A SQUARE A STRAIGHT...

The answer, from the given options, should be A TRIANGLE. I got it by eliminating the rest of the options. P.S:- I have checked for the first three options. From them, i haven’t got the...

Yash Jain 3 months ago

it is a squre with line X=+a,-a Y=+a,-a

Abhishek Singh 2 months ago
If the vertices of triangles are placed at (1.8,2.4),(5,0) and (0,0), then where is the orthocentre located? The answer is given as (1.8,2.4) Please explain

Solution: As we know the.. orthocentre is the point of intersection of altitudes of the triangle... soo for right angle triangle.. orthocenter is the vertex itself on which right angle is...
  img
Ajay Verma 8 months ago
the straight lines x+y=0, 3x+y-4=0 and x+3y-4=0 which is isosless equilateral right angle none

Since none of the lines are perpendicular therefore it is not a right angled triangle. now find the intersection points of x+y=0, 3x+y-4=0, x+3y-4=0, we get (2,-2),(-2,2) & (1,1) let...
  img
Sunil Raikwar 5 months ago
∫1/sqrt[a^3-x^3]

resolve into (a-x)(a^2+x^2+ax) ,then use partial fractions.

sarim khan 2 months ago

resolve into (a-x)(a^2+x^2+ax) ,then use partial fractions.

sarim khan 2 months ago
​Q. IF f ( x ) IS A DIFFERENTIABLE FUNCTION AND f ’ ( x ) = log 1/3 ( log 3 ( sin x + a) ) , THEN FIND THE INTERVAL OF ‘’a’’ SO THAT f ( x ) IS DECREASING FOR ALL REAL VALUES OF x .

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below If the f(x) is decreasing, then ............(1) Also for the domain of logarithm function, …......(2) Combining (1) and...
  img
Jitender Singh 6 months ago

but i think a > 4 as a =3 doesnt satisfy the equation.

bharat makkar 6 months ago
FIND THE VALUE OF i x ( i x a) + j x( j x a) + k x( k x a).where i,j,k are unit vectors along x,y and z axes and a is any vector

i x (i x a) = (i.a) i – (i.i)a = (i.a)i – a j x (j x a) = (j.a) j – (j.j)a = (j.a)j – a k x (k x a) = (k.a) k – (k.k)a = (k.a)k – a i x ( i x a) + j x( j x a) + k x( k x a) = (i.a)i –...

Y RAJYALAKSHMI 7 months ago

thanks!!!!

bharat makkar 7 months ago
View all Questions »