The locus of the centre of the circle for which one end of the diameter is (3,3) while the other end lies on the line x+y=4.

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

let (h,k) be the centre of the circle and other end of diameter be (x1,y1).

h= (x1+3)/2      and        k= (y1+3)/2

or, x1=2h-3       and        y1=2k-3

but (x1,y1) lie on x+y=4,

(2h-3)+(2k-3)=4

or, h+k=5

for locus, replace (h,k) by (x,y)..

thus, locus is  x+y=5

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
If in a triangle A=(1,10),circumcenter=(-1/3,2/3) and orthocentre =(11/3,4/3) then the co-ordinates of the side opposite to A is:

STEP 1:USE THE CONCEPT THAT CENTROID DIVIDES THE LINE SEGMENT JOINING ORTHOCENTRE. AND CIRCUMCENTRE IN THE RATIO 2:1 CALCULATE THE COORDINATES OF CENTROID(G) AS (1,8/9). STEP 2:CENTROID=((X...

siddharth gupta 2 months ago
What are complex numbers? I mean what is their significance?

Imaginary/complex numbers are multiples of i. Like 2i, 4i, 2.881i etc... They arise because not all equations can be solved by using only real numbers. Real numbers are all numbers ranging...
  img
bharat bajaj 5 months ago

Imaginary/complex numbers are multiples of i. Like 2i, 4i, 2.881i etc... They arise because not all equations can be solved by using only real numbers. Real numbers are all numbers ranging...
  img
bharat bajaj 5 months ago
i i

what is parabola

A parabola is the locus of a point P whose sum of distances from a fixed point and a fixed line is always a constant. The fixed point is called the focus of the parabola and the fixed line...

Aabel one year ago
​Q. ax^3 + bx^2 + cx + d=0 has 3 real roots alpha beta and gamma Find: alpha^4 + beta^4 + gamma^4 alpha ^5 + beta ^5 + gamma^5

the sum of roots is, alpha+beta+gamma = b/a produc of roots is = d/a alphabeta+ alphagamma+betagamma= -b/a (alpha+beta+gamma)^2=alpha2+beta2+gamma2+alphabeta+ 2alphagamma+2betagamma...
  img
Sher Mohammad 2 months ago

We have newtons formula which says: In your case divide the polynomial by a then apply the newstons formulae.
  img
Arun Kumar 2 months ago
x^1/3 + y^1/3 + z^1/3 = 0 find (x + y + z)^3

Hello Student Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 2 months ago
View all Questions »