The locus of the centre of the circle for which one end of the diameter is (3,3) while the other end lies on the line x+y=4.

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

let (h,k) be the centre of the circle and other end of diameter be (x1,y1).

h= (x1+3)/2      and        k= (y1+3)/2

or, x1=2h-3       and        y1=2k-3

but (x1,y1) lie on x+y=4,

(2h-3)+(2k-3)=4

or, h+k=5

for locus, replace (h,k) by (x,y)..

thus, locus is  x+y=5

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Please explain how to identify the acute and obtuse angle bisectors using the angle bisectory formula.

if two lines are: L1 : a 1 x + b 1 y + c 1 = 0 L2 : a 2 x + b 2 y + c 2 = 0 then eqn of angle bisectors (a1x + b1y + c1) / {(a 1 ) 2 + (b 1 ) 2 } 1/2 = + - (a2x + b2y + c2) / {(a2)^2+...
  img
Ajay Verma 21 hours ago
Find the equation of the lines which pass through the point of intersection of the lines 4x-3y-1=0 and 2x-5y+3=0 and are equally inclined to the axes.

Intersection point of 4x-3y-1=0 & 2x-5y+3=0 is (1,1). if lines are equally inclined with the axes then slope of lines either 1 or -1. so equations of lines are y-1=1(x-1) & y-1=-1(x-1)...

sunil raikwar 28 days ago
What is mantissa in logarithm?

Hello Student, Its not a round off!!!!. To avoid the need for separate tables to convert positive and negative logarithms back to their original numbers, a bar notation is used. The bar over...
  img
Arun Kumar 18 days ago
integration of ((1/ln(x) - (1/(lnx)^2)) is ? The answer is x/log(x)

For this problem what you do is first consider lnx to be u and convert the integral in to a form where everything is in terms of u. Then take the integral of (e^u)/u seperately (which u get...

k sesi preetam 8 months ago

I got the answer. Thanks anyways :) First integrate 1/lnx by parts and then 1/(lnx)^2 gets cancelled and we get the answer as x/lnx

amy214 8 months ago
integral of (e^x)*(sec^2(x))

Thanks & Regards Saurabh Singh, askIITians Faculty B.Tech. IIT Kanpur
  img
Saurabh Singh 5 months ago

what is 2F1 (-i/2,1;1-i/2;-e^2ix)

K CHANDANA 5 months ago
View all Questions »