Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 280 off
USE CODE: MOB20

The locus of the centre of the circle for which one end of the diameter is (3,3) while the other end lies on the line x+y=4.

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

let (h,k) be the centre of the circle and other end of diameter be (x1,y1).

h= (x1+3)/2      and        k= (y1+3)/2

or, x1=2h-3       and        y1=2k-3

but (x1,y1) lie on x+y=4,

(2h-3)+(2k-3)=4

or, h+k=5

for locus, replace (h,k) by (x,y)..

thus, locus is  x+y=5

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Analytical Geometry

A straight line x=y+2 touches the circle (x^2 + y^2) = r^2. The value of r is

Equation of circle :4(x 2 +y 2 )=r 2 centre of the circle = (0, 0) equation of tangent :x=y+2 [y=x-2].....(i) slope of the tangent = 1 slope of radius = -1 using one-point form :(y-y 1 ) =...

BALAJI SANKARAN 8 months ago

We have the equation of the circle as 4( x^2+y^2)=r^2 X^2+y^2=(r/2)^2 Now x=y+2 is a tangent to the circle.... Centre of the circle is (0,0) Tangent is always perpendicular to the radius... ...

Trina 9 months ago
prove that the triangle which has one of the angles as 60 degree, can not have all vertices with integral coordinates

If we take origin and two arbitrary coordinates with lines passing through them. calculate slope. slope difference between can not be 60.
  img
Charchit Tailong one year ago
if | z – 4 | + | z – [12/5] | = 10 represents an ellipse , then what is its eccentricity?

I am assuming that [12/5] is the greatest integer function, which will change the equation to |z-4| + |z-2| = 10 Now Interpreting this as an ellipse is simple, basically the equation can be...
  img
Riddhish Bhalodia 6 months ago
Sir, how to solve the question in the attachment? Ans: a > 1

@ aditya i am giving the apporoach to solve this question here we nned to take quadratic equation in b means a as constant. so that quadratic equation should take ionly positive values....

Umakant biswal 3 days ago
half angle of sin?

half angle if sine is sina = 2sin(a/2)cos(a/2). it is from the equation of sina = 2sinacosa. if you like my answer plz approve it.

SAI SARDAR 10 months ago

2sin(a/2)cos(a/2)

SEELA YUVARAJU 10 months ago

2sin(a/2)cos(a/2)

Shantanu Singh 10 months ago
if AB=A and BA=B then which is correct a) A^2=A b) B^2=B c)A=I d) B=I? chapter matrices

Both options (a) and (b) are correct .A 2 =A & B 2 =B.

Nikhil Upadhyay 11 months ago

Look options a) and b) are correct showing that options c and d are also correct.see below for explaination. A 2 =A--------->A.A=A------------->A=A -1 .A(taking one of the A to right side...

Nikhil Upadhyay 11 months ago

Nikhil Upadhyay but why C and D not correct??? if we multiply both side by A inverse.... we will get A=I. ???

rajnish kumar 11 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 280 off

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts