DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu

The radius of the circle having centre at (2,1) whose one chord is the diameter of the circle x2 +y2 -2x-6y+6=0

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

x2+y2-2x-6y+6=0

or, (x2-2x+1)+(y2-6y+9)-4=0

or, (x-1)2+(y-3)2=22

thus the radius of the smaller given circle is 2 and its centre is (1,3).

distance b/w the two centres = (1+4)1/2 = 51/2

thus the radius of required circle = (5 + 4)1/2 = 3.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

If the line y=√3 x+k touches the circle x^2+y^2=16 then what is the value of k ??

The line is a tangent to the circle, find the distance of C(0,0) from that line which will be equal to 4i.e radius. ans 8,-8

Sid one month ago
if the lines ax + by + c=0,bx+cy+a=0 and cx+ay+b=0 be concurrent then A.a^3+b^3+c^3-3abc=0 B. a^3+b^3+c^3-abc C.a^3+b^3+c^3+3abc. D.none of these Sir pls explain the answer in detail....

CONCURRENCY OF LINES IS DETERMINED BY USING the ZERO or NON-ZERO VALUE OF THE DETERMINANT a 1 b 1 c 1 a 2 b 2 c 2 a 3 b 3 c 3 WHICH IS ZERO FOR CONCUREENT LINES. WHICH IN THIS CASE IS : a b ...

siddharth gupta one year ago

CONCURRENCY OF LINES IS DETERMINED BY USING the ZERO or NON-ZERO VALUE OF THE DETERMINANT a 1 b 1 c 1 a 2 b 2 c 2 a 3 b 3 c 3 WHICH IS ZERO FOR CONCUREENT LINES. WHICH IN THIS CASE IS : a b ...

Vertex of the parabola with focus (a,b) and directrix x/a + y/b = 1

The vertex would lie between the focus and the foot of the perpendicular from the focus to the directrix. Find the foot of perpendicular from the focus to the directri. The vertex will be...
  img
Ravi 9 months ago
If x sinθ=y sin(θ+2 Π/3)=z sin(θ+4 Π/3) then prove that Σxy=0. Please explain with full steps.

use sin(a+b) = sin a * cos b + cos a * sin b, 1: x sin θ, 2: ysin(θ+2pi/3), 3: zsin(θ+4pi/3) equate 1 and 2, u will get tan θ = root(3)*y/(2x+y), equate 1 and 3, u will get tan θ =...

Akshay one month ago
find the equation of a line passing through the point 3,2 and perpendicular to the line x=y

the line is y=5-x since the line is perpendicular to line y=x, the slope of this line is -1. and acc. to point slope formula i.e., (y-y’)=m(x-x’) hence (y-2)=(-1)(x-3) y-2=3-x y=5-x

Avani Patidar 29 days ago
cos pie/a.cos2pie/a.cos3pie/a....coskpie/a=1/2^k.Prove this if a=2k+1

Products of cosine series is done by n-th root of unity equation. x n -1=0 has roots X=1,e i2π/n , e i4π/n ,e i6π/n ,e i8π/n ,e i10π/n , ……… e i2(n-1)π/n . So, x n -1 = (x-1)*(x - e i2π/n...

Akshay one month ago

plz post the question properly or plz upload a picture to get a clear form of d question

Prajwal Kavad one month ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details