ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

The radius of the circle having centre at (2,1) whose one chord is the diameter of the circle x2 +y2 -2x-6y+6=0

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

x2+y2-2x-6y+6=0

or, (x2-2x+1)+(y2-6y+9)-4=0

or, (x-1)2+(y-3)2=22

thus the radius of the smaller given circle is 2 and its centre is (1,3).

distance b/w the two centres = (1+4)1/2 = 51/2

thus the radius of required circle = (5 + 4)1/2 = 3.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Question given in the attached image . Difficulty in finding the locus of the intersecting points of the two tangents .

equation of tangent at an eccentric angle k is (x/a)cosk+(y/b)sink=0 equation of tangent at an eccentric angle k+90 0 is -(x/a)sink+(y/b)cosk=0 solving the above equations we get point of...

Nicho priyatham 27 days ago
find the equation of the circle through (-2,-4), (6,0) and (1,5)

Hii FInd out equations of two chords using three points. Then find the pair of equations of perpendicular bisectors. Find their point of intersection that will be centre . Find out the value...
  img
Sourabh Singh 9 months ago

hey I have a simpler and unique solution Use family of circles passing through two points and then put third point to get the constant The required circle’s equation will be S + k L = 0...

Kaustubh Nayyar 9 months ago

hii use general equation of circle... x 2 +y 2 +2gx+2fy+c=0 put the given coordinates and you will ger the linear eqn with three variables ...solve them to find g f c then put it on the...

divyansh 9 months ago
what will the graph of |x| + [x] look like?

Dear student, You can break the defination of the function in various intervals |x| + [x] = and so on then plot in respective interval
  img
Nishant Vora 2 months ago
(10101101) 2 = (………….) 10 Which of the following should come in place of blank? 1. 137 2. 173 3. 170 4. None of these

10101101-----1x2 0 =1 0x2 1 =0 1x2 2 =4 1x2 3 =8 0x2 4 =0 1x2 5 =32 0x2 6 =0 1x2 7 =128 total---- =173

mansi dabriwal one month ago

see according to me this is in binary form which computer system except we hv given in base 2 and we hv to convert in form of base 10 the procedure is explained by me above. HOPE IT IS...

if u need the explanation i can explain u...

if 2tanA=3tanB,prove

is there any other relationship b/w A and B

grenade one month ago

when u will correct the question

grenade one month ago
3 ∫ 1 (3x – 2) dx

integration of 3x-2 from 1 to 3 is equal to (3(x^2)/2)-2x) from 1 to 3 =(3((9/2)-(1/2)))-(2(3-1)) =12-4 =8

LAVUDYA SRIKANTH 8 months ago
View all Questions »