ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

The radius of the circle having centre at (2,1) whose one chord is the diameter of the circle x2 +y2 -2x-6y+6=0

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

x2+y2-2x-6y+6=0

or, (x2-2x+1)+(y2-6y+9)-4=0

or, (x-1)2+(y-3)2=22

thus the radius of the smaller given circle is 2 and its centre is (1,3).

distance b/w the two centres = (1+4)1/2 = 51/2

thus the radius of required circle = (5 + 4)1/2 = 3.

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
On the portion of the straight line x + y = 2 which is intercepted between the axes, a square is constructed away from the origin, with this portion as one of its side. then the point of...

soln: point of intersection of its diagonals is center of the square.... as shown in the image below the center is P (2,2) thanks and regards
  img
Ajay Verma 9 months ago
ITS MY SINCERE REQUEST TO THE ASKIITIANS FACULTY TO PLEASE TAKE UP MY DOUBTS POSTED ON COORDINATE GEOMETRY( STRAIGHT LINES)

yes ask me ques

HARDEEP DIGRA 4 months ago

my friend please refer my questions posted under ANALYTICAL GEOMETRY

Bharat Makkar 4 months ago

my friend please refer my questions posted under ANALYTICAL GEOMETRY

Bharat Makkar 4 months ago
If the vertices of triangles are placed at (0,0), (0,6), (6,0). The prove that the distance between the orthocentre and circumcentre is 3 root2.

Solution: As we know the.. orthocentre is the point of intersection of altitudes of the triangle... soo for right angle triangle.. orthocenter is the vertex itself on which right angle is...
  img
Ajay Verma 9 months ago
Explain- Two lines perpendicular to a third line are NOT parallel. Two planes perpendicular to a third plane are NOT parallel.

Yes the third line will be perpendicular to both the lines and they will make a U structure.Using the same analaogy this can also be answered. Best of luck
  img
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
Dear sir I am having problem in this question Find a dot b and a cross b if- Avector=i cap + 2jcap +kcap and b magnitude is 3 along c vector=icap+jcap+kcap

Hi please evaluate dot and cross yourself. Thanks & Regards, Arun Kumar, Btech,IIT Delhi, Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 11 months ago
∫cos(2 cot-1​​{ root(1-x/1+x)} = ????

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below
  img
Jitender Singh 7 months ago
View all Questions »