Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

given n straight lines and a fixed point O.through O a straight line is drawn meeting these points at R1,R2....,Rn and a point R is taken on it such that,   n/OR = 1/OR1 + ......+ 1/ that locus of r is a straight line.

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Let the n straight lines be : y=mix+ci  for i=1,2,3...n

let O be origin and R(h,k) be locus of R

equation of line OR is : y-mx=0 

so, k-mh=0

OR= (x2+y2)1/2

Ri = (ci/(m-mi), )

ORi = { (ci/(m-mi)*(1+m2)1/2 )

given n/OR = 1/OR1 + 1/OR2 + ....

n/(x2+y2)1/2 = (m-m1)/(c1*(1+m2)1/2) + (m-m2)/(c2*(1+m2)1/2) +............+(m-mn)/(cn*(1+m2)1/2)

on substituting k=mh above , we have

n/h = (k/h - m1)/c1 +   (k/h - m2)/c2+....                                                                          

n/h = k/h(1/c1 + 1/c2+ .....) - (m1/c1 + m2/c2+ ....)

put A=(1/c1 + 1/c2+ .....)

B=(m1/c1 + m2/c2+ ....)

n/h = A*k/h - B

or n = kA - Bh               this is a straight line

or we can say its locus as Bx-Ay+n=0                                                         

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Analytical Geometry

Line bx+ay =3 ab cuts coordinate axes at A and B. Centroid of triangle OAB?
Let’s find all the vertexes first of triangle OAB
Nishant Vora one month ago
The circle drawn with variable chord x+ay=5 (a being parameter) of the parabola y^2=20x as diameter will touch the line:A) x=-5B) y=-5C) x+y =-5D) x-y+5=0
The chord is the focal chord, because focus (0,5) is satisfied on it. So it always passes through the directrix. Hence x=-5 is the right answer
2017 years ago
ABCD is a rectangle. P and Q are on AB and BC respectively such that the area of triangle APD =5, Area of triangle PBQ=4 and area of triangle QCD=3, area of triangle DPQ is
Your answer is 12. I will post full answer tommorow, I feel sleepy today by the way brilliant question.
Paras Verma 3 months ago
in this triangles the area of dpq is 6 because it is a triangle of inceasing order in such triangles they defer by onlyone so the area is 6
bharath 3 months ago
I think there’s something missing in this question i am getting 3 diffrent equations but i have 4 variables to deal with
Paras Verma 3 months ago
in how many different ways can the letters of the word MATHEMATICS be arranged so that the vowels always come together
11!/2!*2!*2! Further you can amplify this .... This is because mathematics has 11letters and a,m,t are two times ................................
vipin shukla 2 months ago
8!*4!/2!*2!*2! ........................… this is because mathematics has 4vowels and thee will be fixed but they also may arrange by4!/2! And left 7 and this will be considered as one....
vipin shukla 2 months ago
If y=(x^n)log(x). Than find nth order derivative of y.
Find first first order derivative, dy/dx = x^n/x +nx^(n-1)*logx d2y/dx2 = (n-1)x^(n-2) + n[1/x * nx^(n-1) + logx * n(n-1)x^(n-2)] . . . . Genralizing, y(n) = n!/x somthing like that. U can...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Cosxcos(2. 180/3+x)cos(2.180/3-x) what is the max and min value of this equation?
Hii What is this 2 in front of the angles that you have written ??
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
First reduce the eqns by using properties: of 2cosAcosB . Convert them itno singular sin and cos and then write maximum and minimum wwalue altenatively from the Range of sin and cos. which...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn