Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

Prove that an infinite number of triangles can be inscribed in either of the parabolas y^2=4ax and x^2=4by whose sides touch the other

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

For the 2 parabolas: y2=4ax and x2=4by intersect at 2 points

A(0,0) and B[ 4*(ab2)1/3,(4*(a2b)1/3) ]  which lie on common chord y = (a/b)1/3*x

for any general point ( at2,2at) on y2=4ax where t is parameter

and for any general point ( am2,2am) on x2=4ay where m is parameter

there can be infinite points taken on both these parabolas and can form triangles with the common chord

y = (a/b)1/3*x

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Analytical Geometry

A line is such that its segment between the straight lines 5x-y-4=0 and 3x-4y-4=0 is bisected at the point (1,5).obtain the equation
assume the eqn. of line be y = mx + c it has two constants m and c . after passing the points from (1,5) the eqn. becomes, 5 = m + c ….........................................(1) let this...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Tangents PA and PB are drawn to a circle x2+y2=a2 from the point (×1,y1). Equation of circumcircle of triangle PAB is
Since the circumcircle of ∆ PAB, will have the diameter joining P and the centre of the circle x^2+y^2=a^2.i.e.( 0,0)Therefore , the eq. Of the circumcircle is [ x( x-x1) + y(y-y1). ]
Jagan Giri 8 days ago
ABCD is a rectangle. P and Q are on AB and BC respectively such that the area of triangle APD =5, Area of triangle PBQ=4 and area of triangle QCD=3, area of triangle DPQ is
Your answer is 12. I will post full answer tommorow, I feel sleepy today by the way brilliant question.
Paras Verma 3 months ago
in this triangles the area of dpq is 6 because it is a triangle of inceasing order in such triangles they defer by onlyone so the area is 6
bharath 3 months ago
I think there’s something missing in this question i am getting 3 diffrent equations but i have 4 variables to deal with
Paras Verma 3 months ago
how to solve inequality
Look for the range of values of input variable, which will satisfy the inequality. Thanks
Vijay Mukati one year ago
No any trick as such. Use your logic to solve them. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati one year ago
Most of them are based on AM-GM. You can also check the range of functions on both sides and then solve.
Anoopam Mishra one year ago
MATHEMATICS CLASS 11 SETS: For three sets A,B and C, prove that: 1. (AUB)intersection(A intersection B’)=A 2.A-(BUC)=(A-B)intersection(A-C)
Hello student, In first part it should be A- B and not A Please check the question
Nishant Vora one month ago
x+y+z=60 x>3 max value of (x-3)(y+1)(z+5) =? options a-6555,b=9261,c=8985, plz give detail olution
The question seems incomplete as to solve the three variables maximization problem U would need to tell the x y and z relation atleast with two eqns. excludng the inequalities.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn