Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

Find the equation of a circle which passes throught point (1,2) and touches the line y=x+3.The point (3,4) is inside the circle.

5 years ago

Answers : (2)

As you can see many circles are possible and the equation of these circles can be found out by taking a chord parallel to y=x+3 starting with 1,2 and beyond 3,4 and finding the circum circle of end point of these chords and a symmetric point on the line y=x+3

5 years ago

Hi friend

You can see that more than one circles cannot possess this condition.If you try pass pass one more circle having the same point inside itself it will intersect the line at two points.You can try to draw figure on the paper as I have drawn.If you see more than two circles then you can repost your reply.

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Analytical Geometry

Show that the semi latus rectum of the parabola y^2=4ax is the harmonic mean between the segments of any focal chord.
let the coordinates of end points for the focal chord drawn of the parabola be: P(at1^2,2at) and Q (at2^2, 2at2) respectively. SP = a+ at1^2 = > a (1+ t1^2) SQ = a(1 + t2^2) Now write SQ in ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
what is the value of the product of the slopes of the two lines through (1/2,1) and intersecting 2X+Y=3 at a distance 2.828 from(1/2,1)
Line passing through points (1/2, 1) would be: (y – 1) = m (x – 1/2) y = mx – m/2 + 1............(1) 2x + y = 3 …............(2) sove gthe eqns. (1) and (2). get x and y values in terms of...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Sir can you tell the solution of this challenging question? The answer given is ln 8
When you change the 8z part to some y(say), integral should come like ln(8x). I got the formula from wiki. I’m sending yu the page...
KAPIL MANDAL 2 months ago
I think you are talking about Please check your question. This above integral has the value of ln 8. If you get back on this I can help you with the proof
mycroft holmes 2 months ago
This uses a technique called Differentiating under the integral sign. Consider the generalized problem of finding the integral This is a function of a. Now differentiating w.r.t a on both...
mycroft holmes one month ago
trigonometric ratios of sub multiple angles: tan theta
trigonometric ratios of sub multiple angles: tan theta are: tan2A = 2tanA/(1-tan^2A) tanA = root((1-cos2A)/(1+cos2A)) tan3A = (3sinA – 4sin^3A)/(4cos^3A – 3cosA)
Vikas TU one month ago
IF FORCE F=2I+3J+2K and DIsplacement r=3i+4j+5k.find the work done by force.
Dear student, Work done= force dot displacement you just need to take dot product
Nishant Vora 7 months ago
WE KNOW THAT WORK IS A SCALA. THEN WORK W= F.D GIVEN f=2I+3J+2K ;r=3I+4J+5K WE KNOW THAT DOT PRODUCTp { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; } A.B = a 1 a 2 +b 1 b 2 +c 1 c 2 F.D =...
MAHESH 7 months ago
Dear student,Work done= force dot displacementyou just need to take dot product PLEASE APPROVE MY ANSWER
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift