Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

hey i have few questions that i didnt know how to approach

1. A and B are two points(3,4)and(5,-2).Find the co-ordinates of a point such that PA=PB and area of triangle PAB=10

2.Find the equation of the path of a point such that the sum of its distances from the points(0,3)and(0,-3)is 8

3.Find the ratio in which the line segment joining the points (2,3)and (4,5) is divided by the line joining the points (6,8) and (-3,-2)

4.Find the equation of the bisector of angle A of the triangle whose vertices are A(4,3) B(0,0) and C(2,3)

5.Through the point P(3,-5) a line is drawn inclined at 45degree with the positive x-axis.It meets the line x+y-6=0 at the point Q.Find the length PQ

5 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear student,

Let co-ordinates of P be (), then

4+12=68+3=17           ...(i)

Also area of PAB=10

21 (2+8+3)(+6+8=10

3++1=10or -10

3+=9            ...(ii)   or    3+=11        ...(iii)

Solving (i) and (ii), we get               |    Solving (i) and (iii), we get              

=1=6                              |    =5=4

Hence the points is either (-1,6) or (5,4).

Area of the quadrilateral formed by the given points

=21 (35+4+46)(87+3+20)

=142 square units.

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

5 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Analytical Geometry

if line y + x =2 do not intersect any member of circles x^2 + y^2 - ax=0 at two distinct points where a is a parameter , then max. Value of |a+4| is ….......
put y = 2-x into the circle eqn. The quadratic formed would must possess the D less than zero that is to say that their roots should be imaginary for not touching the circles either way....
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Find the coordinates of the orthocentre of the triangle , the equations of whose sides are x+y=2,2x+3y=6,4x-y+4=0 without finding vertices of the triangle.
x + y = 1 2x + 3y = 6 4x - y = 4 WITHOUT FINDING THE COORDS OF ITS VERTICES!!! one way is take teh famiily of straight lines passing through the two lines of the triangle.. THen find the...
Nishant Vora 2 months ago
A line is such that its segment between the straight lines 5x-y-4=0 and 3x-4y-4=0 is bisected at the point (1,5).obtain the equation
assume the eqn. of line be y = mx + c it has two constants m and c . after passing the points from (1,5) the eqn. becomes, 5 = m + c ….........................................(1) let this...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Integration of tanx tna2x tan3x dx please sir , give the answer this question
∫ ( tan x tan 2 x tan 3 x ) d x = ln ( | sec ( 3 x ) | ) 3 − ln ( | sec ( 2 x ) | ) 2 − ln ( | sec x | ) + C Explanation: We can rewrite tan x tan 2 x tan 3 x in a way that is much easier...
Naveen Ak Nair one month ago
solve this vectors of OA=I+J+K ; AB=3I-2J+K; BC=I+2J-2K and CD =2I+J+3K FIND OD VECTOR
p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; } GIVEN VECTORS OA=I+J+K;AB=3I-2J+K;BC=I+2J-2K AND CD=2I+J+3K WE KNOW THAT VECTOR AB =OB-OA 3I-2J+K= OB-( I+J+K) OB=4I-J+2K SIMILARLY BC =OC-OB ...
If 0
Hii the question is unclear s it is not giving any information about gamma angle . Repost and we will reach over to you ASAP. For other queries related to IIT JEE you can contact us at...
Sourabh Singh 24 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn