Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

Find the equation of ellipse whose centre is C(3,4) and focus S(2,3) eccentricity e=1/2[.5] Is this a case of tilted ellipse ? Plz explain the solution

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

The question is very good, but it requires figural explanation which is not possible throw normal forum post.

Here I am giving the general formula to find the equation of an ellipse. Hope you may get a hint to solve the question.

If (a, b) is the focus, e is the eccentricity and lx + my + n = 0 is the equation of directrix, then for any point (x,y) on the ellipse the equation is (x - a)2 + (y - b)2 = e2 (lx + my + n)/ (l2 + n2). 

To get your doubts clear through online interaction with the expert teachers of renowned coaching institutes visit: 

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Analytical Geometry

Line bx+ay =3 ab cuts coordinate axes at A and B. Centroid of triangle OAB?
Let’s find all the vertexes first of triangle OAB
Nishant Vora one month ago
IN TRIANGLE ,ABC the value ogf the following equation … COS( B+2C+3A)+COS(A-B) is
Dear Student, Here you can write, B + 2C + 3A = pi + C + 2A = K(let), so cos(K) = -cos(2A+C), Therefore, now given equation becomes, cos(A-B) – cos (2A+C) now from here you can...
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago
ABCD is a rectangle. P and Q are on AB and BC respectively such that the area of triangle APD =5, Area of triangle PBQ=4 and area of triangle QCD=3, area of triangle DPQ is
Your answer is 12. I will post full answer tommorow, I feel sleepy today by the way brilliant question.
Paras Verma 3 months ago
in this triangles the area of dpq is 6 because it is a triangle of inceasing order in such triangles they defer by onlyone so the area is 6
bharath 3 months ago
I think there’s something missing in this question i am getting 3 diffrent equations but i have 4 variables to deal with
Paras Verma 3 months ago
if Xand Y component of vector A are 4 and 6 metre and the X and Y component of vector A + vector B are 10 and 9 metre calculate the length of vector B and its angle with respect to x-axis.
A=4i+6j A+B=10i+9j so B=6i+3j angle made with x axis=>tan =y/x=3/6=1/2 =tan -1 ½ hence B=6i+3j and angle made with x axis=tan -1 ½
Piyush Behera 3 days ago
Problem 5...................................(just to reach minimum character limit)
Part (a) is simple to disprove. Just arrange the numbers 64, 63,...,57 along the diagonal in descending order (i.e. 64 in a 1,1 , 63 in a 2,2 ,..., 57 in a 8,8 ). That way there will be no...
mycroft holmes 14 days ago
Part (b) Suppose p and q are two such numbers that are interesting in row r and s resp. WLOG p>q Consider p ’ in row s and in the same col as p. Then q>p’>p which is a contradiction. Hence...
mycroft holmes 14 days ago
please solve and say this fastly 0 to infinity 45a/(3+a+at)^4
Dear student Pls mention which quantity is gng from 0 toinfinity . Thanks
Nishant Vora 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts