Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

Is there a formula to find out the circumcentre of a triangle if you know its vertices in the coordinate plane?

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear karthik,

The circumcentre of a triangle is the point which is the center of a circle that includes the vertices of the triangle on its circumference.

Thus, each side of the triangle is a chord of the circle. Since the perpendicular bisector of a chord is a line that goes through the center of the circle, you need to find the equations of the perpendicular bisectors of two of the sides and then find the intersection of those two lines.

Choose two sides and use the midpoint formula to find their midpoints. Then determine the slopes of these same sides and from those, the slopes of lines perpendicular to those sides. This gives you enough information to write the two equations of the perpendicular bisectors. Then you can find the intersection which is the circumcentre (circumcenter).

Please feel free to ask your queries here. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.

Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar  respectively : Click here to download the toolbar..

Askiitians Expert

Sagar Singh

B.Tech, IIT Delhi

6 years ago

let the circumcentre be (x.y) then we know pa2=pb2 and pa2=pc2 and u will get 2equations solve for x and y u will get the circumcentre....

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Analytical Geometry

find the distance A(2,3) measured parallel to the line x-y=5 from the line 2x+y+6=0
given equation x-y=5 and 2x+y+6=0 x=5+y..... eq1 2(5+y)+y+6 10+2y+y+6=0 y=-16/3 and x=-1/3 Now, distance between A and (x,y)is root under (x2-x1) +(y2-y1)2 hence distance =8.05
Muna Kunwar one month ago
I need some help in this question. plz answer if u can. consider a line on z axis (or z axis itself) now shift it 30dgr towards x axis. then 30 dgr towards y axis. plz find the angle from...
Hii You can use vectors form. First the line is in xz plane .Write down its equation in terms of vectors , then the line moves to the 3D plane which can be used again with vectors . In this...
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
sorry sir i am not getting how to use vertor in this quesion can u plz explain me in more detail well thanks for your answer
Ankit Jaiswal 2 months ago
Is 2log(-5) defined ?.explain?
Dear Student, By the defination of the lograthmic, the log function is not defined for the negative values of input variable. i.e. the domain for the log function is the non-negative real...
Vijay Mukati one year ago
By the defination of the lograthmic, the log function is not defined for the negative values of input variable. i.e. the domain for the log function is the non-negative real numbers. Thanks.
manmath 8 months ago
defined as input is -ve But is defined as input is +ve And also
Aakash one year ago
WHAT IS CROSS PRODUCT........................................?
Dear Prasanth, Vectors cross product is defined as the product of magnitudes of two vectors and cosine of the angle between them.
SAI SARDAR 8 months ago
If A1,A2,A3, in AP such that, A1+A5+A10+A15+A20+A24=225, then, A1+A2+A3+...A23+A24 is equal to?
A1,A2,A3, in AP the write in common terms of a and d. .i.e. A1 = a A2 =a+d A3 =a+2d . . A24 = a+23d summing all we get, 4(6a+69d) = > 4*225 = 900 perhaps.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
u can also solve in such way, (A1+A24) +(A5+A20) +(A10+A15)=225. THEREFORE 3(A1+A24)=225 (A1+A24)=75. NOW SUM=24/12(A1+A24) =900
krunal 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 350 off

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn