Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 280 off

Find the equation of family of circles which touch the pair of straight lines : x^2+y^2+2y-1=0

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

x2+y2+2y-1=0,thus (x-0)2+(y+1)2=2

this is a circle,not a pair of straight lines

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Analytical Geometry

The equation x²/(10-a)+y²(4-a)=1 represents an ellipse if 1)a104 3)4
For ellipse its eccentricity should lie between 0 to 1. 1 – (a-4)^2/(a-10)^2 less than 1 and 1 – (a-4)^2/(a-10)^2 greater than zero. On solving separtely with each interval U would get,...
Vikas TU 25 days ago
A square has two of its side on a circle and other two on a tangent to the circle. Find area of square if radius of circle is 5cm.
Two of its SIDE on circle ?????? Pls correct the question Thanks
Nishant Vora 2 months ago
Find the equation of the circle having center in the first quadrant, touching the x – axis, having a common tangent y = √3x +4 with the circle x^2 + y^2 + 4x + 4y + 4 = 0 such that the...
Let the equation of the circle having center in the first quadrant, be x^2 + y^2 + 2gx + 2fy + c = 0......................(1) touching the x – axis, .i.e y = 0 put it in eqn. (1), and and...
Vikas TU 3 months ago
1/sinx =cosec x or integration of 1/x = ln |x|+c where c is arbitari constant so by using this formula integration of i/sinx is ln |sinx +c|
kalyan 4 months ago
sorry made a mistake currect answer is 1/sinx =cosec x integration of cosec(x) is ln|cosec x-cot x|+c where c is arbitari constant....
kalyan 4 months ago
1/sin(x)=cosec (x) the integration of cosec(x) is ln|cosec x-cot x|+c where cis an arbitrary constant
SREEKANTH 4 months ago
Find the unit vector parellal to the vector A=2i+j+k and B=i-k
A cap =(2i+j+k) / root6 and B=(i-k)/ root2 Thanks
Nishant Vora 8 months ago
according to poblem unit vector perpendicular A and B A*B=-i+3j-k A*B=root of 11 n=A*B/A*B -I+3J-K/ROOT OF11
K RAMBABU 8 months ago
hai friends see the answer unit vocter perpendicular A and B A*B=-I+3J-K A*B=ROOT 11 n=a*b/a*b -i+3j-k/root 11
SREEKANTH INDLA 8 months ago
let – 1≤ p ≤1 .Show that the equation 4x 3 -3x-p=0 has a unique root in the interval [-1/2, 1] and identify it. Ans: x= cos {1/3 cos -1 (p)}
Firstly the question is wrong , the interval in which root will be unique is [1/2, 1] instead of [-1/2, 1]. The equation can be written as 4x 3 -3x = p Draw the graph of of function y =...
Ajay 2 months ago
First find f(-0.5) and f(1) in terms of p. And suit the domain for p lyng in [-1,1] and check relation in f(-0.5) and f(1). Next step is to proove the function is continuous and...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 280 off

More Questions On Analytical Geometry

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn