Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 350 off

Find the  ratio in which yz–plane divides the line joining  (2, 4, 5) and (3, 5, 7).? 

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Rishi Khare,

Ans:- On the  YZ plane the X co ordinate is 0. Hence,

let the ratio is p:1

hence the X co ord is=(3p+2)=0

So p= -2:3

Hence the point devides the line in the ratio of 2:3 EXTERNALLY. 

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best  Rishi Khare!!!

Askiitians Experts
Soumyajit Das IIT Kharagpur

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Analytical Geometry

what is the value of the product of the slopes of the two lines through (1/2,1) and intersecting 2X+Y=3 at a distance 2.828 from(1/2,1)
Line passing through points (1/2, 1) would be: (y – 1) = m (x – 1/2) y = mx – m/2 + 1............(1) 2x + y = 3 …............(2) sove gthe eqns. (1) and (2). get x and y values in terms of...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Find the condition that the diagonals of the parallelogram formed by the lines ax+by+c=0 , ax+by=c’=0 , a'x+b'y+c'=0, a'x+b'y+c=0 are at right angles . Also find the equation of diagonals...
I can give U a hint here, Remember paralleogram with diagonal crossing each other at right angke is always a Rhombus. Now if it is rhombus now u know what do next. Equate their lengths....
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Consider to curves ax 2 + 4xy + 2y 2 + x + y + 5 =0 and ax 2 + 6xy + 5y 2 + 2x + 3y + 8 = 0 . These two curves intersect at 4 concyclic points . Find ‘a’
Apply Faamily of circles concept here. that is : S1 + kS2 = 0 and then for the concylic concept it must be a circle. therfore coeff. of xy should be zero and coeff. of x^2 and coeff. of y^2 ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
if AB=A and BA=B then which is correct a) A^2=A b) B^2=B c)A=I d) B=I? chapter matrices
Both options (a) and (b) are correct .A 2 =A & B 2 =B.
Nikhil Upadhyay one year ago
Look options a) and b) are correct showing that options c and d are also correct.see below for explaination. A 2 =A--------->A.A=A------------->A=A -1 .A(taking one of the A to right side...
Nikhil Upadhyay one year ago
Nikhil Upadhyay but why C and D not correct??? if we multiply both side by A inverse.... we will get A=I. ???
rajnish kumar one year ago
find dy/dx if y=e xloga +e alogx +e aloga
since i have told earlier the formula so here y=a x +x a +a a therefore dy/dx=a x log a+ax a-1 +a a log a
Revti Raman one year ago
“X” is wife of” Y” is it transtive?
yaaa!!! it is transitive
Gavvala Ganesh one year ago
RAKESH CHINDAM one year ago
yes it
Ankit Jaiswal 8 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off