Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

if (x2 -5x+3)(y2 +y+1)<2y for all y belongs to the set of real numbers,then set of all values of x is

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Since y2+y+1 is always positive, we can divide by this quantity on both sides to get the inequality

x2 - 5x + 3 < 2y/(y2+y+1) or equivalently x2 - 5x + 3 < 2/(y+1/y+1)

When y is non-negative, min val of RHS is zero.

If y<0 then y + 1/y <=-2 so, y+1/y+1 <=-1 and hence RHS >=-2.

Hence we need x2 - 5x + 3<-2 or x2 - 5x + 5<0 which is easy to solve

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

1)find the least value of 6x 2 -22x+21/5x 2 -18x+17 for real x 2)solve for x (x 2 -4x) 2 – (x-2) 2 – 16 = 0 3)the cartesian product of A*A has 9 elements among which are found (-1,0) and...
6x 2 -22x+21/5x 2 -18x+1 to minimise it maximise the denominator and minimise the numerator simultaneously. Therefore, N(x) = 6x 2 -22x+21 N(x)’ = 12x – 22 N(x)’’ = 12 > 0 .i.e 12 x – 22 =0 ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Dear raghav, plz put your questions in sequence wise at once. At one time post your question as a one time. In that way it would be easy for us to answer sequentially. Thankyou!
Vikas TU 2 months ago
how does it implies that a real number is rational if x ½ is rational?
Please put the complete question. Here no reference is given about x.
Harsh Patodia one month ago
What's idempotent law?. Please explain. Urgent .exams tomorrow!
In Boolean algebra, Idempotent Law states that combining a quantity with itself either by logical addition or logical multiplication will result in a logical sum or product that is the...
dolly bhatia 3 months ago
@ riya Idempotent Law . In Boolean algebra, Idempotent Law states that combining a quantity with itself either by logical addition or logical multiplication will result in a logical sum or...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
The defintion is easily availible on google, may be you should try that more frequently. Idempotent Laws: For any finite set A; (i) A U A = A (ii) A ∩ A = A
Ajay 3 months ago
show that the tangent to y^2= 4ax at (a,-2a) touches the parabola x^2= 4ay.
Differntiate y^2= 4ax, 2y.dy/dx = 4a dy/dx = 2a/y dy/dx = 2a/-2a = -1 Thus for x^2 = 4ay the slope should also come to -1 as they both have a common tangent. Now doing, 2x = 4ady/dx2 dy/dx2 ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Can anyone solve this problem and provide the solution
as x tends to infinty x= x-1 =x+1 f(x)= 1/2( f(x)+ 3/f(x)) f(x)/2 = 3/2f(x) f(x) 2 = 3 Hence b
Harsh Patodia 6 months ago
the answer for your question is square root of three.that will come by solving all the best for your bright future
Prabhakar ch 6 months ago
What is the next number in series 1,3,7,25,103,? (i) 526 (ii) 521 (iii) 515 (iv) 509
I too feel the same but this question has been given in FIITJEE mental ability book for Udaya-I for class 8. In book its answer has been given as 521 but no logic has been given for it. If...
Akshit Khanna one year ago
1 * 1 + 2 =3 3 * 2 + 1=7 7 * 3 + 4=25 25 * 4 + 3=103 103 * 5 + 6=521 521 * 6 + 5=3131 Here the sequence is first multiply by 2 and then add 1 AND in the next number the reverse is following ...
Rudrajyoti Das 3 months ago
I feel that there is some mistake in the question since...there is no relation between the 4 th and 3 rd , 5 th and 4 th .. Please recheck the question.....
Shubham Kamleshbhai Patel one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn