Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

what v hav 2 find the length of the chord which is from from the point of contact of the tangents with the curve for any type of curve.explain with parabolla and ellipse

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
please find the answer to your question below
suppose we have to find the length of chord of parabola y2 =4ax by the tangents from points (x1,y1)
so equation of chord of contact : yy1 = 2a(x+x1)
now find the point of intersection of chord of contact and given parabola
y2 =4a(yy1 - 2ax1)/2a
or y2 -2yy1 +4ax1 =0
let point of intersectaion are (h1,k1) and (h2,k2)
k1 +k2 = 2y1 and k1k2 = 4ax1
now find k1 -k2
and we also know that k12 = 4ah1 and k22 = 4ah2
so k12 -k22 = 4ah1- 4ah2
( k12 -k22 )/4a= h1- h2
so length of chord = √[(h1-h2)2 +(k1-k2)2 ]
put the abovve value u will get length = (y12 -4ax1)(y12 +4a2)/a
2 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

how to solve this please explain in detail and do not ignore me.
your question is very important to us and ans is very important to you i will tell you how to do this
sahil sharma 3 months ago
the image is invalid nc piajlskcnSLIDUCBwpviu WVIJN sdckndsfoIHFIJnfpQHFijnv isddV WUPNVwjefP WVwijvnSIDJVNdsip j vnPWJwipubvwjo vnWP IUBHwobWORHB wpovn
Shubhang Arora 3 months ago
Find the value of : square root of (-3+4i) Sorry this sentence is just to incrase characters.
@Vikas TU please write the correct in place of that solution . again , this line is to incrase the number of characters .
Divyansh Thada one month ago
let square root of (-3+4i) = x + iy squaring both sides, -3 + 4i = x^2 – y^2 +2xyi comparing both sides we get, x^2 – y^2 = – 3................(1) and 2xy = 4 xy = 2...................(2)...
Vikas TU one month ago
if ax²+bx+c is a quadratic equation. IF two persons A and B are there.if A person wrote the constant term c, wrong, he got roots as 8,2. IF B person wrote the coefficient of x² wrong he got...
Hey The quadratic eqn for person A, ------------------(1) Comparing this with the standard form we get, b/a = -10 Now the quadratic Eqn for person B is :- In this the leadingcoefficient is...
Nishant Vora one month ago
in a chess tournament, where the participants are to play one game with one another two player fell ill, having played only 3 games each .If the total numberof games played in the...
OK say there are x players from the start thus x-2 non ill players THe total matches they played with one another is (x-2)(x-3)/2 …..........(because each player will play will every...
Riddhish Bhalodia 9 months ago
x=15 which results in this results in a quadratic as hilet there are x players from the startthus x-2 non ill playersTHe total matches they played with one another is(x-2)(x-3)/2...
manmath 8 months ago
x=15 whic results in this results in a quadratic as hilet there are x players from the startthus x-2 non ill playersTHe total matches they played with one another is(x-2)(x-3)/2...
Ankit Jaiswal 9 months ago
Cosxcos(2. 180/3+x)cos(2.180/3-x) what is the max and min value of this equation?
Hii What is this 2 in front of the angles that you have written ??
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
First reduce the eqns by using properties: of 2cosAcosB . Convert them itno singular sin and cos and then write maximum and minimum wwalue altenatively from the Range of sin and cos. which...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
If f(x) is a polynomial and f:R->R such that f(2x)=f'(x).f''(x). Find f(3).
Here is my attempt to solution, let me know if it is correct........................................................................
Ajay 3 months ago
Suppose that f(x) is an infinite degree polynomial i.e. f(x)=exp(x), and satiesfied the given condition f(2x)=f’(x)f”(x). Thus the value of f(3)=exp(3).
Kumar 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn