Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

1, if in an a.p ,mtm=ntn  then show that tm+n=0

2. if the pth term of an a.p is q and the qth term is p , then find its (p+q) th term.

3. prove that for all finite values of a and b

(a-b)², (a+b)²,a²+b² are in a.p.

4. in the arithmatic  sequence 3,7,11, 15............ and 2,5,8..........each continued to 100 terms ,find how many terms are identical.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear sougata

Ist question is not clear

2nd question:

let first term is =a  and common difference =d

p =a+(q-1)d  ............1

q =a+(p-1)d  ..............2

p-q = (q-p)d

d =-1

put value of d in equation 1

a =p+q -1

now p+q th term  = a+ ( p+q -1)d

= p+q -1 + ( p+q -1)*(-1)

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you
the answer and detailed solution very quickly.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

if the equation ax 2 +bx +c=0 and x 2 +2x+4=0 have a common rootand a,b,,c belongs toN then a:b:c ?
Point to note: For a quadratic equation complex roots are conjugate of each other Equation x 2 +2x+4=0 have complex roots say z1 and z2 and z2 = conjugate(z1) suppose Z1 is root of ax 2 +bx ...
Ajay 2 months ago
I must correct that in this case both equations are not exactly same but the ratio of coeficients for both equation will be same which will give the same answer. a:1 = b:2 = c:4
Ajay 2 months ago
in an ap the first term is 1, if second term, tenth term and thirty-fourth terms forms a GP, then what is the fourth term of the GP series?
here, a1=1 and 2,10,34 are forming gp. so we can write a2= a+d, a10= a+9d, and a34= a+33d. now its given that they are forming gp so by property we can write, (a+9d)square= (a+d)(a+33d)....
krunal 2 months ago
t1 = 1 t2 = 1+d t10 = 1 + 9d t34 = 1 + 33d these are all in G.P. then, t2/t1 = t34/t10 solve for d and thewrite t4 = 1 + 3d thus.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
If (1/2)^x = 3 then how can we write x = -log(base 2) 3
Harsh Patodia one month ago
Show that the semi latus rectum of the parabola y^2=4ax is the harmonic mean between the segments of any focal chord.
let the coordinates of end points for the focal chord drawn of the parabola be: P(at1^2,2at) and Q (at2^2, 2at2) respectively. SP = a+ at1^2 = > a (1+ t1^2) SQ = a(1 + t2^2) Now write SQ in ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
I need some help in this question. plz answer if u can. consider a line on z axis (or z axis itself) now shift it 30dgr towards x axis. then 30 dgr towards y axis. plz find the angle from...
Hii You can use vectors form. First the line is in xz plane .Write down its equation in terms of vectors , then the line moves to the 3D plane which can be used again with vectors . In this...
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
sorry sir i am not getting how to use vertor in this quesion can u plz explain me in more detail well thanks for your answer
Ankit Jaiswal 2 months ago
two sides of a triangle are given by i+j+k and -i+2j+3k then area of triangle is?
apply the formula 1/2l A X B l let given vectors be A,B
noogler one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question