I want to know whether multinomial theorem is there in the syllabus or not. I learnt little bit about it in Permutations and combinations mainly for solving the problems based on finding the number of solutions of the equation. Now that I am studying Binomial Theorem I see that it is given at length along with "Use of Differentiation" (i.e., when binomial coeffs occur as product ) and "Use of Integration"(in numericals where denominator of the binomial coeff exixts). Are all these (multinomial theorem , use of diff, use of integration ) really there in the jee syllabus as nothing specifically by these names has been mentioned in the JEE brochure. Please Clarify the things that come under Properties of Binomial Coefficients and Binomial Theorem (for positive integral index) Thank You

I want to know whether multinomial theorem is there in the syllabus or not. I learnt little bit about it in Permutations and combinations mainly for solving the problems based on finding the number of solutions of the equation. Now that I am studying Binomial Theorem I see that it is given at length along with "Use of Differentiation" (i.e., when binomial coeffs occur as product ) and "Use of Integration"(in numericals where denominator of the binomial coeff exixts). Are all these (multinomial theorem , use of diff, use of integration ) really there in the jee syllabus as nothing specifically by these names has been mentioned in the JEE brochure. Please Clarify the things that come under Properties of Binomial Coefficients and Binomial Theorem (for positive integral index) Thank You

Grade:

1 Answers

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert
148 Points
14 years ago

Dear Gayatri joshi

use of diff, use of integration to find the sum of different binomial series are in syllabus.

you can use it.

multinominal theorem is not in syllabus . but you should learn it ,because question are objective type and by the use of multinominal theorem you can get the answer in less time.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free