where I is integer part of x and 0<= f<1

f(x) =[I+f-1/2]+[I+f+1/2]+2[-I-f]

=I +[f-1/2] + I +[f+1/2]  -2I +2[-f]

case 1    0=< I <1/2

f(x)= -1 +0 -2   =-3

case 2    1/2=< I <1

f(x)  = 0 +1 -2  =-1

so range is  -1 and -3

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
 If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

let A1, A2, A3 ......An, be the vertices of an n sided regular polygon inscribed in a circle of radius R. If (A1A2)^2+ (A1A3)^2 +.......+ (A1An)^2 = 14(R)^2. Find n.
U need to use the theorem property which states, a/2 = R*sin(pi/n) where a is te length of polygon and R is the circumradius.
Vikas TU one month ago
how many times we should apply derivative in multiple roots?
If there are n roots so derviatives can be applied till n-1 times. Please specify the proper question. So that I can guide you properly.
Harsh Patodia one month ago
in how many ways the letters of the word 'Arrange' can be arranged so that 2A's are separated by exactly 2 letters
If we see the case, you can shift the 2 A`s upto 4 places from the left. For each case, the other 4 letters can be arranged in their places in 4! Ways. And the 2 A`s can arrange in 2! Ways...
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
Sorry, my mistake. There are 5 letters remaining. Then the correct no. of permutations is 4*5! = 480. The case of 2! Is not applicable as both are same letters.
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
Discuss continuity of f(x)=(x-a)sin1/(x-a) when x#a0 when x=a. AT x=a
at exact x=a the function is not defined. but the left hand limit (LHL) at x=a gives a very small negative number and RHL give a very small positive number. Hence the function is...
Shahzeb Rizvi 5 months ago
What is trigonometric function period? Explain it with an example.
Already explained. Check your previous question. Here Period is associated with Time Period. ANd all trignometrc functions have generally period of 2pi.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
if i,j,k is an orthonormal system of vectors, a is a vector and a cross i +2a-5j=0 then a=
let a = xi + yj + zk then the equation this implies x = 0, y = 2z thus 5z – 5 = 0 => z = 1 and y = 2 thus
Riddhish Bhalodia 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 440 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn