Number of words of 4 letters that can be formed with the letter of the word IITJEE is...............

Number of words of 4 letters that can be formed with the letter of the word IITJEE is...............

Grade:12

14 Answers

Maruthi Sirisilla
38 Points
10 years ago

the answer is 468

Anshuman Chandel
24 Points
10 years ago
shetti swamy patel
38 Points
10 years ago

answer is 256

shubham sharma
27 Points
10 years ago

Ans. Is 14!!!

» four distinct letters= (4C4)

»Of form (aabb)= (2C1).(4C2)

»Of form aabc= (2C2)

So 0n adding it comes 14.

revathy t.nair
18 Points
10 years ago

is that 6*6*6*6=1296? is that the answer?

Sandeep Trivedi
15 Points
10 years ago

jitender lakhanpal
62 Points
10 years ago

there will be following cases

1) words form by letters I,T,J,E

we will use permutation

4! =24

2) words form by only I,I,E,E

there would be following arrangement

IIEE   another word by flipping the letters I,E

IEEI another word by flipping the letters

EIEI  another word by flipping the letters

it makes total of 6

3) words formed by 2 I''S T,J,E

first select 2 places out of four so we use combination

3C2  and then arrange 3 letters in 2 places

so finally we get

4C2*6 = 36

4) words formed by 2 E''S  AND T,J,E

so again 36

so add all cases you will get the answer

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

Now you score 5+15 POINTS by uploading your Pic and Downloading the Askiitians Toolbar : Click here to download the toolbar.. 

Thanks and Regards

Jitender

(askIITians expert)

Krrish .
16 Points
10 years ago
ashwin26
22 Points
10 years ago
IITJEE Can be written as " II ", "T" , "J" , "EE" here there are two sets of repeated combinations(I,J) .now the four letter words can be categorised into (i)two similar,another two similar 2C1*(4!/(2!*2!)) ways. (ii)two similar , 1 different , another different 2C1*(3C2)*(4!/2!) ways (iii)All different 4! ways so the total number of 4 letter words= 12+72+24=108
GOPI
36 Points
10 years ago
KARTHIK
38 Points
10 years ago
there will be following cases 1) words form by letters I,T,J,E we will use permutation 4! =24 2) words form by only I,I,E,E there would be following arrangement IIEE another word by flipping the letters I,E IEEI another word by flipping the letters EIEI another word by flipping the letters it makes total of 6 3) words formed by 2 I``S T,J,E first select 2 places out of four so we use combination 3C2 and then arrange 3 letters in 2 places so finally we get 4C2*6 = 36 4) words formed by 2 E``S AND T,J,E so again 36 so add all cases you will get the answer
venkatesh vadde
40 Points
10 years ago
venkatesh vadde
40 Points
10 years ago
no restriction means digits can be repeated if first place is filled by I then possible arrangements are 5!/2! if first place is filled by T then possible arrangements are 5!/(2!*2!) if first place is filled by J then possible arrangements are 5!/(2!*2!) if first place is filled by E then possible arrangements are 5!/2! total no of arrangements are 60+30+30+60=180
goutham
21 Points
8 years ago

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free