Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

Five persons entered the lift cabin on the ground floor of an 8 - floor house. Suppose each of them can leave the cabin independently at any floor beginning with the first. Find the total no. of ways in which all the five persons can leave the cabin at different floors.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Sanchit Gupta

1st  person can leave at any of seven floors in 7 ways

2nd  person can leave at any of seven floors in 6 ways

3rd person can leave at any of seven floors in 5 ways

4th person can leave at any of seven floors in 4 ways

5th person can leave at any of seven floors in 3 ways

total ways =7*6*5*4*3 =2520

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
 If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

Prove that log(ab)x = log(a)x*log(b)x/{log(a)x + log(b)x}
in RHS use the property of base change. in numerator and denominator both. Then in Denominator take LCM and solve it. U would get the LHS.
Vikas TU one month ago
Given the three circles x 2 +y 2 -16x+60=0, 3x 2 +3y 2 -36x+81=0,x 2 +y 2 -16x-12y+84=0,find (i)the point from which the tangents to them are equal in length and (ii)this length.
let that point be (h.k) Now we know that Length of tangent is given by root(S1) So length of tangent to circle 1 is root(h2+k2-16h+60) Similarily for other two and then equate all the...
Nishant Vora one month ago
The radical axis of two circles has the property that the tangents drawn from a point on it to both the circles will have the same length. Radical axis equation quite naturally is S 1 =S 2...
mycroft holmes one month ago
Can you plz explain it clearly to me to understand?? thanking you Sir..............................................................................................................
Hansraj Gyanendra Singh Rajawat one month ago
Where can I get solutions of ml khanna or A das gupta?
@ pratyay there is a separate book coming , on the name of SOLUTION TO PROBLEMS IN IIT MATHS BY A DAS GUPTA , by bharti bhawan , just take it , it explained each and every ques of a das...
Umakant biswal 29 days ago
I can`t solve it i tried 1000 times i think i need help so please solve it quickly
I solved similar problem for another user, refer to link below
Ajay 2 months ago
Sorry, But your question is blurred in the attachment. Plz write it on discusion forum by typing if u can do this.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Ramu and Rehan appeared for summative assessment examination in the month of September. Their academic session started in the month of April. After how many months of the start of the...
Dear Student, According to given conditions, after 5 months the examination was started. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati 7 months ago
April, May, June, July, Aug i.e. 5months
Harsh Patodia 7 months ago
if a rod of length 4units moves horizontally along a circle then locus os of the rod
Pls check the question
Nishant Vora 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question