Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

I have got the answer of the question which satisfies the condition given, but its not actually the answer, the question is:-

log(ax) - 2log(x+1) = 0 . What is the value of a for which the above equation has exactly 1 root?

The answer which I got is 4. It satisfies the quadratic as well as log. But the teacher cut the whole marks. I dont know the answer, since it was the test paper of my friend and he had got no marks for getting 4. The question is of 8 marks, so it shouldnt be that easy. Please help me.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear avijit

log(ax) - 2log(x+1) = 0

for this

ax>0   and x+1>0

lets solve

log(ax) - 2log(x+1) = 0

or ax= (x+1)2

or x2 + x(2-a) +1=0

for unique solution discrimnent must be zero

which give a=0 or 4

but ax>0 so a can't be zero

for a=4   x=1 is solution

which satisfy the given equation

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

if a>0 ,b>0 ,c>0 and the maximum value of a(b 2 +c 2 ) +b(c 2 +a 2 ) +c(a 2 +b 2 ) is X abc ,then X is (a) 2 (b) 1 (c)6 (d) 3
From AM-GM inequality with equality when b=c. Repeat this for the other two terms and add and you will get RHS with equality when a=b=c
mycroft holmes 2 months ago
For Maximum value, of a(b 2 +c 2 ) +b(c 2 +a 2 ) +c(a 2 +b 2 ) every term needs to be maximum. = > that is considering a b c be triangle sides with a as hypotenuse for maximum for a(b 2 +c...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
If A1,A2,A3, in AP such that, A1+A5+A10+A15+A20+A24=225, then, A1+A2+A3+...A23+A24 is equal to?
A1,A2,A3, in AP the write in common terms of a and d. .i.e. A1 = a A2 =a+d A3 =a+2d . . A24 = a+23d summing all we get, 4(6a+69d) = > 4*225 = 900 perhaps.
Vikas TU 3 months ago
u can also solve in such way, (A1+A24) +(A5+A20) +(A10+A15)=225. THEREFORE 3(A1+A24)=225 (A1+A24)=75. NOW SUM=24/12(A1+A24) =900
krunal 2 months ago
how to solve this please explain in detail and do not ignore me.
your question is very important to us and ans is very important to you i will tell you how to do this
sahil sharma 3 months ago
the image is invalid nc piajlskcnSLIDUCBwpviu WVIJN sdckndsfoIHFIJnfpQHFijnv isddV WUPNVwjefP WVwijvnSIDJVNdsip j vnPWJwipubvwjo vnWP IUBHwobWORHB wpovn
Shubhang Arora 3 months ago
∫1/x*√(x-1)/(x+1) dx=______?_______ Sir,pls tell me the detailed solution of this as soon as possible.thank u in advance...
Please find the answer, this could be easily solved if you know differentaition of inverse trignometric functions
Ajay 3 months ago
I think the question is under different calculus so you must be asking differentition of sinx .so ans is cos x.
Raghu Vamshi Hemadri one year ago
I think the question is under different calculus so you must be asking differentition of sinx .so ans is cos x.
Nikhil Upadhyay one year ago
ask question properly
SHANMUKESHWAR one year ago
What’s the Geometrical interpretation of integrals? And what’s the physical significance of C?
Geometrical interpretation of indefinite integral Let f (x) = 2x. Then ∫ f (x) dx = x 2 + C. For different values of C, we get different integrals. But these integrals are very similar...
Vikas TU 4 months ago
one unit along y-axis in the negative direction. Thus, for each positive value of C, each parabola of the family has its vertex on the positive side of the y-axis and for negative values of ...
SREEKANTH 4 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn