Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off

Can you please explain the differencs between argument & principal value of a complex number?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear nilandri sarkar

principle value of an argumnet is a perticular value of argumnet that lies between  

-pi< prinipal argu <= +pi

for example

let a complex number  z=1+i

=√2(cos pi/4 +i sin pi/4)

= √2(cos (2npi+pi/4) +i sin (2n pi pi/4))   here n is intiger

here argument can be any value  for differen value of n

but principle argument value  is pi/4      lies -pi< prinipal argu <= +pi

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best.
Askiitians Experts

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

if the roots of the equation ax^2 +bx +c=0 be (k+1)/k k+2/k+1 then (a+b+c)^2
(a+b+c)^2 = m Take a^2 common then it would it become: (1 – (-b/a) + (c/a) )^2 = m/a^2. and also figure out as: |x – y| = (b^2 – 4ac)/a^2 as one eqn. where x and y be roots. write sum of...
Vikas TU one month ago
Sir can you tell me the solution of this complex number question in the attachment? The answer is A,D
Several ways to approach this: Write where So since Hence So either z is purely imaginary or z=0. (z=0 is possible when z 1 =-z 2 which is permitted with the restrictions mentioned in the...
mycroft holmes 2 months ago
put z1 = x1 +iy1 and'z2 = x2 + iy2 simple and also thiss is given as: (x1)^2 + (y1)^2 = (x2)^2 + (y2)^2. Us ethis info.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
The minimum value of |2z-1| + |3z-2| is …..........?
We can write the expression as which by triangle inequality Now, the equality occurs when z is any real numbers that lies in the interval [1/2, 2/3] Its now clear that among these if we set ...
mycroft holmes one month ago
what is the lenght of subtangent in the term of differential quotients of any general curve...
Let tangent and normal to a parabola at a point P(x1,y1) be extended to meet the axis of the parabola at N and T respectively. PT is termed the length of the tangent. PN is termed the length...
Harsh Patodia 8 months ago
1)If (1,a) , (3,9a) , (4,b) , (6,18) are collinear then (a,b/a)= A.(6,13) B.(6/7,13) C.(6/7,13/7) D.(21,13) 2)If A,B,C are collnear points A=(3,4) , B=(7,7) and AC = 10 then C = A.(5,2)...
Hii 1) find out their slopes and equate for all the pair of points . You will get the answer 2) Just equate the value of slope m = (y2-y1)/(x2-x1). You will get the answer
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
sir could u pls solve the circled questions in this image the answers are 3,3,2 (correct options) but pls tell me the procedure
Answer for question 87 . will try to post answers for other question im separate posts…...............................
Ajay 3 months ago
Answer for question 88........................................................................................
Ajay 3 months ago
Ajay 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 440 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question