Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: CART20

At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
P(C)=P(C∣G)P(G)+P(C∣Gc)P(Gc)=(1)(0.6)+(0.2)(0.4)=0.68
This is then used to update the inspector's belief in the suspect's guilt posterior to discovering that the suspect does have that characteristic.
P(G∣C)=(P(G)P(C∣G))/P(C)
=1(0.6)/0.68
=0.882
So the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair is 0.882
one year ago

Post Your Answer

Sir , Which book should I follow to do quadratic equations of a very good level ?

my suggestion is you should follow r.d shrma maths book. and also you follow your follow online websites and follow model papers from eenadu eduction and skshi education

PASUPULETI GURU MAHESH 2 months ago

“JEE TRAINERS”IS GOOD FOR UNDERSTANDING QUADRATIC EQUATIONS. IT IS EASY TO UNDERSTAND.AND ANOTHER SOURCE IS ALZEBRA. CONNECT WITH THESE. UNDERSTAND WELL ALL THE BEST

ULFAT 2 months ago
what is algebra ? where it is useful ? why we want to know about this?

Dear Sai Sardar, Algebra is the branch of mathematics which deals with the calculus,limits and continuities.....................................

SREENIVAS 3 months ago

algebra: algebra is the language through which we describe patterns . think of it is a shortland , of sorts, as opposed to having to do something over and over again, algebra is use of a...

raj kumar 4 months ago

Algebra: algebra is the language through which we describe patterns . think of it is a shortland , of sorts, as opposed to having to do something over and over again, algebra is use of a...

Prabhakar ch 5 months ago
number of values of x belongs to N for which x 4 +4 is prime. plz help me out

If x is even then obviously the number is not prime Hence the unit place of x should be 1,3,5,7,9 and for unit place 1,3,7,9 x 4 has unit place = 1 and hence x 4 +4 will have unit place =5...
  img
Riddhish Bhalodia one month ago

x 4 +4 = (x 2 +2x+2)(x 2 -2x+2) The first factor is at least 3 when x is natural. The second factor equals 1 only when x=1. Checking back we see that when x=1, the expression equals 5 which ...

mycroft holmes one month ago

Thanks sir, But i did not get why for units place as 5 x 4 +4 will not be prime?? What i think is that when we pu the units place as 5 we will get the ans with the unit 9 which can be prime

Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
if equation (5x-1)^2+(5y-2)^2=(p^2-2y+1)(3x+4y-1)^2 represents an ellipse then P =? options- (0,1), (0,2) (1,2) or (0,1)U(1,2)

I think it should be p^2-2p+1
  img
Nishant Vora one month ago

hi............ i think the answer is (1,2) because it is ellipse, ellipse general formulae is (x^2/a)+(y^/b)=1 from that eq. we got the answer

mohan one month ago
How to find equation of line of intersection of any two planes?

Just equate two planes or subtract them and write P1 -P2 =0 where P1 and P2 are planes
  img
Harsh Patodia 2 months ago
(1+sint ) ( 1 + cost ) = 5 / 4 Find the value of ( 1 - sint ) ( 1 - cost ).

, and adding . Completing the square on the left in the variable gives Subtracting twice this from our original equation

Ajaiy Prabhu one month ago

My solution disappeared!! Hint: sin t cos t = ½ [(sin t + cost) 2 -1]. So use substitution sin t +cos t = y, and solve for y. Required expression is 5/4 – 2y

mycroft holmes 8 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: int40

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: CART20

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts