ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
P(C)=P(C∣G)P(G)+P(C∣Gc)P(Gc)=(1)(0.6)+(0.2)(0.4)=0.68
This is then used to update the inspector's belief in the suspect's guilt posterior to discovering that the suspect does have that characteristic.
P(G∣C)=(P(G)P(C∣G))/P(C)
=1(0.6)/0.68
=0.882
So the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair is 0.882
9 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
what is the method to find range.

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below Method 1 of 4: Finding the Range of a Function Given a Formula 1 Write down the formula.Let's say the formula you're...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 8 months ago

Yugabrat Gogoi 8 months ago
the position o the vectors A,B,C of a triangle are i-j-3k, 2i+j-2k and -5i+2j-6k respectively.the length of the bisector AD of the angle BAC where D is on the line segment BC,is 1-15/2 2-¼...

if this is not the answer then please post the solution .. but think this is a correct approach

abhidon3 6 months ago

see as AD is internal bisector o angle BAC , it ( that is the point D ) will divide BD and DC in the ratio of AB/AC i.e 1:3 . now using the division formula get the cordinate of D . and find...

abhidon3 6 months ago
Given: [a/(b+c)] + [b(a+c)] + [c/(a+b)] = 1 Then What is the Value of : [a 2 /(b+c)] + [b 2 (a+c)] + [c 2 /(a+b)] ?

Hello student, Please find the response to your question below I think there is some data missing or some mistake in your question. whether it is b(a+c) or b/a+c also it is b 2 (a+c) or b 2...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 9 months ago

We have (a+b+c)[ (a/b+c) + (b/c+a) + (c/a+b) ] = a^2/(b+c)+b^2/(c+a)+c^2/(a+b) + (a+b+c) Hence if (a/b+c) + (b/c+a) + (c/a+b) =1, the equation becomes a+b+c = a^2/(b+c)+b^2/(c+a)+c^2/(a+b) +...

mycroft holmes 9 months ago

Sir, Thankyou for the response so that i could post the accurate question as follows: [a/(b+c)] + [b / (a+c)] + [c/(a+b)] = 1 Then What is the Value of : [a 2 /(b+c)] + [b 2 / (a+c)] + [c 2...

Hari Eeshwar 9 months ago
I made a circle in attachment …. .here theta = cos-1 x ...Lekin usne fir bhi theta ki value nhi rakhi ….wo theta ki value rakh ke bhi to x ke respect differential kar sakta tha …..please...

GIVEN QUESTION IS TO BE SOLVED USING THE CONCEPT OF PARMETRIC EQUATIONS.IF HE WOULD HAVE PLACED THE VALUE OF THETA AS cos-1x THE SOLUTION WOULD HAVE BECAME MUCH MORE COMPLICATED BUT THE...

siddharth gupta 10 months ago

No siddharth answer is not same check it bro

milind 10 months ago

If anybody there then help

milind 10 months ago
integrate the following integral ∫ cos^4 (2x) dx

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below
  img
Jitender Singh 9 months ago

i=∫cos 4 x i=∫ cos4x+1/2> 2 i=1/4×∫1+cos 2 4x+2cos4x i=1x/4 +1/4 i=1/2

pavansai 8 months ago
The angle between directions of forces vector A

The question is kind of incomplete or it is missing some additional information or an attached image. Please upload the image if you missed it or any information which you forgot to give.
  img
Aziz Alam 22 days ago
View all Questions »