ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
P(C)=P(C∣G)P(G)+P(C∣Gc)P(Gc)=(1)(0.6)+(0.2)(0.4)=0.68
This is then used to update the inspector's belief in the suspect's guilt posterior to discovering that the suspect does have that characteristic.
P(G∣C)=(P(G)P(C∣G))/P(C)
=1(0.6)/0.68
=0.882
So the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair is 0.882
7 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
h

Given: [a/(b+c)] + [b(a+c)] + [c/(a+b)] = 1 Then What is the Value of : [a 2 /(b+c)] + [b 2 (a+c)] + [c 2 /(a+b)] ?

Hello student, Please find the response to your question below I think there is some data missing or some mistake in your question. whether it is b(a+c) or b/a+c also it is b 2 (a+c) or b 2...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 7 months ago

We have (a+b+c)[ (a/b+c) + (b/c+a) + (c/a+b) ] = a^2/(b+c)+b^2/(c+a)+c^2/(a+b) + (a+b+c) Hence if (a/b+c) + (b/c+a) + (c/a+b) =1, the equation becomes a+b+c = a^2/(b+c)+b^2/(c+a)+c^2/(a+b) +...

mycroft holmes 7 months ago

Sir, Thankyou for the response so that i could post the accurate question as follows: [a/(b+c)] + [b / (a+c)] + [c/(a+b)] = 1 Then What is the Value of : [a 2 /(b+c)] + [b 2 / (a+c)] + [c 2...

Hari Eeshwar 7 months ago
question is in image

Let log(4-x)= a and log(x + 1/2)=b Above equation becomes a2 + ab – 2b2 = a2 + 2ab- ab – 2b2 = a( a + 2b) – b(a +2b) = (a-b)(a+2b) a=b or a= -2b Put values and you can...
  img
Harsh Patodia 6 months ago
Find all real values of m for which the inequalty mx 2 - 4x + 3m + 1 >0 is satisfied for all positive x. Hint : THE GIVEN EXPRESSION IS +VE ONLY AND ONLY FOR POSTIVE x.

Hello Student, Please find the solution The value of this quadratic is always positive (>0) So graph will always be above x-axis therefore the condition will be :- D>0 and a>0...
  img
Nishant Vora 6 months ago
Given planes P1: cy+bz=x P2 : az+cx =y P3: bx+ay=z P1, P2 and P3 pass through one line, if (A) a 2 +b 2 +c 2 =ab+bc+ca (B) a 2 +b 2 +c 2 +2abc=1 (C)a 2 +b 2 +c 2 =1 (D) a 2 +b 2 +c 2...

The answer to your question is B) a 2 +b 2 +c 2 +2abc=1. I’ve got it using a bit long method so try to solve it with any better and easier one. I used the concept of family of Planes.What I...

Yash Jain one month ago
if cos a + cos b = c, sin a + sin b= d and a-b = 2 theta, then cos 3 theta / cos theta is

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below cos a + cos b = c sin a + sin b= d a-b = 2 theta use CosC + CosD = 2Cos[(C+D)/2]Cos[(C-D)/2] SinC + SinD =...
  img
Nishant Vora 6 months ago
please explain fully …...please …...hey image attached please tell the method which is used in solution …..please sir .maam …..please anyone …...

Ans: Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below [] is greatest integer function. [t] = 0, 0 <=t < 1 [t] = 1, 1 <= t < 2 Now looking at the problem in hand There...
  img
Jitender Singh 6 months ago
View all Questions »