Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: MOB20

At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
P(C)=P(C∣G)P(G)+P(C∣Gc)P(Gc)=(1)(0.6)+(0.2)(0.4)=0.68
This is then used to update the inspector's belief in the suspect's guilt posterior to discovering that the suspect does have that characteristic.
P(G∣C)=(P(G)P(C∣G))/P(C)
=1(0.6)/0.68
=0.882
So the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair is 0.882
one year ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

How to show that the group ( Z 4 , + 4 ) is isomorphic to ( i , *) ?

first you have to show that there exist an homomorphisim from( Z4, + 4 ) to( i , *) after that if this homomorphisim is a monomorphisim as well as an epimorphisim i.e.,homomorphisim is...
  img
Arif Hossain 3 months ago

Take the mapping n -----> i n . where n is an integer. Its easy to check that its a homomorphism with kernel 4Z. Hence, by the first isomorphism theorem the coset Z/4Z i.e. Z 4 is...

mycroft holmes 3 months ago
1=5,2=10,3=15,4=20,5=?

5 = 1 because 1 = 5

kalyan 9 months ago

5=1

venky 9 months ago

charan 9 months ago
what is a domain and range give some examples?what is a bijection

Hello Sivagiri Guravaia:- Bijection:-Bijection means both Injective and Surjective together. So there is a perfect "one-to-one correspondence" between the numbers of the sets.

Gaddam Chethan 6 months ago

MR sivagiri guravaia The domain is the set of of all possible x-values which will make the function work.The difference between the highest and lowest values is called range. BIJECTION:The...

Prabhakar ch 5 months ago

MR sivagiri guravaia: The domain is the set of of all possible x-values which will make the function work.The difference between the highest and lowest values is called range. BIJECTION:The ...

N JYOTHEESWAR 6 months ago
COS 120

bashaahmmad 9 months ago

cos120 = cos (180 – 60) = – cos60 (:. cos(180 – ∂) = cos∂ ) = – ½When an angle lies in second or third quadrant, then cos is always negative but cos is always positive in fourth quadrant of...

Himanshu one month ago

SHANMUKESHWAR 9 months ago
what is todays special?and what is main purpose of that?

TODAY IS WORLDS SLEEP DAY BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT IS THE SPECALITY OF THE DAY. IF YOU KNOW THEN SEND TO ME TOO

GEETHA 3 months ago
Hi Friends, Do you all know that askiitians has launched self study courses at negligible price along with discount of 30% so that we students can get help in our studies. These lectures...

These self-study packages are actually free to the enrolled students!! The test papers and video solutions given are brilliant and super helpful :D

Kalyani Jayachandran Menon 11 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 440 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts