At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Find all real numbers A , B such that the function f (x) = A.2^x + B, satisfies the conditions f ' (1) = 2 and integral of f (x)dx = 7. where upper limit is 3 , lower limit is 0

Differentiate the function : f`(x) = 2A f`(1) = 2A = 2 Hence, A = 1 Integrate the function : Ax^2 + Bx : 0 to 3 = 7 9A + 3B = 7 9 + 3B = 7 B = -2/3 Thanks Bharat Bajaj askiitians faculty IIT...
  img
bharat bajaj 4 months ago

Given f(x)=A.x^2+B, integration of f(x)=7 differentiate on both sides f`(x)=2*x*A, But f`(1)=2 Therefore f`(1)=1*2*A 2=2A Hence,A=1 Integrate the function:f(x)=A.x^2+B with limits 0 to 3...

Pushkar Aditya 4 months ago

Given f(x)=A.x^2+B, integration of f(x)=7 differentiate on both sides f`(x)=2*x*A, But f`(1)=2 Therefore f`(1)=1*2*A 2=2A Hence,A=1 Integrate the function:f(x)=A.x^2+B with limits 0 to 3...

chaitnyakishore 4 months ago
If (1/b+c) +(1/c+a)=(2/a+b) find a^2+b^2 please give the solution.

Take LCM , (2c+a+b)/(a+c)(b+c) = 2/a+b Cross multiply: a^2 + b^2 + 2ab + 2bc + 2ac = 2bc + 2ab + 2c^2 + 2ac This gives, a^2 + b^2 = 2. c^2 Thanks Bharat Bajaj IIT Delhi askiitians faculty
  img
bharat bajaj 3 months ago

Take LCM , (2c+a+b)/(a+c)(b+c) = 2/a+b Cross multiply: a^2 + b^2 + 2ab + 2bc + 2ac = 2bc + 2ab + 2c^2 + 2ac This gives, a^2 + b^2 = 2. c^2 Thanks Bharat Bajaj askiitians faculty IIT Delhi
  img

Take LCM , (2c+a+b)/(a+c)(b+c) = 2/a+b Cross multiply: a^2 + b^2 + 2ab + 2bc + 2ac = 2bc + 2ab + 2c^2 + 2ac This gives, a^2 + b^2 = 2. c^2

R1312467 3 months ago
Check the monotonicity of f (x) = x sin x in (0, p/2).

f'(x)=sinx+xcosx f'(x)>0 between (0,pi/2) hence the function is monotonically increasing. Sher Mohammad B.Tech, IIT Delhi
  img
Sher Mohammad 4 months ago

f(x)= x/sinx df/dx = (sinx - xcosx)/ (sinx)^2 A function is monotonic if it is either increasing or decreasing in the given range. Hence, check the sign of df/dx. df/dx = (tanx -...
  img

Thanks & Regards Parvez Ali askIITians Faculty
  img
Parvez ali 4 months ago
f(x).f(y)=f(x+y) find f(x)

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 17 days ago
This is a multiple answer question let a and b be two non null vectors such that |a+b|=|a-2b| . Then the value of |a|/|b| May be : (a) 1/4 (b) 1/8 (c) 1 ( d) 2. Pls solve the question in...

open the mod like this a+b = +( a=2b) i.e a+b = a-2b which is not possible because b is non null vector. or a+b = -(a-2b) so a/b = 1/2 Thanks Ruchi , Askiitians faculty
  img
ruchi yadav 4 months ago
The vectors 2i+3j,5i+6j and 8i+(lamda)j have intial points at (1,1).The value of lamda so that the vectors terminate on one straight line is?

3i+4j,6i+7j and 9i+(lambda+1)j lie on the same straight line. ((7-4)/(6-3))=(((lambda+1)-4)/(9-3))

Chetan Mandayam Nayakar one year ago
View all Questions »