At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
P(C)=P(C∣G)P(G)+P(C∣Gc)P(Gc)=(1)(0.6)+(0.2)(0.4)=0.68
This is then used to update the inspector's belief in the suspect's guilt posterior to discovering that the suspect does have that characteristic.
P(G∣C)=(P(G)P(C∣G))/P(C)
=1(0.6)/0.68
=0.882
So the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair is 0.882
2 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Find the greatest term in the expansion of (7-5x)^2 where x=2/3 Please explain the steps. Thankyou in advance.

Hello Student. Please find the solution (7-5x)^2 = 49 + 25x^2 – 70x so first term = 49 second term = -70*2/3 third term = 25 x^2 = 25*4/9 = 11.11 So 49 is greatest...
  img
Nishant Vora 10 days ago

Sorry sir.. i am extremely sorry.. Actually i typed in the wrong question.. it was (7-5x)^11, where x=2/3.. I am extremely sorry once again. Sir please give me the correct answer for this.

Swagat Bordoloi 10 days ago
For what values of a does the equation (2-x)(x+1)=a posses real and positive roots ? Please provide the solution ( The given soln is ( 2 , 17/4 ).Is it correct ???)

i Have applied D>=0 , -b/2a>0 and f(0)>0 but still not getting the answer

piyush soni one month ago

i Have applied D>=0 , -b/2a>0 and f(0)>0 but still not getting the answer

i have got ( 2 , 9/4 ]

triangle ABC is a right angled triangle at C. If D is mid point of bc then prove that ; AB 2 =4AD 2 -3AC 2

look sakshi, please solve this problem by drawing a neat diagram. it is given that triangle ABC is a right angled triangle right angled at C and D is the mid point of bc . by applying...

kaushik kashyap 11 days ago
What is magnitude? Give me full detail about this.

Magnitude refers to the real no. value. eg. magnitude of 3i+4j+2k = root (3^2+4^2+2^2) = root(29) = 5.38

G Ashwin - one year ago

Magnitude is defined as the value of a physical quantity.For example if a body is travelling with a speed of 5m/s,then the magnitude of the speed is 5.Magnitude is often represented like...

Karan Malhotra 2 years ago

our teacher say that magnitude is not size or length.He want to talk with you.Please give me your mobile number or full detail about magnitude, that satisfy our teacher.

vikash kumar one year ago
please solve this question image attached

img
Nishant Vora one month ago
Image attached . Find condition that equation shown in image has local minima at certain x belonging to R-

f’(x)= 3x 2 + 2ax+ b this eqauation will have real roots means there will be a local minima if d>=0 d= a 2 – 12 b=0 or greater than 0
  img
Sher Mohammad 3 months ago
View all Questions »