ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
                   At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
P(C)=P(C∣G)P(G)+P(C∣Gc)P(Gc)=(1)(0.6)+(0.2)(0.4)=0.68
This is then used to update the inspector's belief in the suspect's guilt posterior to discovering that the suspect does have that characteristic.
P(G∣C)=(P(G)P(C∣G))/P(C)
=1(0.6)/0.68
=0.882
So the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair is 0.882
6 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Find an AP whose first term is unity and the second , tenth and 34th term form a GP

For AP a=1 2nd term(AP) = a+d =1st term of (GP)= b1 10th term(AP) = a+9d =2nd term of (GP)=b2 34th term(AP) = a+33d =3rd term of (GP)=b3 For a GP (b2)^2 = b1*b3 Put the values, form a...
  img
Ravi 4 months ago
Three terms in Harmonic Progression. If the third terms decreas by four it is Arithmetic Progression. If the third terms decrease by 3 they are in Geometric Progression. Find the three...

Let the HP be 1/a ; 1/b; 1/c So a,b,c are in AP (i) If third term of the HP is decreased by 4, i.e. 1/c-4, it makes an AP (ii) If third term of the HP is decreased by 3, i.e. 1/c-3, it makes...
  img
Ravi 3 months ago

Let the HP be 1/a ; 1/b; 1/c So a,b,c are in AP (i) If third term of the HP is decreased by 4, i.e. 1/c-4, it makes an AP (ii) If third term of the HP is decreased by 3, i.e. 1/c-3, it makes...
  img
Ravi 3 months ago
question is in image

The given equation can be written in the form: Now is defined for . So, Solving these two we get …......................(1) To solve , assume left hand side as and right hand side as...
  img
Satyajit Samal 5 months ago
Sum 2+4+9+17+28+..........

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 7 months ago
For all x in [0,90] show that cos(sinx)>sin(cosx) I understood the solution given in my book which said Cosx +sinx Cosx But if Sinx Then when we take sin and cos both sides resp we get two...

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below I am assuming 90 to be pi/2. For sinx will take value from 0 to 1 in increasing order. cosx will take value from 1 to 0. If you...
  img
Jitender Singh 7 months ago
f:X to Y f(x)=sinx+cox+2root2 is invertible then X to Y is

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 7 months ago
View all Questions »