DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
P(C)=P(C∣G)P(G)+P(C∣Gc)P(Gc)=(1)(0.6)+(0.2)(0.4)=0.68
This is then used to update the inspector's belief in the suspect's guilt posterior to discovering that the suspect does have that characteristic.
P(G∣C)=(P(G)P(C∣G))/P(C)
=1(0.6)/0.68
=0.882
So the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair is 0.882
11 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
logf[x]=log10

As appling Antilog on both sides logs gets cancelled and result is f(X)=10 which is a constant function

ashish one month ago

f[x]=10 , wat is the question actually

Prajwal Kavad 29 days ago

Complete the question properly.

erra akhil one month ago
let p and q be the roots of the equation x^2-2x+a=0 and r,s are roots of x^2-18x+b=0 ifp

Please complete your question.
  img
Vijay Mukti 22 days ago
how many 5 letter words can be formed from letters of INDEPENDENT

11 LETTERS.3N’S 3E’S 2D’S 1P 1I 1T. NO.OF 5 LETTER WORDS; CASE 1;OUT OF 5 3ARE ALIKE AND 2 ARE DIFFERENT 2C1.5C2.5!/3!=400 CASE 2;OUT OF 5 3 ARE ALIKE OF ONE KIND AND 2 ARE ALIKE OF OTHER...

yaswanth 7 months ago

11 LETTERS.3N’S 3E’S 2D’S 1P 1I 1T. NO.OF 5 LETTER WORDS; CASE 1;OUT OF 5 3ARE ALIKE AND 2 ARE DIFFERENT 2C1.5C2.5!/3!=400 CASE 2;OUT OF 5 3 ARE ALIKE OF ONE KIND AND 2 ARE ALIKE OF OTHER...

yaswanth 7 months ago

yaswanth 7 months ago
tan5xtan3xtan2x=

Hint.: 5x = 3x + 2x. Use tan(A+B) formula to simplify it. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukti 9 days ago
How to prove 1 + Cos4x/2 = Cos 2 2x .

1+cos4x/2= (1+2cos 2 2x -1)/2 because cos2x=2cos 2 x -1 so =2cos 2 2x/2 = cos 2 2x. Hence the proof

Kartik Sawant 11 days ago
∫(sinx/sin4x) dx

Hint: Replace sin4x to 2(2sinx cosx)cos 2 x – sin 2 x. Multiply cosx to numberator and denomenator, Cancel sinx, replacecos 2 x by 1 – sin 2 x. Put sinx = t. You the partial...
  img
Vijay Mukti one month ago

(sin x2/2 / sin x5/5)dx

suman gupta one month ago
View all Questions »