DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
                   At a certain stage of a criminal investigation, the inspector in-charge is 60% convince of the guilt of a certain suspect. Suppose now a piece of evidence that shows the criminal has brown hair is uncovered. If the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is not guilty then there is 20% chance that he/she has brown hair. What is the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
P(C)=P(C∣G)P(G)+P(C∣Gc)P(Gc)=(1)(0.6)+(0.2)(0.4)=0.68
This is then used to update the inspector's belief in the suspect's guilt posterior to discovering that the suspect does have that characteristic.
P(G∣C)=(P(G)P(C∣G))/P(C)
=1(0.6)/0.68
=0.882
So the probability that the inspector in-charge is convinced that the suspect is guilty given he/she has brown hair is 0.882
one year ago

Post Your Answer

mathematics(Ratio and proportion)sample question and answer

Kindly refer to any Maths book for it. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukati one month ago
question is related to complex number i have send you the image of question.

Hint: (b + ia )5 = i(a – ib) 5 = i(a+i(-b)) 5 = i(x-iy) = y+ix.
  img
Vijay Mukati one month ago
question is in image

Step 1: C3 = C3 – C2*x, Step 2: R3 = R3 + R2, Step 3: C1 = C1 – 50*C2, Step 4: Expand the determinant You will get Dx = 2x(-50) + 500, Sum(Dx) = -500

Akshay one month ago
sin2a +3sina +cosa +3cosa

I am unable to solve it further, please reply if know the answer.

Anoopam Mishra 14 days ago

= sin2a + 3sina + 4cosa

Anoopam Mishra 14 days ago
25a + 35b + 65c =355 . find value of a ?

The question seems incomplete ! There needs to be two more equations or b&c should be given.
  img
Sunil Kumar 2 months ago

if their is only one equation u can have infinate solutions i think the question is incomplet or u might have missed some conditions please check PLEASE APPROVE IF USEFUL

Nicho priyatham 2 months ago

devanshu your questions seems to be incomplete atleast u should have given 3 different cases for the problem solving but over here only one of them is provided

grenade 2 months ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details