Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: MOB20

find the area of the largest rectangle that can be inscribed in an isosceles triangle of base10ft. and area 30 square ft

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Thats 15 sq. feet (according to me)

let the length of the part of base, not included in side of Rectangle be X both side and the vertical side length be Y......

Now the rectangle has side lengths, Y and 10-2X.......

now use similar triangle property to find relation b/w Y and X

i.e. Y=6X/5

Hence area = XxY = 6X/5x(10-2X)

Use dA/dX=0 to get X=5/2

Therefore, A=15................Cool

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

The sum to n terms of the series 1/4+7/16+37/64+175/256...

The general term of the sequence can be written as a k = 1 – (3/4) k . This sum of the sequence can be found out using the well known formula for n-terms of a geometric progression.

mycroft holmes 14 days ago

I am not sure the question is correct. The series do not have any pattern if the third term of series is 35/7 instead of 37/5, it can be summed easily. Please confirm.

Ajay 15 days ago
If f;R to R is an odd function such that f(1+x)=1+f(x)and x^2f(1/x)=f(x) where x is not equal to zero find f(x)

With the further assumption that f(x) is continuous, we can prove that f(x) = x is the only function satisfying the given conditions. (otherwise it becomes difficult to deal with...

2016 years ago
10 speakers that includes 3 specific persons (A, B, C) are to speak in a function. Find the number of ways they can be arranged to speak if A has to speak before B and B has to speak before ...

For first case select three positions out of 10 and A,B,C can be arranged only in 1 way in those secletions i.e 10C1 *1. Then 7 remaining can be arranged in 7! ways. For second one just...
  img
Harsh Patodia 5 months ago

It will be 7! only 3positions have already been selected. So 7P7 i.e 7! ways.
  img
Harsh Patodia 5 months ago

Just another thought of solving this pronlem First let us take the 7 general speakers (leaving the 3 special speakers) and fill 7 positions out of 10 positions.. This will have 10p7 ways of ...

Natarajan 5 months ago
The points (0,-1,-1), (-4,4,4),(4,5,1) and (3,9,4) are (A) Collinear (B) Coplanar (C) Forming a square (D) None of these Could you please explain using cartesian method of solving as we...

Let A (0,-1,-1), B (-4,4,4), C(4,5,1) and D(3,9,4) . find AB AC and AD then [AB AC AD] {box of} if it is 0 then they are coplanar otherwise not. Plz Approve!

Vikas TU one year ago

Let A (0,-1,-1), B (-4,4,4), C(4,5,1) and D(3,9,4) . find AB AC and AD then [AB AC AD] {box of} if it is 0 then they are coplanar otherwise not. Plz Approve!

Vikas TU one year ago

Vikas TU one year ago
If the sum of first n natural numbers is 1/5 times the sum of their squares, then th value of n is

This question should have been posted in algebra section . Anyway here is solution. It was easy, wonder why you cant do it

Ajay 15 days ago
Show that ln(1+x)>x for all x>0.

question printed is incorrect.Correct question:- Show that ln(1+x)0.

subham mohanty one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 440 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts