ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

find the area of the largest rectangle that can be inscribed in an isosceles triangle of base10ft. and area 30 square ft

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Thats 15 sq. feet (according to me)

let the length of the part of base, not included in side of Rectangle be X both side and the vertical side length be Y......

Now the rectangle has side lengths, Y and 10-2X.......

now use similar triangle property to find relation b/w Y and X

i.e. Y=6X/5

Hence area = XxY = 6X/5x(10-2X)

Use dA/dX=0 to get X=5/2

Therefore, A=15................Cool

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
what is the method to find range.

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below Method 1 of 4: Finding the Range of a Function Given a Formula 1 Write down the formula.Let's say the formula you're...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 10 months ago

Yugabrat Gogoi 10 months ago
If the equation z 3 +(3+i)z 2 -3z- (m+i)=0, where m is a real number, has at least one real root, then m can have the value equal to Answer: 1 or 5

Let a,b,c be the roots. If a is real, (b,c are conjugates) a+b+c=3+i abc=m+i ab+bc+ca=-3 Use this information and solve for m....
  img
Ravi 7 months ago

Solution:

mycroft holmes 7 months ago
the gcd of two positive integer is 81 and their lcm is 5103 , find the number

729 and 567 GCD=81 Therefore numbers are 81a and 81b for a and b are co-prime. LCM=81*a*b = 5103=81*63 therefore ab=63 a,b=9,7 so numbers are 81*7=567 and 81*9 =729 GCD of 15,20,35 is 5...

Karan Yadav 10 months ago

find gcd of 15,20,35 . also find x, y, z such that 15x+20y+35z= gcd

anand kapare 10 months ago

i want answer from you

anand kapare 10 months ago
cosA / 1 - sinA = tan (45 + A/2)

CosA / 1 – SinA can be written as Cos 2 A/2 – Sin 2 A/2 / Cos 2 A/2 + Sin 2 A/2 +2Sin A/2 Cos A/2 ….… which is equal to = Cos 2 A/2 – Sin 2 A/2 / (CosA/2 + SinA/2) 2 .. As Sin 2 A/2 + Cos 2 ...

Sam Abraham one month ago

CosA / 1 – SinA can be written as Cos2A/2 – Sin2A/2 / Cos2A + Sin2A/2 +2Sin A/2 Cos A/2 ….… which is equal to = Cos2A/2 – Sin2A/2 / (CosA/2 + SinA/2)2 .. As Sin2A/2 +2Sin A/2 Cos A/2 is in...

Sam Abraham one month ago

Use the RHS as a hint how to proceed. sinA = 2sin(A/2)cos(A/2) cosA = 2cos^2 (A/2) - 1 sinA / (1+cosA) = sin(A/2) / cos(A/2) = tan(A/2)

grenade one month ago
how to find an arbitary constant of an differential equation corresponding to the family of all circles in the xy-plane with the centre at origin

equation for ur condition is x 2 +y 2 =a 2 , u have to just differentiate the equation and u will get ur differnetial equation of family of all circles in the xy-plane with the centre at...

ng29 one month ago

diffrentiate and equate the coefficients

grenade one month ago
At any point P on the parabola y 2 – 2y – 4x + 5 =0, a tangent is drawn which meets the directrix at Q . Find the locus of R which divides QP externally in the ratio ½ : 1 .

The given parabola isy 2 - 2y – 4x + 5 = 0. This can be rewritten as (y-1)2 = 4(x-1) Its parametric coordinates are x-1 = t 2 and y -1 = 2t and hence we have P(1 +t 2 , 1 + 2t) Hence,...
  img
Latika Leekha 3 months ago
View all Questions »