ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

find the area of the largest rectangle that can be inscribed in an isosceles triangle of base10ft. and area 30 square ft

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Thats 15 sq. feet (according to me)

let the length of the part of base, not included in side of Rectangle be X both side and the vertical side length be Y......

Now the rectangle has side lengths, Y and 10-2X.......

now use similar triangle property to find relation b/w Y and X

i.e. Y=6X/5

Hence area = XxY = 6X/5x(10-2X)

Use dA/dX=0 to get X=5/2

Therefore, A=15................Cool

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
could anyone explain me exponential and logarithmic series and tautology part from mathematical reasoning...by giving suitable eamples...

mansi , dont waste ur time on understanding the series expansion ,u have to just learn it ,as they are useful in specific types of questions , but u can also solve them by using lhospital...

ng29 11 days ago

may god bless you

rahul 6 days ago

hey mansi dont get disappointed and depressed , just chill and aim high to get good score u have 2 days just revise the syllabi and focus on ur weak areas revise organic and inorganic...

ng29 11 days ago
if x = 2 + i then find x 4 - 2x 3 + 10x + 1

this will make the question very complicated i used remainder theorem for it by x – 2 =i and squaring both sides then x2 – 4x + 5 = 0 and then putting its value in the equation so i got 1 as...

ishita one month ago

Put value of x in the equation (2+i) 4 -2(2+i) 3 +10(2+i)+1 and u will get 10 as answer.Approve if useful

Mohammad Kavish one month ago
plz. answer the attached question of probability. and also name the rule or theorem that will be used. thanks.

hii You can use Baye’s Theorem of Probability in order to solve this question
  img
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago

I tried using bayes theorem but there is a little confusion.if u can plz tell me the value of P(E1) and P(E2) P(A/E1) and P(A/E2) it will be of great help. also tell which is the correct...

sufi digital 2 months ago
help image attached …..please

from the question itself, Lt(x--->5) (f(x)) 2 -9 = 0 hence f(5)=3 or -3 but range of f(x) is[0,infinite) hence f(x) = 3

srikar 6 months ago

you did this by cross multiplication

milind 6 months ago
Given lines x-4 = y+5 = z-1 and x-2 = y+1 = z 2 4 -3 1 3 2 Statement 1 : The lines intersect Statement 2 : They are not parallel (A) Statement 1 is true, Statement 2 is true and Statement 2...

Put both the equations equal to a constant value. For ex k & m. Now find the values of x, y, z in terms of k & m. For any value of k and m (same or different) if all the coordinates...
  img
Yash Baheti 3 months ago
solve for x sin3x *sin(cube) x +cos3x *cos(cube) x=0

Hello Student, sin3x *sin^3 x +cos3x *cos^3 x=0 tan3x*tan^3x=0 =>tan3x=0 union tan^3x=0 =>3x=n*pi union x=n*pi
  img
Arun Kumar 10 months ago

please give some easy method as i am in class 11 th this iss going above my head or can u just explain it

rashmi 10 months ago
View all Questions »