Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: CART20

find the area of the largest rectangle that can be inscribed in an isosceles triangle of base10ft. and area 30 square ft

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Thats 15 sq. feet (according to me)

let the length of the part of base, not included in side of Rectangle be X both side and the vertical side length be Y......

Now the rectangle has side lengths, Y and 10-2X.......

now use similar triangle property to find relation b/w Y and X

i.e. Y=6X/5

Hence area = XxY = 6X/5x(10-2X)

Use dA/dX=0 to get X=5/2

Therefore, A=15................Cool

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Find the general term in the expansion of (2-3x) -1/2?

Given (2-3x) -1/3 (2-3x) -1/3 = 2 -1/3 (1-3x/2) -1/3 finally;.the answer is 2 -1/3 1*4*7*........*(3r-2)/r|

OUTPASS 8 months ago

(2-3x) -1/2 =2 -1/3 (1-3x/2) -1/3 T r+1 =2 -1/3 [{(-1/3)(-1/3-1)(-1/3-2)...........(-1/3-r+1)}/r!](-3x/2) r =(2 -1/3 /r!)(-1 2r )(1/3)(4/3)(7/3).................(3x/2) r =(2)...

RAJU 8 months ago

Given (2-3x) -1/3 (2-3x) -1/3 = 2 -1/3 (1-3x/2) -1/3 finally;.the answer is 2 -1/3 1*4*7*........*(3r-2)/r|

venky 8 months ago
I think i am forgetting an important formulae in this question ... Can anyone guide me through it ? plz.

This is sum of GP ​Sn = a( r ​n -1 )/ r-1
  img
Harsh Patodia one month ago

THIS INDICATE THAT THE WRITTEN SERIES IN GEOMETRIC PROGRESSION BECAUSE OF THIS IS AN SUB FORMULA OF GP AND MOST IMPORTANT FORMULA.

NARAYANA one month ago
A fair coin is tossed. if tail appears on first four tosses then the probability of head appearing on fifth toss is

It does not depend upon the outcomes of the first four tosses.So the required probabiliity is ½.
  img
BALAJI ANDALAMALA 4 months ago

if the coin is fair then the oucome of the fifth toss does not depend upon the outcomes of the first four tosses.hence the probability of head appearing on the fifth toss is always1/2

Ankit Jaiswal 4 months ago
how to find remainder using binomial theorem CITE EXAMPLES

Here is one of the answers which I have given http://www.askiitians.com/forums/Algebra/using-binomial-theorem-find-the-reminder-when-5-ra_141150.htm
  img
Riddhish Bhalodia 2 months ago
hi I’m in tenth and i cant understand trigonometry . can you please help by telling me a way to learn this chapter?

trigonometry....yeah its a tough but an easy topic....am not an expert advice you....but still...the only way of learning things is be very clear with your basics and concepts plus formulas ...

darshini 9 months ago

tahnks alot :D i will try that

tenzin norzin 9 months ago
my test is day after tomorrow give me advice please

go to bed at time and donot study till late night health is wealth so take a balanced diet no new concepts at this time just proper sleep and fresh mind helps you to give your best best of...

SAHIL one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 440 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts