find the area of the largest rectangle that can be inscribed in an isosceles triangle of base10ft. and area 30 square ft

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Thats 15 sq. feet (according to me)

let the length of the part of base, not included in side of Rectangle be X both side and the vertical side length be Y......

Now the rectangle has side lengths, Y and 10-2X.......

now use similar triangle property to find relation b/w Y and X

i.e. Y=6X/5

Hence area = XxY = 6X/5x(10-2X)

Use dA/dX=0 to get X=5/2

Therefore, A=15................Cool

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Let a,b,c E R and a (is not equal to 0) be such that (a+c) 2 2, then the quadratic equation ax 2 + bx + c = 0 has : Imaginary roots. Real roots. Exactly one real root lying in the...

Hello student, Please find my response to your question below Iam unable to interpret your query Because you didot mention the condition clearly here so without condition you may not get an...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 5 months ago

Hello student, Please find my response to your question below What does the line’a (is not equal to 0) be such that (a+c) 2 ’mean it does not have a meaning i think there should...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 5 months ago

in the first line it is (a+c)^2

Ujjwal 5 months ago
The locus of the point z satisfying the condition arg (Z-1)/(Z+1)=Pi/3

Transform the arg [(z-1)/(z+1)]=pi/3 into (z-1)/(z+1)=tan pi/3 Solve this eqn for z.. It will give a linear eqn. solution....
  img
Ravi 2 months ago
A bag contains 4 red and 4 black balls. Another bag contains 2 red and 6 black balls. One of the two bags is selected at random and a ball is drawn from the bag which is found to be red....

the probability that the ball is drawn from the first bag ..... total balls in both the bags is 4+4+2+6 = 16. but the ball should be red and from the first bag, therefore th probability is...

God Of Maths one month ago

Wrong , ans is 2/3 and thanks i have solved it .

Drake one month ago
How many numbers are there between 100 and 1000 such that every digit is either 2 or 9?

Hello Student, The numbers between 100 and 1000 are clearly the three digit number. All the three digits can be filled by 2 ways. => 2*2*2 = 8 ways Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech,...
  img
Arun Kumar 6 months ago
Find integral solution to the eqation [x][y]=x+y. show that all non-integral solution lie on exactly two lines. determine these lines. Thanks

[x]=x- frac(x)= x-x’ [y]=y-frac(y) =y-y\ [x][y]=(x- frac(x))(y-frac(y) ) xy- xy’- x’y-x’y’ = x+y xy- xy’- x’y-x’y’ – x- y is...
  img
Sher Mohammad 6 months ago
Given two points a = (-2,0) and b =(0,4 ) the coordinate of a point M lying on the line 2x-3y=9 so that permeter of triangle amb is least , is

GIVEN QUESTION CAN BE SOLVED USING A.M-G.M INEQUALITY FOR PERIMETER TO BE MINIMUM AM +BM SHOULD BE MINIMUM i.e AM=BM OR SIMPLY M LIES ON PERPENDICULAR BISECTOR OF AB AND LINE2x-3y=9 i.e...

siddharth gupta 6 months ago
View all Questions »