DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

find the area of the largest rectangle that can be inscribed in an isosceles triangle of base10ft. and area 30 square ft

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Thats 15 sq. feet (according to me)

let the length of the part of base, not included in side of Rectangle be X both side and the vertical side length be Y......

Now the rectangle has side lengths, Y and 10-2X.......

now use similar triangle property to find relation b/w Y and X

i.e. Y=6X/5

Hence area = XxY = 6X/5x(10-2X)

Use dA/dX=0 to get X=5/2

Therefore, A=15................Cool

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
A straight line segment AB of length a units moves with its ends one the axis. The locus of the point P which divides ther segment in the ratio 1:2 is

Take P (h,k) Take end points on x and y axis as A(0,n) and B(m, 0) Now AB=a So Now P divides AB in the ratio 1:2 So ….….…...(1) similarily k =...
  img
Nishant Vora 7 days ago
if a and b are the roots of the equation x^2-px +(p+1)=0 then the area of the triangle whose vertices are (0,0),(p/a,p) and (-p/a,p) is

Hint. find the sum and product of roots from the given equation. Then find the area of triangle through the given coordinates (Area = (1/2)*base*altitute). Then relate the two. Thanks.
  img
Vijay Mukti 9 days ago
which term of the G.P. 2,1,1/2,1/4... is 1/128?

You can do this simply by putting 1/128 as an exponential term in terms of (1/2) which is the common ratio. The first terrm is a=2, d=1/2, so you can either equate them directly equal to the...
  img
Ravi 9 months ago

t n =a*r n-1 where, a=initial term=2 n=nth term r=common ratio=1/2 1/128=2*(1/256)=2*(1/2) 8 =2*(1/2) n-1 Hence,n-1=8; …........n=9th term...
  img
Naveen Kumar 9 months ago

Of course we can have alternative ways to do it and I have given the answer which is one of them ….... Good luck for your exams!!!!!!!!!...
  img
Naveen Kumar 9 months ago
tan 45

samagra 11 days ago
?? integration by parts

integration by parts is a theorem that relates the integral of a product of functions to the integral of their derivative and antiderivative. It is frequently used to transform the...

ng29 2 months ago

A rational function can be integrated by expressing it as the sum of partial fractions.

grenade 2 months ago

will you please explore

gdbusher 2 months ago
how to find the area of a triangle with given eqations of 3 lines.....? i cannot understand the determinant method also what is a determinant

Hint: With the given 3 equaitons of lines of triangle, we can easily find the three coordinates of the triangle. Then by using the formula by determinant method, simply put the values of the...
  img
Vijay Mukti 2 days ago
View all Questions »