find the area of the largest rectangle that can be inscribed in an isosceles triangle of base10ft. and area 30 square ft

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Thats 15 sq. feet (according to me)

let the length of the part of base, not included in side of Rectangle be X both side and the vertical side length be Y......

Now the rectangle has side lengths, Y and 10-2X.......

now use similar triangle property to find relation b/w Y and X

i.e. Y=6X/5

Hence area = XxY = 6X/5x(10-2X)

Use dA/dX=0 to get X=5/2

Therefore, A=15................Cool

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
If f(x-1) = x^2, find f(3). It’s suppossed to be 16, but I don’t understand why.

In the domai part its is given the value x-1 = 3 ….. so, choose, x = 4 and put in the function and get the value.. You ust assure for the value you are defining, it should be in valid...
  img
Saurabh Kumar 22 days ago

Put x=4 and then this equation will give you f(3)=4 2 =16 ........................ ….................................... ....................................................
  img
Naveen Kumar 22 days ago

Hi, this is very straightforward. Put x = 4 in the given eqaution, f(4-1) = 4 2 , f(3) = 16...
  img
Shobhit Varshney 22 days ago
If ax2 - bx +5 = 0 does not have 2 distinct real roots, then find the minimum value of 5a + b?

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below Given equation is ax^2-bx+5=0. Since the equation does not have 2 distinct real roots, therefore discriminant 0 i.e. b 2 -20a 0...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 3 months ago

ax^2-bx+5=0. Since the equation does not have 2 distinct real roots, therefore discriminant i.e. b^2-20a 20a >/= b^2 5a >/= b^2 /4 5a+b >/= b^2/4 + b. b^2/4 + b is a quadratic equation whose...

Sargun Nagpal 3 months ago

ax^2-bx+5=0. Since the equation does not have 2 distinct real roots, therefore discriminant i.e. b^2-20a 20a >/= b^2 5a >/= b^2 /4 5a+b >/= b^2/4 + b. b^2/4 + b is a quadratic equation whose...

Sargun Nagpal 3 months ago
Please find the following limit lim(x->inf) (x+2/x+1) x

Ans:Hello student, please find answer to your question
  img
Jitender Singh 4 months ago
hi in numerator it is e raise to power modulus of x ...please help ….i posted ….......last time i posted this quetion …..at that time i called e raise to power integral part which is wrong...

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below So, range of f(x) varies from -1 to 1 (both exclusive). But the co-domain is R. So f(x) is into function. (Function is onto when...
  img
Jitender Singh 2 months ago
how can we find direction in vector addition

we can easily add vecto and using tan

nirbhay dwivedi one month ago
View all Questions »