find the area of the largest rectangle that can be inscribed in an isosceles triangle of base10ft. and area 30 square ft

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Thats 15 sq. feet (according to me)

let the length of the part of base, not included in side of Rectangle be X both side and the vertical side length be Y......

Now the rectangle has side lengths, Y and 10-2X.......

now use similar triangle property to find relation b/w Y and X

i.e. Y=6X/5

Hence area = XxY = 6X/5x(10-2X)

Use dA/dX=0 to get X=5/2

Therefore, A=15................Cool

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Let A be any matrix such that A2=0 matrix then does it implies A is a zero matrix?

Not at all. Consider A = 0 1 0 0 It is not zero but A^2=0. Amit Jain IITD AskIITians
  img
Amit Jain 6 months ago

Not necessarily. If A 2 = 0, then such matrix A is known as Nilpotent Matrix. e.g. A = 0 1 0 0 This matrix A is not equal to zero but A 2 will be equal to zero.

Vinay Modani 7 months ago

yes

prashanth 7 months ago
prove that x^0 =1?...

Not necessary, as when x=0, this is false.

nishit goyal 5 months ago

dont you know stuppied

munireddynaik 4 months ago

sin^x

munireddynaik 5 months ago
Find the value of the integration of (vcosx-cos³x)dx{upperlimit is p÷4,lower limit (-p÷4)}

Sher Mohammad B.Tech, IIT Delhi.
  img
Sher Mohammad 4 months ago

Sher Mohammad B.tech, IIT Delhi
  img
Sher Mohammad 4 months ago

please show me answer in jpg type

max1234567890 4 months ago
please explain fully …...if it is 0/0 form than tell why ….…..please

Ans: If the given function in the limit is of zero by zero form, then we can apply L’Hospital rule which is explain below f(a) = 0 g(a) = 0 Similarly follow for higher derivative. We...
  img
Jitender Singh yesterday

jitendra sir my question is not ..to explain l hospital rule ….….my question is that the image that i attach have 0/0 form …. how it have 0/0 form.....................jo maine question...

milind yesterday
If f(x)=tan 2 (πx/(n 2 -5n+8))+cot(n+m)πx; (n€N,m€Q),is a periodic function with 2 as the fundamental period,then m can’t belong to:

Ans: Period of tan 2 (ax): Period of cot(ax): Period of f 1 (x): Period of f 2 (x): Period of f(x): ‘m’ can’t belong to: Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh IIT Delhi...
  img
Jitender Singh 17 days ago
solve: xcosydy=(xe^xlogx+e^x) dx

soln: xcosydy=(xe^xlogx+e^x) dx x cosy dy = (x e x logx + e x ) dx cosy dy = e x (logx + 1/x) dx integrate both sides siny = e x logx + c (const.)
  img
Ajay Verma 5 months ago

Thanks and Regards, Ajay verma, askIITians faculty, IIT HYDERABAD
  img
Ajay Verma 5 months ago

please check the attached file
  img
Sunil Raikwar 5 months ago
View all Questions »