find the area of the largest rectangle that can be inscribed in an isosceles triangle of base10ft. and area 30 square ft

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Thats 15 sq. feet (according to me)

let the length of the part of base, not included in side of Rectangle be X both side and the vertical side length be Y......

Now the rectangle has side lengths, Y and 10-2X.......

now use similar triangle property to find relation b/w Y and X

i.e. Y=6X/5

Hence area = XxY = 6X/5x(10-2X)

Use dA/dX=0 to get X=5/2

Therefore, A=15................Cool

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
If X & Y are 2 x 2 matrices with integer elements such that X 3 +Y 3 = A, then find the det (X + Y)

given X & Y are 2 x 2 matrices with integer elements such that X3+Y3= A, by intuition and checing conditions x=[1 0; 0 0] y=[0 0;0 1] x+y=[1 0;0 1] det(x+y)=1
  img
Sher Mohammad 2 months ago
is number theory and combinatorics needed to crack iitjee???????????

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below Number theory forms the basis of many questions in IIT JEE. but u may not find many questions in IIT JEE only on number theory...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED one month ago
The total no of term free from radical signs in the expansion of (y^{1/5}+x^{1/10})^55

Hello Student, The general term in the expansion of (y^{1/5}+x^{1/10})^55 is given by =>r/5,r/10 should be integers =>r=0,10,20,30,40,50 =>6 terms Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar...
  img
Arun Kumar 2 months ago
hi in numerator it is e raise to power modulus of x ...please help ….i posted ….......last time i posted this quetion …..at that time i called e raise to power integral part which is wrong...

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below So, range of f(x) varies from -1 to 1 (both exclusive). But the co-domain is R. So f(x) is into function. (Function is onto when...
  img
Jitender Singh 9 days ago
what is the use of vector space

To represent the quantity wich have both magnitude and direction.

Vineeth 14 days ago

By understanding laws of vectors we can represent a physical quantity wich has both magnitude and direction in mathematical form ,also with selecting a reference point . By understanding...

Vineeth 6 days ago

that i know. i need the use of it

karthik s 14 days ago
hey image attached please tell the method which is used in solution …..please sir .maam …..please anyone …...

Ans: Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below [t] = 0, 0 <=t < 1 [t] = 1, 1 <= t < 2 Now looking at the problem in hand There are total 100 term in L out of...
  img
Jitender Singh 19 days ago

sir is it greatest integer fn is used

milind 19 days ago
View all Questions »