ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

find the area of the largest rectangle that can be inscribed in an isosceles triangle of base10ft. and area 30 square ft

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Thats 15 sq. feet (according to me)

let the length of the part of base, not included in side of Rectangle be X both side and the vertical side length be Y......

Now the rectangle has side lengths, Y and 10-2X.......

now use similar triangle property to find relation b/w Y and X

i.e. Y=6X/5

Hence area = XxY = 6X/5x(10-2X)

Use dA/dX=0 to get X=5/2

Therefore, A=15................Cool

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
x-y=2+2y

I don’t know exactly what do you need but x-y=2+2y x-2=3y x-3y=2 this is what you can do you can’t do it futher

Jonathan Jackson 3 months ago

I don’t know exactly what do you need but x-y=2+2y x-2=3y x-3y=2 this is what you can do you can’t do it futher

Jonathan Jackson 3 months ago
Find the real values of the parameter ‘a’ for which atleast one complex number z =x+iysatisfies both the equality | z- ai | = a+4 and the inequality | z-2 |

Hello Student, Please find the answer to your question below [|z-ai| = a + 4] [|z-2| < 1] For these two to have atleast one solution, then both circles must intersect [|x+iy-ai| = a+4]...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 8 months ago

Dear student, Can you please mention the complete inequality. Is it either |z-2|> 0, or |z-2|<0 or any other number. Once, you can provide that detail, we can colve it further. Regards...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 8 months ago
if x,y,z are natural numbers then what is maximum value of xyz+xy+yz

There has to be some relation or a bound/condition to the question, otherwise this would be just void. So, send in the complete and question typed correctly....
  img
Ravi 5 months ago
IF A+B+C = 180 THEN COS^2A + COS^2B – COS^2C =

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below use the following formula for the first 2 terms, CosC + CosD = 2Cos[(C+D)/2]Cos[(C-D)/2] then cos 2c is cos (2pi – (2A + 2...
  img
Nishant Vora 7 months ago
[sqrt(1)]+[sqrt(2)]+[sqrt(3)]+.......+[sqrt(2115)]=?

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 9 months ago
2 ∫ 0 (x 2 + 4) dx

Ans:- 2 ∫ 0 (x 2 +4)dx=[(x 2+1 /2+1 )+4x] --------- since (x n+1 /n+1) [(x 3 /3)+4x] 0 2 =[(2 3 /3)+8]=[(8/3)+3]=(8+24)/3=32/3

Anusha 5 months ago

Ans:- 2 ∫ 0 (x 2 +4)dx=[(x 2+1 /2+1 )+4x] --------- since (x n+1 /n+1) [(x 3 /3)+4x] 0 2 =[(2 3 /3)+8]=[(8/3)+3]=(8+24)/3=32/3

Anusha 5 months ago
View all Questions »