find the area of the largest rectangle that can be inscribed in an isosceles triangle of base10ft. and area 30 square ft

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Thats 15 sq. feet (according to me)

let the length of the part of base, not included in side of Rectangle be X both side and the vertical side length be Y......

Now the rectangle has side lengths, Y and 10-2X.......

now use similar triangle property to find relation b/w Y and X

i.e. Y=6X/5

Hence area = XxY = 6X/5x(10-2X)

Use dA/dX=0 to get X=5/2

Therefore, A=15................Cool

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
show that how to prove 93 is a prime number

Hello, giriji its simple. 93 is not a prime number because 93 is divisible by 3. To prove, any number as a prime number or vice-versa, just try to divide it from prime numbers like 2, 3, 5,...

Yugabrat Gogoi 14 days ago

Hello, girija its simple. 93 is not a prime number because 93 is divisible by 3. To prove, any number as a prime number or vice-versa, just try to divide it from prime numbers like 2, 3, 5,...

Yugabrat Gogoi 14 days ago
For what values of a does the equation (2-x)(x+1)=a posses real and positive roots ? Please provide the solution ( The given soln is ( 2 , 17/4 ).Is it correct ???)

i Have applied D>=0 , -b/2a>0 and f(0)>0 but still not getting the answer

piyush soni one month ago

i Have applied D>=0 , -b/2a>0 and f(0)>0 but still not getting the answer

i have got ( 2 , 9/4 ]

question is in image

img
Aziz Alam one month ago
vectors in detail

Vectors This is a vector: A vector has magnitude (how long it is) and direction : The length of the line shows its magnitude and the arrowhead points in the direction. You can add two...
  img
ruchi yadav 7 months ago
Find the period of the valued function satisfying f(x)+f(x+4)=f(x+2)+f(x+6)

Hello Student, f(x)+f(x+4)=f(x+2)+f(x+6) =>f(x+2)+f(x+6)=f(x+4)+f(x+8) adding both we get f(x)=f(x+8) Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 3 months ago
Find doamin of f(x) g(x)=|sinx|+sinx h(x)=sinx+cosx , x is in b/w 0 to pi f(x)=(logh(x) g(x))1/2 log is in square root answer is pi/6,pi/2 pls give two solution graph and analytical. thanks

Ans: 1st Part: 2nd Part: 1st Condition: …...........(1) 2nd Condition: …...............(2) Final Solution: Intersection of (1) & (2) Thanks & Regards Jitender Singh IIT...
  img
Jitender Singh 4 months ago
View all Questions »