ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

If the sum of first n terms of an A.P. is cn2, then sum of squares of these n terms is?

ans:n(4n2-1)c2/3

HOW?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

If a is 1st term and d is common difference, sum of n terms = (n/2) (2a + (n-1)d) = (2an-nd) + n2d

comparing this with cn2 we get : 2an-nd = 0  and  d = c    =>    a = c/2,  d = c

sum of squares of n terms = \sum_{r=1}^{n}(a+(n-1)d)^{2}

=\sum_{r=1}^{n}\left( \frac{c}{2}+(n-1)c\right)^{2}

=\sum_{r=1}^{n}c^{2}\left( n^{2}-n+\frac{1}{4}\right)

=c^{2}\left( \sum_{r=1}^{n}n^{2}-\sum_{r=1}^{n}n+\sum_{r=1}^{n}\frac{1}{4}\right)

=c^{2}\left(\frac{n(n+1)(2n+1)}{6}-\frac{n(n+1)}{2}+\frac{n}{4}\right)

=\frac{c^{2}n(4n^{2}-1)}{12}

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
h

i i

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below Use identity a = e^(lna). i^i = e^[ln(i^i)] = e^[i*lni] Complex logaritm lnz = ln|z| + i*argz Then ln(i) = ln |i| + i*arg(i) =...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 6 months ago
Find all real values of m for which the inequalty mx 2 - 4x + 3m + 1 >0 is satisfied for all positive x. Hint : THE GIVEN EXPRESSION IS +VE ONLY AND ONLY FOR POSTIVE x.

Hello Student, Please find the solution The value of this quadratic is always positive (>0) So graph will always be above x-axis therefore the condition will be :- D>0 and a>0...
  img
Nishant Vora 6 months ago
x-y=2+2y

I don’t know exactly what do you need but x-y=2+2y x-2=3y x-3y=2 this is what you can do you can’t do it futher

Jonathan Jackson 3 months ago

I don’t know exactly what do you need but x-y=2+2y x-2=3y x-3y=2 this is what you can do you can’t do it futher

Jonathan Jackson 3 months ago
Q. FIND THE EQUATION OF THE TANGENTS DRAWN TO THE CURVE- y 2 - 2x 2 – 4y + 8 =0 FROM THE POINT (1,2).

to find the equation of tangent to any curve from point (x1,y1) just replace y^2 by yy1; x^2 by xx1; y by (y+y1)/2 ;x by (x+x1)/2 and constant term is remain unchanged, so in your question...

PRATYUSH MISHRA 7 months ago

thanks buddy!!

bharat makkar 7 months ago
evaluate the following integral ∫ sin 2x / sin(x – pi/6) sin(x + pi/6) dx

Ans: Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below
  img
Jitender Singh 6 months ago
if cos a + cos b = a, sin a + sin b = y and theta is the arithmetic mean between a an b then sin 2theta + cos 2theta is

Hello Student,Please find the answer to your question below Cosa + Cosb = 2Cos[(a+b)/2]Cos[(a-b)/2] = x Sina + Sinb = 2Sin[(a+b)/2]Cos[(a-b)/2] = y tan[(a +b )/2 ] = y/x so tan(theta) = y/x...
  img
Nishant Vora 6 months ago
View all Questions »