Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: MOB20

If the sum of first n terms of an A.P. is cn2, then sum of squares of these n terms is?

ans:n(4n2-1)c2/3

HOW?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

If a is 1st term and d is common difference, sum of n terms = (n/2) (2a + (n-1)d) = (2an-nd) + n2d

comparing this with cn2 we get : 2an-nd = 0  and  d = c    =>    a = c/2,  d = c

sum of squares of n terms = \sum_{r=1}^{n}(a+(n-1)d)^{2}

=\sum_{r=1}^{n}\left( \frac{c}{2}+(n-1)c\right)^{2}

=\sum_{r=1}^{n}c^{2}\left( n^{2}-n+\frac{1}{4}\right)

=c^{2}\left( \sum_{r=1}^{n}n^{2}-\sum_{r=1}^{n}n+\sum_{r=1}^{n}\frac{1}{4}\right)

=c^{2}\left(\frac{n(n+1)(2n+1)}{6}-\frac{n(n+1)}{2}+\frac{n}{4}\right)

=\frac{c^{2}n(4n^{2}-1)}{12}

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

Q6 of the book please Q6 of the book please Q6 of the book please Q6 of the book please tell

Solution below, but do let us know where you found difficulty.............................................. a\\ =\quad log{ (c-a) }^{ 2 }\\ =2log(c-a)\\"...

Ajay 9 days ago
Number of positive integral solutions to equation x+y+z+w=10 (x>=0,y>=0,z>=2,w>=2) is PlZZZZZZZZZZ answer soon.

But the answer given is 84!!!!!!!!!.How????????????????.Plz provide the answer in a complete manner.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gandhi1234 3 months ago

But z>=2 and w>=2 and you take z>=1 and w>=1.How is it possible?My answer is coming out to be 7C3.Is it correct???????????

gandhi1234 3 months ago

To Admin when i post my answer it did not take My answer and show a message answer already exists.plz help me. anywhy answer is

jagdish singh singh 3 months ago
What's idempotent law?. Please explain. Urgent .exams tomorrow!

In Boolean algebra, Idempotent Law states that combining a quantity with itself either by logical addition or logical multiplication will result in a logical sum or product that is the...

dolly bhatia 6 days ago

@ riya Idempotent Law . In Boolean algebra, Idempotent Law states that combining a quantity with itself either by logical addition or logical multiplication will result in a logical sum or...

Umakant biswal 7 days ago

The defintion is easily availible on google, may be you should try that more frequently. Idempotent Laws: For any finite set A; (i) A U A = A (ii) A ∩ A = A

Ajay 7 days ago
1+cose=

1+1/sec =sec+1/sec =tan/sec sec^2-tan^2=1 tan^2=1+sec^2 =sin/cos/sec 1/cos=sec =sin/sec/sec sin.sec/sec=sin

SHANMUKESHWAR 10 months ago

sorry sine

SHANMUKESHWAR 10 months ago

1+cose=sec

KARTHIK 10 months ago
sin^2t+cos^2t=sec^2t-tan^2t= ?????????????????????????? guess

1 is the answer for that triginomery identites

sai hemanth kumar one month ago

Hello All, The way you are giving answers is not appropriate and you will not get points for the same at the time of redemption. These are considered as short answers by giving extra...

Forum Team one month ago

yes .this is true...because these ..two..are..universal..identies.

SREEKANTH one month ago
What is the range of a polynomial function with odd degree and even degree are they same or different

Dear Student, If the degree of a polynomialf(x) is even and the leading coefficient is positive, thenf(x) → ∞ asx→ ±∞. Iff(x) is an even degree polynomial with...
  img
Vijay Mukati 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 440 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts