The number of ways of accomodating 7 guests in 3 rooms so thst no room is empty is

a)1260   b)1440   c)1708   d)1806

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

3^7 - 3*2^7 + 3*1^7 = 2187 - 384 + 3 = 1806

Inclusion-Exclusion principle.

7 guests go into 3 rooms (1 and 2 rooms can be empty) - 7 guests go into 2 rooms (1 and 2 rooms can be empty) + 7 guests go into 1 room (This was excluded twice)

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
A man is known to speak the truth 3 out of 4 times. He throws a dice and reports that it is a five. Find the probability that it is actually a 5.

the probability is ¾ because he speaks the truth 3 out of 4 time . the six numbers on the dice has to do nothing with this.( considering he throws the dice only once ) By, God Of Maths

God Of Maths one month ago

Wrong . I got the ans .

Drake one month ago
For a, b > 0, let 5a – b, 2a + b, a + 2b be in A.P. and (b + 1)2 , ab + 1, (a – 1)2 are in G.P. then compute (a–1 + b–1).

Hi, From the ap condition find one relation between a & b, which will come out as b=2a. Now use the gp condition and put the result from ap condition, you will get a equation in single...
  img
Yash Baheti 2 months ago
the position o the vectors A,B,C of a triangle are i-j-3k, 2i+j-2k and -5i+2j-6k respectively.the length of the bisector AD of the angle BAC where D is on the line segment BC,is 1-15/2 2-¼...

if this is not the answer then please post the solution .. but think this is a correct approach

abhidon3 3 months ago

see as AD is internal bisector o angle BAC , it ( that is the point D ) will divide BD and DC in the ratio of AB/AC i.e 1:3 . now using the division formula get the cordinate of D . and find...

abhidon3 3 months ago
How is the magnitude of the scalar triple product is the volume of a parallelopiped formed by adjacent sides given by the three vectors a , b and c . (The bold letters represent vectors)

Hi, When you do AxB, it represents the area of a parallelogram, i.e. a two dimensional figure. But when we take its dot product with the third vector , that means we are taking the component...
  img
Yash Baheti 3 months ago
A rocket moves horizontally with a constant velocity ‘u’ at a height ‘L’. A guided missile is fired vertically with a speed ‘v’ when the rocket passes above it. Assuming that the missile...

The plans will strike when the both covers the distance L, the verticl velocity of above plane is, v=gt donwards, so the relative velocity is gt+v s= u+at L=gt+v+gt ^2 gt 2 +gt+v-L=0, solve...
  img
Sher Mohammad 6 months ago
The coordinate of the point on y^2=8x which is closest from x^2 + (y+6)^2 =1 is ?

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Minimum distance b/w any two curves lie along common normal So if we find the coordinate where common normal touches the...
  img
Jitender Singh 4 months ago

thank you sir

Arpit Dhankar 4 months ago

thank you sir

Arpit Dhankar 4 months ago
View all Questions »