Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

The number of ways of accomodating 7 guests in 3 rooms so thst no room is empty is

a)1260   b)1440   c)1708   d)1806

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

3^7 - 3*2^7 + 3*1^7 = 2187 - 384 + 3 = 1806

Inclusion-Exclusion principle.

7 guests go into 3 rooms (1 and 2 rooms can be empty) - 7 guests go into 2 rooms (1 and 2 rooms can be empty) + 7 guests go into 1 room (This was excluded twice)

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

Can anyone plz solve the 10 problem plzIn sequence and series 10 problem is a doubt
Just rationalize each term and you will get D as all terms in middle will get cancel.
Harsh Patodia one month ago
Most common sequence and series questions that come in entrance exams
@ nikita WHAT EXACTLY U WANT TO KNOW ?? i am sorry there is no attachment in the question , kindly attach the ques in which u have problems . and the most imp topics in that chap is sum of...
Umakant biswal one month ago
Find all pairs of positive Integers(A,B)such that A^B-B^A=3
THE PERFECT REASON IS GIVEN YOU COULD TRY YOURSELF the number is a=4 and b=1 by taking the cases that a^B is 4 and b^a is 1. hence by taking the cases whatever umber we take should have a...
2017 years ago
1/sinx =cosec x or integration of 1/x = ln |x|+c where c is arbitari constant so by using this formula integration of i/sinx is ln |sinx +c|
kalyan 4 months ago
sorry made a mistake currect answer is 1/sinx =cosec x integration of cosec(x) is ln|cosec x-cot x|+c where c is arbitari constant....
kalyan 4 months ago
1/sin(x)=cosec (x) the integration of cosec(x) is ln|cosec x-cot x|+c where cis an arbitrary constant
SREEKANTH 4 months ago
explain about nth root of demoivres theorm with an example?
Let z = r(cosθ + i sinθ), and let n be a positive integer. Then zn = rn(cos nθ + i sin nθ) 1 Page 2 (i.e. in taking the nth power of z, we raise the modulus to its nth power and multiply...
SHANMUKESHWAR one year ago
If the line joining circumcentr and incentre is parallel to BC then cosB+cosC= I had seen that above image submitted by me is unclear . so to view the solution please click the below link . I don’t see ny option to attach image. copy ...
2017 years ago
Drop perpendiculars from I and O on to BC and let the feet of the perpendiculars be P and Q resp. IP = in-radius = r. Also OQ = R cos A. Since OI is parallel to BC, we have IP = OQ i.e. r = ...
3 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn