DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

X

“Hurray! You have won the gift voucher. Redeem your points now."

X

The number of ways of accomodating 7 guests in 3 rooms so thst no room is empty is

a)1260   b)1440   c)1708   d)1806

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

3^7 - 3*2^7 + 3*1^7 = 2187 - 384 + 3 = 1806

Inclusion-Exclusion principle.

7 guests go into 3 rooms (1 and 2 rooms can be empty) - 7 guests go into 2 rooms (1 and 2 rooms can be empty) + 7 guests go into 1 room (This was excluded twice)

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
I really cannot understand where 1 should be substitued by i^2 and where it should be substituted by(w+w^2).the attachment is attached herewith.

If you have an equation: f(x) = a.x 2 +bx+c, it can always written as f(x) = [x - (-b+(b 2 -4ac) 1/2 )/2a] * [x + (-b+(b 2 -4ac) 1/2 )/2a] – (1), in first equation roots will be +i and -i,...

Akshay 24 days ago
Find number of seven digit number in the form of abcdefg (g,f,e etc, are digits at units, tens, hundred's place etc) where ae >f >g

The questing is appearing in distarted form. a is less than b which is less than c which is less than d. And d is greater than e which is greater than f which is greater than g. The...

Bhuvnesh Mathur 11 days ago
if 1,a1,a2......an-1are n roots of unity , then the value of (1-a1)(1-a2).....(1-an-1) is?

Basically 1,a1,a2......an-1 all these are the roots of this equation x 3 – 1 =0 So I can write Put x=1 on both the sides now Ans =3
  img
Nishant Vora 12 days ago
Find the integration of the following function from 0 to 2pi [(sin 2n x)/(sin 2n x + cos 2n x)]

bkjbcxmzbnc xz, c,x c ckzbxc,m ,

Jitender Singh one year ago
what is vector

Dear student, Any physical quantity can be classified either as a scalar or as a vector. A scalar quanitity can be specified completely with its magnitude whereas the vector needs both the...
  img
Sumit Majumdar one year ago

A Vector is a quantity that has both mgnitude as well as direction and obeys the laws of vetor algebra.

Harshakavya 11 months ago

A Vector is a quantity that has both mgnitude as well as direction and obeys the laws of vetor algebra.

Nisarga Rajendra Khairnar 11 months ago
how did u get 2sinAcosA after multiplying

Please reply in the same thread where the question was answered.
  img
Vijay Mukti 12 days ago
View all Questions »