There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

plz solve -

Lt(x->0) (log(cos x)/(sinx)^2)

thanx in advance..

3 years ago

Answers : (2)

Lt x->0 log(cos x)/ (sinx)2

Lt x->0 log [1 + (cosx - 1)]/(sinx)2                                         {Add and subtract 1}

Lt x->0 log [1 + (cosx - 1)](cosx - 1)/ (cosx - 1) (sin x)2          {Multiply divide by (cosx - 1)}

Lt x->0 {log [1 + (cosx - 1)]/ (cos x - 1)}  {(cosx - 1) / (sinx)2}

Lt x->0 {(log [1 + m])/ (m)} { - (1 - cosx)/ ??(sinx)2}

Here m->0 as cosx - 1 ->0 when x-> o So, Standard limit Lt x->0  log[ 1 + x]/ x = 1

Lt x->0 {1} {- (1 - cosx)(x2) / (x2) (sinx)2                                            {Multiply divide by (sinx)2}

Lt x->0 - {(1- cosx) / (x2)} { (x2) / (sinx)2}

Using Standard limit Lt x->0 (1-cosx) / (x2) = 1/2 and Lt x->0  (x/ sinx)= 1, we get,

Lt x->0 - {1/2} { (1)2 }

Lt x->0 -1/2

= -1/2

3 years ago

Anmol , Ur answer is indeed right . but I want to do it by a simple method called L Hopitals rule.

Any problem yielding 0/0 by direct substition can be solved by the approach.

This method coveys tht any  limit yielding 0/0

lim f(x)/g(x) = {d f(x) /dx } / {d g(x) /dx }

Here in the question by direct substitution we get 0/0 So apply L Hopitals rule

Lt (x->0) log(cos(x))/(sinx)2 = Lt(x->0)d/dx {log(cos(x))} / d/dx {sin2x} = -1/2 cos2(x)  = -1/2 (By direct Substitution)

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
How do you find the intersection of a trigonometric interval and another interval? For example, intersection of x lying in the interval [-4,4] and x lying in the interval...

To determine the number of tetrahedral and octahedral voids in a three-dimensional close-packing of spheres, we note that a sphere in a hexagonal close-packed layer A is surrounded by three...

ng29 one month ago

plz approve if useful

ng29 one month ago
solve mod x^2 +4x +3=x+1.

|x 2 +4x+3|=x+1, Now, the LHS changes at different values of x. x 2 +4x+3=(x+3)(x+1)=+ve for x -1 ...(i) while it is -ve for x between -3 and -1 ...(ii) So, for (i) we have x 2 +4x+3=x+1 on...

Shubham Swastik Behera 18 days ago

Something is wrong with the greater than and less than symbol. I’m writing it in words: x 2 +4x+3=(x+3)(x+1)=+ve for when x is outside (-3,-1) i.e. less than -3 and greater than -1. Cheers!!

Shubham Swastik Behera 18 days ago

x 2 + 4x + 3 = x +1 x 2 + 3x +x + 3 = x + 1 (splitting the middle term) x(x+3) 1(x+3) = x + 1 (x+1)(x+3) = x+1 x+3 = x+1/x+1 x+3 = 1 x= 1-3= -2

sakthi meena Ramanathan 19 days ago
A bag contains 4 red and 4 black balls. Another bag contains 2 red and 6 black balls. One of the two bags is selected at random and a ball is drawn from the bag which is found to be red....

Wrong , ans is 2/3 and thanks i have solved it .

Drake 5 months ago

the probability that the ball is drawn from the first bag ..... total balls in both the bags is 4+4+2+6 = 16. but the ball should be red and from the first bag, therefore th probability is...

God Of Maths 5 months ago
if x=log(75,45) and y=log(375,135). find xy+5(x-y)

Use the base changing formulae to get the result. Probably a common factor amongst all the numbers... That will do to equalise the equation given....
  img
Ravi 7 months ago

Use the base changing formulae to get the result. Probably a common factor amongst all the numbers... That will do to equalise the equation given....
  img
Ravi 7 months ago
If a,b,c,d are unit vectors such that (axb).(cxd)=1. a.c=1/2 Find the angle between b and d . {please include bar with the vectors}

Given ||a x b|| <= ||a|| ||b|| = 1 and ||c x d|| <= ||c|| ||d|| = 1 and that | (a x b) . (c x d) | <= ||a x b|| * ||c x d|| = 1, with adequation alone if they're parallel, we...
  img
Sourabh Singh 8 months ago
The angle between the tangents drawn from the origin to the parabola y2=4a(x-a)

90*

prateek jha 9 months ago

Harshakavya 9 months ago
View all Questions »