plz solve -

Lt(x->0) (log(cos x)/(sinx)^2)

thanx in advance..

2 years ago

Answers : (2)

Lt x->0 log(cos x)/ (sinx)2

Lt x->0 log [1 + (cosx - 1)]/(sinx)2                                         {Add and subtract 1}

Lt x->0 log [1 + (cosx - 1)](cosx - 1)/ (cosx - 1) (sin x)2          {Multiply divide by (cosx - 1)}

Lt x->0 {log [1 + (cosx - 1)]/ (cos x - 1)}  {(cosx - 1) / (sinx)2}

Lt x->0 {(log [1 + m])/ (m)} { - (1 - cosx)/ ??(sinx)2}

Here m->0 as cosx - 1 ->0 when x-> o So, Standard limit Lt x->0  log[ 1 + x]/ x = 1

Lt x->0 {1} {- (1 - cosx)(x2) / (x2) (sinx)2                                            {Multiply divide by (sinx)2}

Lt x->0 - {(1- cosx) / (x2)} { (x2) / (sinx)2}

Using Standard limit Lt x->0 (1-cosx) / (x2) = 1/2 and Lt x->0  (x/ sinx)= 1, we get,

Lt x->0 - {1/2} { (1)2 }

Lt x->0 -1/2

= -1/2

2 years ago

Anmol , Ur answer is indeed right . but I want to do it by a simple method called L Hopitals rule.

Any problem yielding 0/0 by direct substition can be solved by the approach.

This method coveys tht any  limit yielding 0/0

lim f(x)/g(x) = {d f(x) /dx } / {d g(x) /dx }

Here in the question by direct substitution we get 0/0 So apply L Hopitals rule

Lt (x->0) log(cos(x))/(sinx)2 = Lt(x->0)d/dx {log(cos(x))} / d/dx {sin2x} = -1/2 cos2(x)  = -1/2 (By direct Substitution)

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
if a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i are 9 different natural numbers then how many 3x3 and 2x2 matrices are formed with these numbers?

A 3x3 matrix will have 9 vacant places for the numbers to be put in from the available options i.e. 9 given numbers. So Number of arrangements of 9 numbers at 9 different places =...
  img
Ravi 2 months ago
the gcd of two positive integer is 81 and their lcm is 5103 , find the number

i want answer from you

anand kapare 4 months ago

729 and 567 GCD=81 Therefore numbers are 81a and 81b for a and b are co-prime. LCM=81*a*b = 5103=81*63 therefore ab=63 a,b=9,7 so numbers are 81*7=567 and 81*9 =729 GCD of 15,20,35 is 5...

Karan Yadav 4 months ago

find gcd of 15,20,35 . also find x, y, z such that 15x+20y+35z= gcd

anand kapare 4 months ago
A Company has two plants to manufacture cycles. The first plant manufactures 60% of the cycles and the second plant manufactures 40%. 80% of the cycles of the first plant are rated of...

let f be event that the cycle is from first plant. let s be event that the cycle is from second plant. let g be event that the cycle is of standard quality. from sum, P(f)=0.6, P(s)=0.4,...

ARUN KAUSHIK N R 4 days ago

let f be event that the cycle is from first plant. let s be event that the cycle is from second plant. let g be event that the cycle is of standard quality. from sum, P(f)=0.6, P(s)=0.4,...

how to find angle made by vector with x-axis

Say the vector is A. Take dot product with i cap. A.i = |A| . 1 . cos B You know how to calculate A.i. Hence, cos B = A.i/|A| B is the angle with x axis Thanks Bharat Bajaj IIT Delhi...
  img
bharat bajaj 9 months ago
help please …....expalin fully ….reply soon

hello student go to this link http://www.askiitians.com/forums/Differential-Calculus/help-please-explain-fully-reply-soo_110518.htm...
  img
Nishant Vora 3 months ago
Integrate from 0 to 1. ∫|sin2(pi)x| dx || is a modulus function.

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below
  img
Jitender Singh 6 months ago
View all Questions »