Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: CART20

plz solve -

Lt(x->0) (log(cos x)/(sinx)^2)

thanx in advance..

4 years ago

Answers : (2)

Lt x->0 log(cos x)/ (sinx)2

Lt x->0 log [1 + (cosx - 1)]/(sinx)2                                         {Add and subtract 1}

Lt x->0 log [1 + (cosx - 1)](cosx - 1)/ (cosx - 1) (sin x)2          {Multiply divide by (cosx - 1)}

Lt x->0 {log [1 + (cosx - 1)]/ (cos x - 1)}  {(cosx - 1) / (sinx)2}

Lt x->0 {(log [1 + m])/ (m)} { - (1 - cosx)/ ??(sinx)2}

Here m->0 as cosx - 1 ->0 when x-> o So, Standard limit Lt x->0  log[ 1 + x]/ x = 1

Lt x->0 {1} {- (1 - cosx)(x2) / (x2) (sinx)2                                            {Multiply divide by (sinx)2}

Lt x->0 - {(1- cosx) / (x2)} { (x2) / (sinx)2}

Using Standard limit Lt x->0 (1-cosx) / (x2) = 1/2 and Lt x->0  (x/ sinx)= 1, we get,

Lt x->0 - {1/2} { (1)2 }

Lt x->0 -1/2

= -1/2

4 years ago

Anmol , Ur answer is indeed right . but I want to do it by a simple method called L Hopitals rule.

Any problem yielding 0/0 by direct substition can be solved by the approach.

This method coveys tht any  limit yielding 0/0

lim f(x)/g(x) = {d f(x) /dx } / {d g(x) /dx }

Here in the question by direct substitution we get 0/0 So apply L Hopitals rule

Lt (x->0) log(cos(x))/(sinx)2 = Lt(x->0)d/dx {log(cos(x))} / d/dx {sin2x} = -1/2 cos2(x)  = -1/2 (By direct Substitution)

4 years ago

Post Your Answer

how many mathematicians are there from our country?

I think this is quite a subjective question. Can you just put down the purpose and tell which level mathematicians data you are looking for.
  img
Harsh Patodia 2 months ago

hello, i think this is typical quetion.first person is ramanujan he is the most important person in the world.and arya bhatta is the most important person in the world because he invented...

raj kumar one month ago

In our india so many mathe maticians are there.one of the most mathematician is ramanujan.others are aryabattah,ramachandra like.................................

RAMCHANDRARAO one month ago
the positive integer is just greater than (1+0.0001) 10000 is ​ a) 4 b) 5 c) 2 d) 3

It is well known that lim n—> inf (1 + 1/n)^n evaluates to e. So if we put n = 10000 (1 + 1/10000)^10000 And by binomial theorem, Using the binomial theorem: ( 1 + 1/10000 )^10000 = 10000C0 ...

Karthik Kumar 7 months ago

It is well known that lim n—> inf (1 + 1/n)^n evaluates to e. So if we put n = 10000 (1 + 1/10000)^10000 And by binomial theorem, (1 + 1/10000)^10000 = 1 + 10000C1 1/1000 + … > 2 So the...

Karthik Kumar 7 months ago
what is acomplex number?what is the real life applicaton of complex numbers????????????????????

HELLO GURAVA A complex number is a number that can be expressed in the form a + bi, where a and b are real numbers and i is the imaginary unit, that satisfies the equation i 2 = −1. In this ...

raj kumar 4 months ago

Hello Guravaiah A complex number is a number that can be expressed in the form a + bi, where a and b are real numbers and i is the imaginary unit, that satisfies the equation i 2 = −1. In...

Gaddam Chethan 4 months ago

Dear Guravaiah A complex number is a number that can be expressed in the form a + bi, where a and b are real numbers and i is the imaginary unit, that satisfies the equation i 2 = −1. In...

Prabhakar ch 4 months ago
Is sk goyal`s new pattern mathematics good for jee advanced or should I refer any other book for problems?

Yes the book is good But I am suggesting you some more books NCERT class XI and class XII books (all students should start with these early) For best concepts you can purchase ‘IIT...
  img
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
the differential equation of all conics whose centre lie at the origin,is of order?plz would like an explanatory axis?

the general equation of conic is ax2+ by2+ 2hxy + 2gx-+ 2fy +c =0 with centre at origin the value of g n f will be 0. Hence the order will be 4.
  img
Sourabh Singh one month ago
Differentiate y = x^tanx + tanx^sinx w.r.t. x i.e. d(x^tanx+tanx^sinx)/dx

Let y1 = x^tanx take log both sides and then differentiate, y1 w.r.t. x logy1 = tanx(log(x)) (1/y1).dy1/dx = sec^2(log(x))*1/x put the value of y1 too now, dy1/dx =...

vikas yadav yesterday
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: int40

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: CART20

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts