Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: MOB20

A  leaf  is  torn  from  a  paperback  novel. The  sum  of  the  numbers  on  the  remaining  pages  is 15000.  What are the page numbers on the torn leaf ?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
The sum of the numbers form an arithmetic progression.
So, assuming the number of pages is n, the first is number 1. And number missing are p and p+1 (a leaf is torn so two page numbers missing).
Then Sum of all pages= n/2 (2+n-1) {using the formula of sum of AP with a=1}
The Sum of remaining pages =15000=n/2(2+n-1)-p-(p+1);
=> 15000= n+n^2/2-n/2-2p-1
=> 15000=n^2/2+n/2-2p-1
=>14999*2=n^2+n-4p
=>4p=n^2+n-14999*2
=>p=(n^2+n-14999*2)*0.25
=>p=(n(n+1)-14999*2)*0.25
Thus knowing the total number of pages you can determine p and p+1 numerically.
one year ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

If A and B are squares matrices such that A^2006=0 and AB=A+B,then find det(B).

We have det A = 0. Also from A+B = AB we have B = AB-A = AB – AI = A(B-I) so det B = det A det(B-I) = 0

mycroft holmes 16 days ago
plz can u give me solution of q48 and q49

q49. Sn will be equal to coff. of x in : (1+1/x) n .(1+x) n = ∑ n C i * n C i+1 (that is power x i+1 from second bracket multiplied by power x i of first, and i varying from 0 to n-1....

Akshay one year ago

will be the series in question. n . cofficient of x 2n-2i (-1) j (1+x) i C n = ∑ n -1) 2 q48. Assume ((x+1) Expand (x+1) 2 in LHS and solve. ATB.

Akshay one year ago

q48. Assume ((x+1) 2 -1) n = ∑ n C i (1+x) 2n-2i . cofficient of x n will be the series in question. Expand (x+1) 2 in LHS and solve. ATB.

Akshay one year ago
number of quadilaterals that can be made using vertices of a polygon of 10 sides as their vertices and having exactly 2 sides common with polygon.

Hint: Firstly select two sides out of 10 sides of polygon i.e. 10C2 then after selecting this two sides our 3 + 2 vertices are gone, now we are left with 5 more vertices, Out of these 5...
  img
Vijay Mukati 2 days ago
if A,B,C are mutually perpendicular prove that C×(A×B)=0 Also A,B,C are vectors

Dear Student, If A, B and C are mutually perpendicular then, A x B will be the vector perpendicular to both A and B i.e. C only. Now C x C = 0 because the cross product of two same vectors...
  img
Vijay Mukati 9 months ago

If A, B and C are mutually perpendicular then, A x B will be the vector perpendicular to both A and B i.e. C only. Now C x C = 0 because the cross product of two same vectors is zero....

Ankit Jaiswal 5 months ago
tell me tricks in calculations??????????????????/////???????????/

if you may know the shortcuts then you may solve many problems in a fraction of second.so please try to know the shortcuts.

N JYOTHEESWAR 6 months ago

hi chethan Have someone type in any number between 1 and 900 into the calculator without letting you know what it is. (Actually, this trick will work for numbers greater ...

manichandra 6 months ago

dear iitian.. there are many skills to calculate calculation....first we have to know the shortcuts then only you have able to the solve problems..............

mohan 6 months ago
Integration of root tanx

RAKESH CHINDAM 11 months ago

RAKESH CHINDAM 11 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 440 off