ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

A  leaf  is  torn  from  a  paperback  novel. The  sum  of  the  numbers  on  the  remaining  pages  is 15000.  What are the page numbers on the torn leaf ?

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
The sum of the numbers form an arithmetic progression.
So, assuming the number of pages is n, the first is number 1. And number missing are p and p+1 (a leaf is torn so two page numbers missing).
Then Sum of all pages= n/2 (2+n-1) {using the formula of sum of AP with a=1}
The Sum of remaining pages =15000=n/2(2+n-1)-p-(p+1);
=> 15000= n+n^2/2-n/2-2p-1
=> 15000=n^2/2+n/2-2p-1
=>14999*2=n^2+n-4p
=>4p=n^2+n-14999*2
=>p=(n^2+n-14999*2)*0.25
=>p=(n(n+1)-14999*2)*0.25
Thus knowing the total number of pages you can determine p and p+1 numerically.
9 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
If ((x-1)(x-2) 2 (x-3) 3 )/((x-4) 2 (x-5) 6 ) > 0, then find the values of x.

the answer is (−infinity,1) U (3,infinity)

Shubham Singh 24 days ago

SIDHARTH JAIN 25 days ago

N should be higher than D upto 3 N will 0 and and 4 &5 Dwill be 0 so the first number after that is 6 which nmake sense .

SIDHARTH JAIN 24 days ago
pl. provide solutions

For your first question... Given quadratic : ax 2 – 2bx + c = 0 Now, b 2 - ac 2 - 4ac Thus, roots are imaginary. We have, 4a+4b+c 2 → a(-2) 2 - 2b(-2) + c → f(-2) The required expression is...

Yash Jain one month ago

For your first question... Given quadratic : ax 2 – 2bx + c = 0 Now, b 2 - ac 2 - 4ac Thus, roots are imaginary. We have, 4a+4b+c 2 → a(-2) 2 - 2b(-2) + c → f(-2) The required expression is...

Yash Jain one month ago

Yash Jain one month ago
Find the real values of the parameter ‘a’ for which atleast one complex number z =x+iysatisfies both the equality | z- ai | = a+4 and the inequality | z-2 |

Hello Student, Please find the answer to your question below [|z-ai| = a + 4] [|z-2| < 1] For these two to have atleast one solution, then both circles must intersect [|x+iy-ai| = a+4]...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 10 months ago

Dear student, Can you please mention the complete inequality. Is it either |z-2|> 0, or |z-2|<0 or any other number. Once, you can provide that detail, we can colve it further. Regards...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 9 months ago
root 2 cosx+ root6 sinx= max (sintheta + costheta) where theta belongs to R find the general value of x

Ans:Hello student, please find answer to your question
  img
Jitender Singh 10 months ago

thnk u very much

keerthi priya 10 months ago
The line lx+my+n=0 bisects the angle between a pair of straight lines of which one is px+qy+r=0. Show that the equation to the other line is:- (px+qy+r)(l^2+m^2) -2(lp+mq)(lx+my+n) =0

Form a family of straight lines passing through the point of intersection oflx+my+n=0 andpx+qy+r=0. (px+qy+r)+µ(lx+my+n)=0 Find the angle betweenlx+my+n=0 andpx+qy+r=0 and equate it to...
  img
Ravi 4 months ago
If p(x) be a polynomial of degree 3 satisfying p(−1) = 10, p(1) = −6 and p(x) has maximum at x = −1 and p′(x) has minima at x = 1. Find the distance between the local maximum and local...

Hello Student, Let the polynomial be p(x)=ax^3 +bx^2 +cx+d p(-1)=–a + b – c + d = 10 p (1) = a + b + c + d = –6 p'(-1)=3a – 2b + c = 0 p''(1)= 6a + 2b = 0...
  img
Arun Kumar 10 months ago
View all Questions »