Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 660 off
USE CODE: asknikunj

A  leaf  is  torn  from  a  paperback  novel. The  sum  of  the  numbers  on  the  remaining  pages  is 15000.  What are the page numbers on the torn leaf ?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
The sum of the numbers form an arithmetic progression.
So, assuming the number of pages is n, the first is number 1. And number missing are p and p+1 (a leaf is torn so two page numbers missing).
Then Sum of all pages= n/2 (2+n-1) {using the formula of sum of AP with a=1}
The Sum of remaining pages =15000=n/2(2+n-1)-p-(p+1);
=> 15000= n+n^2/2-n/2-2p-1
=> 15000=n^2/2+n/2-2p-1
=>14999*2=n^2+n-4p
=>4p=n^2+n-14999*2
=>p=(n^2+n-14999*2)*0.25
=>p=(n(n+1)-14999*2)*0.25
Thus knowing the total number of pages you can determine p and p+1 numerically.
2 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

What is the difference between the subset and belongs to ?

belongs to is used for only the ements of the set. for exapmle a set which is defined as: A = {2,3,4,5,6,7} here we can say that 2 belongs to the set A. or 5 belongs to the set A. like...

Vikas TU 18 days ago
Find all the solutions of the equation , [(2|x| – 3) 2 - |x| – 6]/(4x+1 ) =0 which belong to the domain of definition of the function y= (2x+1) /(x – 36) the answer is given as x = +3 and – ...

Solving numerator, (2|x| – 3) 2 - |x| – 6 = > 4|x|^2 + 9 – 12|x| – |x| – 6 => 4|x|^2 -13|x| + 3 = 0 = > 4|x|^2 -12|x| – |x| + 3 = 0 = > 4|x|(|x| – 3) – (|x| – 3) = 0 => (4|x| – 1) (|x| – 3) ...

Vikas TU one month ago
sir, can u suggest me some good reference books for maths cbse i already have ​1. NCERT 2. RD Sharma ​3. RS aggarwal other than these pls suggest me some books

Try Shivdas. And if U already have RD Sharma ​and RS aggarwal then this is enough to get clear yor maths board exams. Just practice those all slved and unsolved questions mentioned in these ...

Vikas TU 27 days ago
tan 20 + tan 40 + tan 80 – tan 60 = asin 40 a = 8 but how?

In first two ratios apply tan(A+B) formulae and in next two terms apply tan(A-B) formulae. and then convert it to sin form.

Vikas TU 6 days ago
perimeter of ellipse??/

Hi, Its difficult to calculate the exact perimeter/ circumference of the ellipse. Hence there are many approximations to this formula. One such approximation is, Perimeter = 2*pi sqrt((a 2 +...
  img
Vijay Mukati one year ago
Please my doubt . Also pls suggest any graphical way to solve this out . It's urgent . Thankyou

The Graph of this function can be plotted using online tool Search desmos in google Unfortunately this website does not allow attachments for answers hence cannot post how graph looks like. ...

Ajay 2 months ago

You re welcome neha. Regarding books, Cengage has good reviews online, but I have not personally refered to it so cant comment on sufficiency of that book. I hope cengage book should have...

Ajay 2 months ago

I hope you want to ask why domain of arcsin cannot be greater than 1. by definition of inverse function the the domain of arcsin = range of sin function. Now range of sin function is [-1, 1 ...

Ajay 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off

Get extra R 660 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts