Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: MOB20

A  leaf  is  torn  from  a  paperback  novel. The  sum  of  the  numbers  on  the  remaining  pages  is 15000.  What are the page numbers on the torn leaf ?

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
The sum of the numbers form an arithmetic progression.
So, assuming the number of pages is n, the first is number 1. And number missing are p and p+1 (a leaf is torn so two page numbers missing).
Then Sum of all pages= n/2 (2+n-1) {using the formula of sum of AP with a=1}
The Sum of remaining pages =15000=n/2(2+n-1)-p-(p+1);
=> 15000= n+n^2/2-n/2-2p-1
=> 15000=n^2/2+n/2-2p-1
=>14999*2=n^2+n-4p
=>4p=n^2+n-14999*2
=>p=(n^2+n-14999*2)*0.25
=>p=(n(n+1)-14999*2)*0.25
Thus knowing the total number of pages you can determine p and p+1 numerically.
one year ago

Post Your Answer

If x+root y = 11 and root x+y = 7, then how to calculate x and y.

sorry sorry I wrote wrong ya yes x = 9 y = 4

A M S ARUN KRISHNA 5 months ago

Answer is: X=9, Y=4.

PRAPULPODISHETTI 5 months ago

x=9, y=4

Anoopam Mishra 5 months ago
How to find rank of the word examination in dictionary

plsss mention the word...one can explain the permutation combination behind it thru’ an example.

saayan mitra 5 months ago

plsss mention the word...one can explain the permutation combination behind it thru’ an example.

Give an example of a sequence {an} such that it passes three limit points.[Hint:Example of a sequence {an} passes two limits is {(-1)^n}]

First off, a limit point for a real number sequence is a real number that has infinitely many terms at any distance from it (i.e. in any epsilon neighbourhood). This is a relaxed condition...

mycroft holmes 5 months ago

1,-1,1,1,-1,1/2, 1,-1,1/3,.... i.e. the sequence given by a n = 1 if n=3k+1 = -1 if n = 3k+2 = 1/k if n = 3k has infinitely many terms that are in any neighbourhood of 1,-1, and 0. Hence...

mycroft holmes 5 months ago

can you please explain it......

MOHAMMAD AFROZ 5 months ago
sir,i need an answer to this question from permutations and combinations.the question is:-there are n distinct white balls and n distinct black balls.if the number of ways of arranging them ...

Definately, you will have to start with white or black (2 cases) and then repeat the order as WBWBWB or BWBWBW … and ways to arrange n white or black balls will be factorial(n)....
  img
Vijay Mukati 7 months ago

n=4, suppose it starts with black ball. sequence will be BWBW......BWBW, and if it starts with white ball, sequence will be WBWB.....WBWB. so, there are two cases, for each case, total will ...

Akshay 7 months ago

n=4, suppose it starts with black ball. sequence will be BWBW......BWBW, and if it starts with white ball, sequence will be WBWB.....WBWB. so, there are two cases, for each case, total will ...

manmath 9 days ago
0 ∫ 1 (1+e -x^2 )dx=?

jagdish singh singh 3 months ago
find the sum of a infinite geometric series whose first term is the limit of the function f(x)=(tanx-sinx)/(sinx)^3 as x tends to 0 and whose common ratio is the liit of the function...

for f(x) divide numerator denominaor by x^3.... then use expansion series... I couldn’t understand what g(x) is so pls rewrite that

Jayakrishna 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 440 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts