Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 660 off
USE CODE: asknikunj

How many pairs of (x,y) satisfy the equations 3x+6y=21 and 4x+8y=16

4 years ago

Answers : (4)

as 3/4=6/8  so these lines are parallel, i.e. have no common point, so 0 pairs of (x,y) will satisfy this

4 years ago

3x + 6y = 21

or, x+2y=7

4x+8y=16

x+2y=4

Inconsistent equations. No solution.

4 years ago

dear suresh,

these two equations reaemble two parallel lines as a1/a2=b1/b2not equal to c1/c2.

so these two lines never intersect and thus have no solution

3 years ago

no solution since they are parallel lines
please post some tough questions next time
:)

3 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

The sum of 5 consecutive whole number is 2005.what is the sum of all the digits of these 5 numbers

Given, x + (x+1) + (x+2) + (x+3) + (x+4) =2005 5x + 10 = 2005 5x = 1995 x = 399 Numbers are therefore, 399, 400, 401, 402, 403 Now u can sum their digits.

Vikas TU 3 days ago
Let abc be sides of triangle . No two are equal and € belongs to real numbers.If roots of x.x +2(a+b+c)x+3€(ab+bc+ca)=0 are real. Then range of€=?

In triangles we have the inequality which can be written as The left inequality arises from and the right inequality from the triangle inequalities squared i.e. and summing up. If then the...

mycroft holmes 8 days ago

For roots to be real its Discriminant should be greater than equal to zero. It should not be imaginary. Hence, 4(a+b+c)^2 – 12 €(ab+bc+ca) greater than equal to zero.

Vikas TU 8 days ago
I am not getting the derivation of the formula nPr=n!÷(n-r)!. n=no. of objects and r=no. of times taken (the object)

Consider that you have three drawers and 10 balls of different colors. Now in how many ways can you fill all three drawers with balls from set of 10 balls so that each drawer conatins one...

Ajay one month ago

Please answer it fast! not able to understand permutations and combinations without it. 😢 Anyone kindly answer it. Hurry up please!!

riya one month ago
in rectangle ABCD ,diagonal BD=26 cm and cotangent of angle ABD=1.5. Find the area and the perimeter of the rectangle ABCD.

312 cm2 and perimeter is 10 root 52. find cot x=ab/ad .consder lengths as 3x and 2x. apply pythagoras to find x . then apply formulas to find area and perimeter

Rishabh Ranjan Das one month ago
The number of 6 - digit number s that can be made with the digits 0,1,2,3,4&5 so that even digits occupy odd places is ( A ) 24 (B) 36 ( C ) 48 ( D ) NONE

the numbers which are allowed are 0,1,2,3,4,5 and the number has to be 6 digit ( _ _ _ _ _ _ ) so 0 cannot occupy lacks place (the number should not start with 0 as 0_ _ _ _ _ ) as it will...

Ankit Jaiswal yesterday

i suppose i dont need to metion that 3!=3*2*1=6...

Ankit Jaiswal yesterday

BUT THE ANSWER IS... 24..

T Jahnavi 7 days ago
angle between the pair of straight lines 4x 2 + 10xy + my 2 + 5x + 10y = 0 is

general equation of pair of staight line – ax 2 + 2hxy + by 2 + 2gx + 2hy + c = 0 so, a = 4, b = m, h = 5, g = 5/2, f = 5, c = 0. put it in the equation – abc + 2hgf – af 2 – bg 2 – ch 2 =...

Satyadip Mahapatra 8 months ago

general equation of pair of staight line – ax 2 + 2hxy + by 2 + 2gx + 2hy + c = 0 so, a = 4, b = m, h = 5, g = 5/2, f = 5, c = 0. put it in the equation – abc + 2hgf – af 2 – bg 2 – ch 2 =...

Satyadip Mahapatra 8 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 4,500 off

Get extra R 660 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts