Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

How many pairs of (x,y) satisfy the equations 3x+6y=21 and 4x+8y=16

3 years ago

Answers : (4)

as 3/4=6/8  so these lines are parallel, i.e. have no common point, so 0 pairs of (x,y) will satisfy this

3 years ago

3x + 6y = 21

or, x+2y=7

Inconsistent equations. No solution.

3 years ago

dear suresh,

these two equations reaemble two parallel lines as a1/a2=b1/b2not equal to c1/c2.

so these two lines never intersect and thus have no solution

2 years ago

no solution since they are parallel lines
please post some tough questions next time

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

is theory of sl loney good for iit jee
You can follow S L Loney Trigonometry andCoordinate Geometry books as are very good The best part of S L Loney Trigonometry is its coverage inHeights and DistancesandInverse Trigonometric...
Avinash 4 months ago
ITS VERY GOOD,It helped me alot in my doubts and also refer RD sharma for conics
Alfaz Khan 3 months ago
Yeah! me too.... for best reference refer Tata Mcgrawl Hills or RD Sharma
VINEETH N 3 months ago
what are the factors of (p-q)3+(q-r)3+(r-p)3 helpme with explanation
Dear Student, If a+b+c = 0,....(1) then a3 + b3 + c3 = 3abc. In your cas a = p-q, b = q-r and c = r-p. If it is also satisfying the (1) condition. Therefore the factors will be 3abc =...
Vijay Mukati 29 days ago
If E = [ 1/3 + 1/50 ] + [ 1/3 + 2/50 ]+....+ upto 50 terms then what is the exponent of 2 in E ! ?
Use Hermite’s identity: Then E =[50/3] = 16. Then the exponent of 2 in 16! = [16/2]+[16/4]+[16/8]+[16/16] = 8+4+2+1 = 15
mycroft holmes one month ago
If a variable line in two adjacent positions has direction cosines l, m,n and l+∂l, m+∂m, n+∂n, show that the small angle ∂theta between the two postions is given by (∂theta) 2 = (∂l) 2 +...
Use the formula of angle between the lines and after that Use approximation to eliminate the trigonometric functionality. You will get the answer. Best of Luck
Sourabh Singh 9 months ago
if the line lx + my = 1 touches the circle x 2 + y 2 = a 2 Then the point (l , m) lies on the circle (a) a 2 (x 2 +y 2 ) = 4 (b) a 2 (x 2 +y 2 ) = 3 [c] a 2 (x 2 +y 2 ) = 2 (d) a 2 (x 2 +y...
Follow the equation of tangent to the circle. Compare l and m. Get values. Again put l and m in the equations.
Charchit Tailong 3 months ago
A rocket moves horizontally with a constant velocity ‘u’ at a height ‘L’. A guided missile is fired vertically with a speed ‘v’ when the rocket passes above it. Assuming that the missile...
Hello Student, We’ll do this by concept of relativity. rel_dis=L rel_vel=v =>t=L/v Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
Arun Kumar one year ago
View all Questions »
More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
To Win!!!
Click Here for details