How many pairs of (x,y) satisfy the equations 3x+6y=21 and 4x+8y=16

2 years ago

Answers : (4)

as 3/4=6/8  so these lines are parallel, i.e. have no common point, so 0 pairs of (x,y) will satisfy this

2 years ago

3x + 6y = 21

or, x+2y=7

4x+8y=16

x+2y=4

Inconsistent equations. No solution.

2 years ago

dear suresh,

these two equations reaemble two parallel lines as a1/a2=b1/b2not equal to c1/c2.

so these two lines never intersect and thus have no solution

one year ago

no solution since they are parallel lines
please post some tough questions next time
:)

one year ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
If the roots α and β (α + β ≠ 0) of the quadratic equation ax^2 + bx + c = 0 are real and of opposite sign. Then show that roots of the equation α(x - β)^2 + β(x - α)^2 = 0 are also real and...

Product of roots is This immediately means that both roots are real and of opposite signs (if they were complex, then they are conjugates and their product is always positive)

mycroft holmes 2 months ago
How to create a magic square if we know a date. Eg-22-04-2014 The first column should have 22 2nd-04 3rd-20 and 4 th -14. I believe ramanujan created the same thing for his birthday but I...

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question Let the magic square be wherea,b,c,drepresents the date. The conditions that the rows, columns, and diagonals sum toa+b+c+dgives...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 2 months ago
58x-68547=?

Hello student, Please find my response to your question below Iam not able to interpret your query.I think your question is not complete.please specify the value of x and recheck the...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 2 months ago
A rop of length l slides with it’s ends on co-ordinates axis. Find the locus of it’s midpoint.

see, if (a,b)are the x n y axes,a 2 +b 2 =l 2 .....(c,d) midpt....c=a/2,,d=a/2....c^2+d^2=l^2/4....x^2+y^2=l 2 /4

RITABRATA SANYAL 2 months ago
can we say that tan pi/8=sinpi/8//cospi/8

yes , why not why do you think that it may not be so??

Kaustubh Nayyar 12 days ago

tan pi/2 = (tan pi/4 + tan pi/4)/ (1 – tan pi/4. tan pi/4) this is considered as not defined also sin pi/2 / cos pi/2 is considered not defined any trignometric ratio with denomitor zero is...

Kaustubh Nayyar 10 days ago

how can we furthur solve using this method and find the value ?actually my teacher in scool told that this is wrong when i wrote it in exam?

ash jai 11 days ago
View all Questions »