Let for all n , natural numbers f(n) = product of non zero digits of n.find the largest prime divisor of

f(1) + f(2) + ...... + f(999).                                                         (the answer is 103)

2 years ago

Answers : (5)

The question is the largest prime no that divides f(n)

Lets simplify f(1)+f(2)+f(3)+f(4)+...+f(999)

= (1+2+3+4...+9)+1+(1+2+3+4+...+9)+2+2(1+2+3+4+...+9) +3+3(1+2+3+4+...+9) +...

On simpifying and using formula for summation of n natural no n(n+1)/2we get that the summation is 

Full solution is not given as u needed hints fr the question

((9*10)/2+1)((9*10)/2+1)((9*10)/2+1) -1 = (46*46*46)-1  97335

On prime factorization os 97335 we getthe last prime as 103 and hence we said tht the largest prime tht devides

2 years ago

Thnks for ur reply

But,what does 

product of non zero digits of n  

mean?

2 years ago

The product of non zero digits of n is like  f(999) = 9*9*9 , f(998)= 9*9*8, f(101)= 1*1 (0 not included)

2 years ago

How did u do this?

f(1)+f(2)+f(3)+f(4)+...+f(999)= (1+2+3+4...+9)+1+(1+2+3+4+...+9)+2+2(1+2+3+4+...+9) +3+3(1+2+3+4+...+9) +...

2 years ago

This can be done in following way

This can be done in f(1)= 1, f(2)=2, ... ,f(9)=9 , f(10) = 1 , f(11) =(1*1), f(12)= (1*2), f(13)=(1*3),...f(19),f(20)= 2 , f(21)= (2*1) and so on

2 years ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
the number of words in which the letters of the word DECISIONS be arranged so that letter N is somewhere in between I’s is k! / 12 where k is______________ int type qs..

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below There are 9 letters so there are 7 cases case 1: i _ _ _ _ _ _ _ i here no of ways =7!/2! i _ _ _ _ _ _ i_ no of ways=6*6!/2! i _...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 4 days ago

Ans: Hello Student, Please find the answer to your question below. Sorry for the previous misunderstanding as i have misinterpreted the question. Word – DECISIONS S & I in the word...
  img
Jitender Singh 27 days ago
find the sum of infinite series 1 2 +2 2 x+3 2 x 2 +4 2 x 3 +..................

http://www.askiitians.com/forums/Algebra/find-the-sum-of-infinit-series-1-2-2-2-x-3-2-x-2_108175.htm 26prajval98

PRAJVAL98 18 days ago
if a and b are +ve integer such that N=(a+ib) 3 -107i is a +ve integer .Find the value of N. where i 2 = -1

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Since N is a +ve integer. Then its imaginary part must be zero.
  img
Jitender Singh 27 days ago
Is x|x| one one ? How?

Ans: Now, you draw the graph of f(x). Horizontal parallel line method: Draw a line parallel to x-axis. Line cuts the graph at only one point. So, f(x) is one-one not mony-one Vertical...
  img
Jitender Singh one month ago
what is a scalar vector

Scalars are quantities that are fully described by a magnitude (or numerical value) alone. Vectors are quantities that are fully described by both a magnitude and a direction. A related...
  img
Saurabh Singh 6 months ago

Scalar Quantities Most of the physical quantities encountered in physics are either scalar or vector quantities. A scalar quantity is defined as a quantity that has magnitude only. Typical...

Indu 5 months ago

which has only magnitude

raju 5 months ago
see attachment and explain it

Ans: Hello Student, Please find answer to your question below Curve 1: Differentiate Slope of tangent: …......(1) Curve 2: Differentiate Slope of tangent: ...........(2) Since curve...
  img
Jitender Singh 25 days ago
View all Questions »