ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Show that the expression (ax-b)*(cx-d)/(bx-a)*(dx-c) can have all the values for real x if (a*a)-(b*b) and (c*c)-(d*d) have the same sign.

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
Given(ax-b)*(cx-d)/(bx-a)*(dx-c)
=(acx2-(ad+bc)x+bd)/bdx2-(bc+ad)x+ac
=x2-((d/c)+(b/a))x+(bd/ac)/x2-((c/d)+(a/b))x+(ac/bd)
So by finding the discriminant of the equation from the above we can observe that
the expression (ax-b)*(cx-d)/(bx-a)*(dx-c) can have all the values for real x if (a*a)-(b*b) and (c*c)-(d*d) have the same sign.
8 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
Find the sum of the series 1.2.3.4.5 + 2.3.4.5.6 + …… n terms.

i mean to say that certain options r provided to u in competitive exams in the above problem may be 4 options will be provided to u definetly those options will be in terms of n so, now u...

Svbsmanyam 15 days ago

first find nth term of given series then apply summation u will get but this methd is more cmplicated for this type of problems. so to save time use verificaion process that is u have put a...

Svbsmanyam 15 days ago

What is verification process?? plzz explain this question hw to solve this with procedure

Mohammad Kavish 15 days ago
In a one day test match between india and australia the umpires continue tossing a coin until two consecutive throws either ht or tt are obtained hor the first time. if it is ht india wins...

and what if they are tossed for unlimited times until one of them wins

Sudha Todi 23 days ago

yes both have equally likely chances : in india’s case theres a ½ * ½ chance that they would win on the first 2 throws in australia’s case its the same. because hh and th are not counted ….....

Kelvin Piety DeCosta 23 days ago
Let b be a complex number lying on a circle |z|=root2(a) The equation of lines passing through the centre of the circle and making an angle pi/4 with the nrmal at b is? Ans-...

please recheck the question as there can be many normals at b accordingly there will be lot of lines . Point b need to be specified to get unique line.
  img
Harsh Patodia 2 months ago

Z=a(1+i)

Anil Kumar 2 months ago
if cosx+cosy+cosz=sinx+siny+sinz=0 then prove that sin2x+sin2y+sin2z=cos2x+cos2y+cos2z=0

hello student,, cosx + cosy = -cosz , cos^2x + cos^2y + 2cosx.cosy = cos^2z , in a similar way : sin^2x+sin^2y+2sinx.siny = sin^2z , add eqns & simplify : 1+1+2(cosx.cosy+sinx.siny) = 1...
  img
Nishant Vora 8 months ago

then what we have to do

Prashant Gulia 8 months ago
Second step I want to understand

Ans: There is some little mistake in the expression Differentiete one time & apply the chain rule ….....(1) Put in (1)
  img
Jitender Singh 10 months ago

Dear student, This is a formula for nth order differentiation. Can you please elaborate what is the second step that you want to be clarified. You need to specify whether you like to do an...
  img
Sumit Majumdar 9 months ago

sumit sir ….….…i understood this question ….…..................but i have another question can u please tell me my problem ….….…....the question is please explain fully ….if it has 0/0 form...

milind 9 months ago
z,w be two complex no. |z|=|w| argz+argw=pi then z equal?

Hello Student, Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 10 months ago
View all Questions »