Show that the expression (ax-b)*(cx-d)/(bx-a)*(dx-c) can have all the values for real x if (a*a)-(b*b) and (c*c)-(d*d) have the same sign.

2 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
Given(ax-b)*(cx-d)/(bx-a)*(dx-c)
=(acx2-(ad+bc)x+bd)/bdx2-(bc+ad)x+ac
=x2-((d/c)+(b/a))x+(bd/ac)/x2-((c/d)+(a/b))x+(ac/bd)
So by finding the discriminant of the equation from the above we can observe that
the expression (ax-b)*(cx-d)/(bx-a)*(dx-c) can have all the values for real x if (a*a)-(b*b) and (c*c)-(d*d) have the same sign.
3 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
If 9th, 13th and 15th terms of an arithmetical progression are the first three terms of a geometric series whose sum of infinite terms is 80, then find the first term for A.P and also for...

let the first term of an AP be a and the common difference be d 9 th term=a+8d 13 th term=a+12d 15 th term=a+14d for a gp the first term -a+8d 2 term-a+12d 3 rd term-a+14d we have...
  img
Sunil Kumar FP one month ago
the number of words in which the letters of the word DECISIONS be arranged so that letter N is somewhere in between I’s is k! / 12 where k is______________ int type qs..

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below There are 9 letters so there are 7 cases case 1: i _ _ _ _ _ _ _ i here no of ways =7!/2! i _ _ _ _ _ _ i_ no of ways=6*6!/2! i _...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 4 months ago

Ans: Hello Student, Please find the answer to your question below. Sorry for the previous misunderstanding as i have misinterpreted the question. Word – DECISIONS S & I in the word...
  img
Jitender Singh 4 months ago
Given: [a/(b+c)] + [b(a+c)] + [c/(a+b)] = 1 Then What is the Value of : [a 2 /(b+c)] + [b 2 (a+c)] + [c 2 /(a+b)] ?

Hello student, Please find the response to your question below I think there is some data missing or some mistake in your question. whether it is b(a+c) or b/a+c also it is b 2 (a+c) or b 2...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 4 months ago

We have (a+b+c)[ (a/b+c) + (b/c+a) + (c/a+b) ] = a^2/(b+c)+b^2/(c+a)+c^2/(a+b) + (a+b+c) Hence if (a/b+c) + (b/c+a) + (c/a+b) =1, the equation becomes a+b+c = a^2/(b+c)+b^2/(c+a)+c^2/(a+b) +...

mycroft holmes 4 months ago

Sir, Thankyou for the response so that i could post the accurate question as follows: [a/(b+c)] + [b / (a+c)] + [c/(a+b)] = 1 Then What is the Value of : [a 2 /(b+c)] + [b 2 / (a+c)] + [c 2...

Hari Eeshwar 4 months ago
( * ) 1 – (sin square y) / (1+cos y) + (1 + cos y) / ( sin y) – (sin y) /(1-cos y) =

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below 1 – (sin square y) / (1+cos y) + (1 + cos y) / ( sin y) – (sin y) /(1-cos y) = cos 2 y / (1 + cosy ) + (1 + cos y) /...
  img
Nishant Vora 3 months ago
Find the period f(x)=[sin3x]+|cos6x| Thanks

Ans: Time period of f 1 (x): Time period of f 2 (x): Time period of f(x): (LCM of time period of f 1 (x) & f 2 (x))/(HCFof time period of f 1 (x) & f 2 (x)) Thanks & Regards...
  img
Jitender Singh 5 months ago
Is pedal triangle in JEE syllabus?

Hello Student, No pedal triangle is not in JEE syllabus. Thanks & Regards Arun Kumar Btech, IIT Delhi Askiitians Faculty
  img
Arun Kumar 5 months ago
View all Questions »