ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Show that the expression (ax-b)*(cx-d)/(bx-a)*(dx-c) can have all the values for real x if (a*a)-(b*b) and (c*c)-(d*d) have the same sign.

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
Given(ax-b)*(cx-d)/(bx-a)*(dx-c)
=(acx2-(ad+bc)x+bd)/bdx2-(bc+ad)x+ac
=x2-((d/c)+(b/a))x+(bd/ac)/x2-((c/d)+(a/b))x+(ac/bd)
So by finding the discriminant of the equation from the above we can observe that
the expression (ax-b)*(cx-d)/(bx-a)*(dx-c) can have all the values for real x if (a*a)-(b*b) and (c*c)-(d*d) have the same sign.
7 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
For what values of a does the equation (2-x)(x+1)=a posses real and positive roots ? Please provide the solution ( The given soln is ( 2 , 17/4 ).Is it correct ???)

i Have applied D>=0 , -b/2a>0 and f(0)>0 but still not getting the answer

piyush soni 7 months ago

i Have applied D>=0 , -b/2a>0 and f(0)>0 but still not getting the answer

piyush soni 7 months ago

i have got ( 2 , 9/4 ]

piyush soni 7 months ago
question is in image

The given equation can be written in the form: Now is defined for . So, Solving these two we get …......................(1) To solve , assume left hand side as and right hand side as...
  img
Satyajit Samal 7 months ago
what is (x+3)(x -2)??

Hello Student, Please find the answer to your question (x + 3)(x – 2) = x^2+x-6 Hope that you will be satisfied with this
  img
Pankaj 9 months ago

absolutely correct. x(x – 2) + 3(x – 2) = x^2 – 2x + 3x – 6 = X^2 + x – 6 Hope that you both have understood now
  img
Pankaj 9 months ago

(x + 3)(x – 2) =x(x – 2) + 3(x – 2) = x^2 – 2x + 3x – 6 = X^2 + x – 6 Hope that you will understand now
  img
Pankaj 9 months ago
m,n are integers with 0

So anything wrong if m,n are integers with zero? Please be more specific.
  img
Ravi 2 months ago
can we say that tan pi/8=sinpi/8//cospi/8

yes , why not why do you think that it may not be so??

Kaustubh Nayyar 6 months ago

tan pi/2 = (tan pi/4 + tan pi/4)/ (1 – tan pi/4. tan pi/4) this is considered as not defined also sin pi/2 / cos pi/2 is considered not defined any trignometric ratio with denomitor zero is...

Kaustubh Nayyar 6 months ago

how can we furthur solve using this method and find the value ?actually my teacher in scool told that this is wrong when i wrote it in exam?

ash jai 6 months ago
find the angle between the two st lines 3x=4y+7 and 5y=12x+6 and also the equations to the two lines which pass through the point (4,5) and make equal angles with the two given lines

Ans: Hello student, Please find answer to your question below …...........(1) ............(2) Angle b/w two lines: Let the slope of the lines be ‘m’ which make equal angle...
  img
Jitender Singh 9 months ago
View all Questions »