Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Menu
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: CART20

Show that the expression (ax-b)*(cx-d)/(bx-a)*(dx-c) can have all the values for real x if (a*a)-(b*b) and (c*c)-(d*d) have the same sign.

4 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
Given(ax-b)*(cx-d)/(bx-a)*(dx-c)
=(acx2-(ad+bc)x+bd)/bdx2-(bc+ad)x+ac
=x2-((d/c)+(b/a))x+(bd/ac)/x2-((c/d)+(a/b))x+(ac/bd)
So by finding the discriminant of the equation from the above we can observe that
the expression (ax-b)*(cx-d)/(bx-a)*(dx-c) can have all the values for real x if (a*a)-(b*b) and (c*c)-(d*d) have the same sign.
one year ago

Post Your Answer

is theory of sl loney good for iit jee

You can follow S L Loney Trigonometry andCoordinate Geometry books as are very good The best part of S L Loney Trigonometry is its coverage inHeights and DistancesandInverse Trigonometric...
  img
Avinash 10 months ago

ITS VERY GOOD,It helped me alot in my doubts and also refer RD sharma for conics

Alfaz Khan 9 months ago

Yeah! me too.... for best reference refer Tata Mcgrawl Hills or RD Sharma

VINEETH N 9 months ago
tell me the answer of...

the answer is 0L...once you try it in your terminal by typing python and run your question there ...yoou will get answer surely

KALYAN 5 months ago

this questions answer is "0" this questions answer come in python programing in laptop terminal and all the best for your bright future. THIS CAN BE SOLVE IN PYTHON BUT THE ANSWER IS O...

raj kumar 4 months ago

my dear prabhakar what is this ,this is very quick calculation and it is will get answer zero(0) .you can find this answer by use of calculater which is avalible in our present market.

NAVEENKUMAR NAGIPOGU 4 months ago
if |z-i| less than equal to 2. (z1)=5+3i, then the maximum value of |iz+z1| is (z and z1 are complex no.).

Solution in the figure
  img
Riddhish Bhalodia one month ago

jagdish singh singh one month ago
Find the area encolsed by the curve IyI =sin2x where x belongs to [0,2pie] a)2,b)3,c)4,d)8

Dear Student, The graph for the given equation will be same as graph of y = sin2x but the portion below x-axis will be shifted above it (becuase y should always be positive). And because of...
  img
Vijay Mukati 2 months ago
∫1+tanxtan(x+a)dx

We know that, tan(c-b) = (tan c – tan b)/(1+tan c * tan b), So, (1+tan c * tan b) = (tan c – tan b) / tan (c-b), Put c= x+a, b=x, (1+tanx * tan(x+a)) = (tan(x+a) – tan x) / tan(x+a-x)...

Akshay 10 months ago
Number of points where f(x)=1/ln|x2-3x+3| is dicontinuous

Raghu Vamshi Hemadri 8 months ago

sonukumaraman 8 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 6,000 off
USE CODE: int40

Get extra R 440 off
USE CODE: CART20