ITEM
DETAILS
MRP
DISCOUNT
FINAL PRICE
Total Price:

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping

Show that the expression (ax-b)*(cx-d)/(bx-a)*(dx-c) can have all the values for real x if (a*a)-(b*b) and (c*c)-(d*d) have the same sign.

3 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hello student,
Please find the answer to your question below
Given(ax-b)*(cx-d)/(bx-a)*(dx-c)
=(acx2-(ad+bc)x+bd)/bdx2-(bc+ad)x+ac
=x2-((d/c)+(b/a))x+(bd/ac)/x2-((c/d)+(a/b))x+(ac/bd)
So by finding the discriminant of the equation from the above we can observe that
the expression (ax-b)*(cx-d)/(bx-a)*(dx-c) can have all the values for real x if (a*a)-(b*b) and (c*c)-(d*d) have the same sign.
6 months ago

Post Your Answer

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts
Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift
Vouchers
To Win!!!
Click Here for details
let x,y,z be three non-negative integer such that x+y+z=10 the maximum possible value of xyz+xy+yz+zx= ?

xyz+xy+xz+yz can be expressed as (x + 1)(y + 1)(z + 1) - (x + y + z + 1) Since x+y+z=10 xyz+xy+xz+yz = (x + 1)(y + 1)(z + 1) - 11 So now we have to maximize (x + 1)(y + 1)(z + 1) - 11 Hello...
  img
Nishant Vora 5 months ago
Find the greatest term in the expansion of (7-5x)^2 where x=2/3 Please explain the steps. Thankyou in advance.

Hello Student. Please find the solution (7-5x)^2 = 49 + 25x^2 – 70x so first term = 49 second term = -70*2/3 third term = 25 x^2 = 25*4/9 = 11.11 So 49 is greatest...
  img
Nishant Vora 5 months ago

Sorry sir.. i am extremely sorry.. Actually i typed in the wrong question.. it was (7-5x)^11, where x=2/3.. I am extremely sorry once again. Sir please give me the correct answer for this.

Swagat Bordoloi 5 months ago
x 1/2 +y=11,x+y 1/2=7

Hello student, Please find the answer to your question below From(1): x^(1/2) = 7 - y , Letx (1/2) +y=11...........(1) x+y (1/2) =7..........(2) Squaring both sides: x = (7-y)^2 = y^2 - 14y...
  img
SHAIK AASIF AHAMED 6 months ago
find the angle between the two st lines 3x=4y+7 and 5y=12x+6 and also the equations to the two lines which pass through the point (4,5) and make equal angles with the two given lines

Ans: Hello student, Please find answer to your question below …...........(1) ............(2) Angle b/w two lines: Let the slope of the lines be ‘m’ which make equal angle...
  img
Jitender Singh 8 months ago
Find the equation of the line passing through the point (2,3) and at a distance of 3 units from the origin.

let eqn. of line be y-3=m(x-2), where m is slope of line dist. from origin = 3 I0-3-m(0-2)I/(1+m 2 ) 1/2 =3 solving we get , m=0 or -12/5 lines are y=0 or 5y+12x=39

Abhishek Singh one month ago
The angle between the tangents drawn from the origin to the parabola y2=4a(x-a)

90*

prateek jha 7 months ago

Harshakavya 7 months ago
View all Questions »