Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

f:R→R  f((x-y)2)= (f(x))2 -2xf(y) +y2 then f(x)=?

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Setting x = y = 0, we get f(0) = f2(0) which means f(0) = 0 or f(0) = 1

Swapping x and y we get

f[(y-x)2] = f[(x-y)2] = f2(y) - 2y f(x) + x2

Hence we get f2(x) - 2x f(y) + y2 = f2(y) - 2y f(x) + x2

Now putting y = 0, we get f2(x) - 2x f(0)  = f2(0) - x2

If f(0) = 0, then f2(x) = x2 and we get f(x) = x after discarding f(x) = -x as extraneous

Likewise, if f(0) = 1, then f(x) = x+1 satisfies the given equation

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

Sir, this is my doubt please clarify, Let f:R->R be a function given by f(x+y) = f(x)+f(y) for all x,y belongs to R such that F91)=a, f(x)= Sir, Kindly give me the solution
Lim h->0 [ f(x+h) - f(x) ] / h = f`(x) Lim h->0 [ f(x) + f(h) - f(x) ] / h = f`(x) As f(x+y) = f(x) + f(y) Lim h->0 f(h) / h = f`(x) Transforming into differential eq. y/x = dy/dx (variable...
2017 years ago
Can anyone plz solve the 10 problem plzIn sequence and series 10 problem is a doubt
Just rationalize each term and you will get D as all terms in middle will get cancel.
Harsh Patodia one month ago
how to solve this please explain in detail and do not ignore me.
your question is very important to us and ans is very important to you i will tell you how to do this
sahil sharma 3 months ago
the image is invalid nc piajlskcnSLIDUCBwpviu WVIJN sdckndsfoIHFIJnfpQHFijnv isddV WUPNVwjefP WVwijvnSIDJVNdsip j vnPWJwipubvwjo vnWP IUBHwobWORHB wpovn
Shubhang Arora 3 months ago
Prove that...... cosπ/15.cos2π/15.cos3π/15.cos4π/15.cos5π/15.cos6π/15.cos7π/15=1/2∧7
Please help me. I m not able to sovle this question.....................,...............................
ANKIT ANAND 28 days ago
what is a probability????????????????????????????????????????
HAI GURAVAIAH, THE PROBABILITY IS DIFINED BY THE QUALITY OF BEING PROBABLE IS CALLED THE PROBABILITY.........................................................................
Gowri sankar 9 months ago
Hello Guravaiah Probability is the chance that something will happen - how likely it is that some event will happen. Sometimes you can measure a probability with a number like "10% chance...
Gaddam Chethan 9 months ago
hello guravaProbability is the chance that something will happen - how likely it is that some event will happen. Sometimes you can measure a probability with a number like "10% chance of...
raj 9 months ago
prove that integration of 1/x is logx. how should i prove that..
this is based on knowledge of 1/x is of the form of x**-1.differntiation in a nutshell is the opposite of integration. so as d/dx of ln(x) is 1/x.hence integral of 1/x is...
parchan 6 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn